Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 12:11 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,578,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
She is a special agent in charge (heads the field office). Her career is over. She'll be reassigned to Barrow, Alaska protecting penguins.
Mmmm, yes, except there are no penguins in AK, only in Antarctica.

She shouldn't be a SS agent, plain & simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 12:27 PM

50,432 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Makes one wonder how she got hired to begin with.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:22 PM

12,400 posts, read 8,183,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I wonder if they ever thought this is part of their job, if it is what it entails. Not about just wearing the uniform or the badge.
I thought that since JFK the Secret Service advertises the bodyguard function as their primary added value. If they were just going after counterfeiting the FBI would have doubled their efforts to absorb the agency

Old 01-25-2017, 01:47 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,605,164 times
In addition to wondering about SS agents being willing to take a bullet for Trump, there's also the question of whether the military officer who always accompanies him, with the "nuclear football", would actually let him get his hands on it, when he had a tantrum and wanted to nuke millions of people and start an exchange that would end all life on the planet. Which choice by that officer would be the most patriotic and have the interest of everyone's life as a priority? This one thing, "trumps" all other kinds of damage he will inflict on us.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:06 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,967,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Here's more info on this agent.

Senior Secret Service Agent: I Won't Take A Bullet For Trump | Daily Wire

She's based in Denver and unlikely to come in contact with Trump.

Her rant on FB was unprofessional. She's got her 20 years in. Time for her to retire and find something else to do.
That's not true. Secret Service agents have to do a rotation guarding the POTUS regardless of where they're stationed. It's like a military job.

The key word here is Secret. That means keep your trap shut and stay off of Facebook with stupid political rantings.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The difference between THAT behavior and THIS behavior is that this behavior relates directly to the safety and security of the president.
So when Secret Service agents got drunk they were protecting President Obama?

In both cases, they should be disciplined, demoted or fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
In the madness of the country today, would you want this person having access to all the logistical and planning information she would have access to during a trip by the president? Would YOU want to be defended by this person?
Guess you didn't bother reading all of my post, just the portion you disagreed with when I mentioned Obama. I'll re-post it for you and the post to which I was responding & agreeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. Anyone who has read my posts knows I can't stand Trump, but he deserves the same protection from the Secret Service as any other U.S. President.

OTOH, wasn't there a scandal when Secret Service agents were caught partying with prostitutes a few years ago? Were they fired?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
The easiest way for Ms. O'Grady to avoid "taking a bullet for Trump" would be for her to find more suitable employment.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:15 PM

80 posts, read 47,187 times
Does she really work for the Secret Service?

Aren't they suppose to be 'Secret" i.e you don't know who they are or what they feel until they retire?

Why would you have a face book page as an active member of this agency?

Old 01-25-2017, 06:29 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,715,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Mmmm, yes, except there are no penguins in AK, only in Antarctica.

She shouldn't be a SS agent, plain & simple.
Well, then she can count black bears ...

BTW, Secret Service agents hate to be referred as "SS." Abbreviating it to USSS is more respectful.

BTW #2, She isn't simply an agent. She's the special agent in charge of the Denver office with a couple hundred agents under her.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:34 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,715,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle View Post

Aren't they suppose to be 'Secret" i.e you don't know who they are or what they feel until they retire?

The agency name predates the USSS' protection mission. When they were founded, they chased counterfeiters. But agents assigned to protection details should not repeat what they saw or heard, and they definitely should not discuss their job or their dislike of the president on Facebook.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:52 PM

12,400 posts, read 8,183,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle View Post

Only at the beginning like James West of The Wild Wild West, James Bond in the old US West TV show. As the FBI and other agencies began to be added their "secret" missions beyond going undercover for counterfeiters started to disappear. Now the "secrets" are what they hear when protecting a VIP.

They are not the "secret police" of a banana republic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies