Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:59 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why'd they disappear from whitehouse.gov and why did his candidate for the EPA turn out to be a climate change denier?
Your logic is juvenile.

And the EPA candidate is not a climate change denier. I don't know anybody who is a climate change denier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 06:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your logic is juvenile.

And the EPA candidate is not a climate change denier. I don't know anybody who is a climate change denier.

The climate here, changes by the minute, if not by the second. It is already starting to warm up here and the sun just peaked on the horizon. There is no wind, but that is expected to change as it warms up.

If they still want to push Global Warming, I got news for you all... We have an Ice Age still in effect. The planet has not yet healed itself, from a devastating catastrophic event. What is a naturally occurring event, they have the ignorant fooled to lighten their wallet and put it in the scammers bank accounts.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:32 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
For the most part yes, I am pretty happy with the direction things are going. I do wish he would stop with his tweets, and who cares how many people attended what. Move on.
I do have some concern on the ACA thing. It doesn't need to be repealed, it needs some refinements. Let's try and get it affordable for everyone, not just lower income people. That whole industry needs a reboot. Why does an office visit cost $500 for someone with coverage, yet only $150 for those without ? (example)
I also think some of the things Trump plans on doing with our trade agreements is going to hurt everyone , in the short term. In the long run though , for our country I think it will be worth it.
I also think we are on the brink of a housing crash again, interest rates have to climb. I'm prepared, it will suck to seem my home value plummet but I'm in it for the long haul and it will climb back up again.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:43 AM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
if Donald Trump found a cure for cancer the haters would blame him for putting so many researchers out of work .....

Old 01-25-2017, 10:18 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
...it will suck to see my home value plummet...
Eh, there are pros and cons. I'm in it for the long haul too, but I've seen my tax appraisal go from $126K to $206K which means my property tax burden has gone from $3,489 ($291 / month on 2.98% or 2.77% effective after HS exemptions) to $5,741 ($478 / month for an increase of 65% or $188 / month or $2252 / year) in only a few years. Could use a slowdown in that rate of increase or even a reversal in the direction of change.

Together with skyrocketing home insurance, I've seen my monthly PITI ESCROW payment go from $941 to $1258 in only a few years, an increase of $317 / month or over 33%. Won't be long before just paying for the tax and HO insurance will be more than my entire PITI was.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:51 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Eh, there are pros and cons. I'm in it for the long haul too, but I've seen my tax appraisal go from $126K to $206K which means my property tax burden has gone from $3,489 ($291 / month on 2.98% or 2.77% effective after HS exemptions) to $5,741 ($478 / month for an increase of 65% or $188 / month or $2252 / year) in only a few years. Could use a slowdown in that rate of increase or even a reversal in the direction of change.

Together with skyrocketing home insurance, I've seen my monthly PITI ESCROW payment go from $941 to $1258 in only a few years, an increase of $317 / month or over 33%. Won't be long before just paying for the tax and HO insurance will be more than my entire PITI was.

Understood. I should have explained, I did some stupid things in my past...one of them was pulling the equity out of my house at a time the value was it's highest. So after the crash I was underwater, so now I'm actually gaining ground, so it will suck to be underwater again, after the next crash. Sure, I know... I'm the one to blame but it will still suck.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Understood. I should have explained, I did some stupid things in my past...one of them was pulling the equity out of my house at a time the value was it's highest. So after the crash I was underwater, so now I'm actually gaining ground, so it will suck to be underwater again, after the next crash. Sure, I know... I'm the one to blame but it will still suck.
Ahhh, gotcha. Different story completely. Hang in there!

Old 03-16-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I'm personally anticipating the DoL Fid Rule being delayed by six months and possibly two additional years.
414 days later, the court vacates the rule in full.

The Fifth Circuit last night threw out the DoL Fiduciary Rule in its entirety. The court held that DoL’s regulation went far beyond its statutory authority by imposing fiduciary obligations in situations where there is no reasonable expectation of trust or reliance.

This provides an opportunity for the SEC to reset on the broker-dealer standard of conduct and craft a rule that makes sense.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:47 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:

I expect to die in my home. Prefer home decreases in value as long as it is not reflecting a declining neighborhood.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:12 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
... Do I have any confidence that once Trump is presented with actual information instead of talking points, he'll weigh it, evaluate options and come to a "best-possible" decision? No, not much. ...
This is a year-old thread ... funny to to see my own post. So how did my personal prediction play out?

Worse than I thought. This presenting Trump with "actual information" to arrive at a best-possible decision ... well, I did not see in him the ability to methodically weigh and evaluate options BUT ...

I sure didn't expect him to start making-up-the-data.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-up-trade.html

Remember the furor over "alternate facts" eons ago? Now few raise an eyebrow when Sanders at yesterday's press conference comes up with winners like Trump didn't have to look at a specific figure because he just KNEW there is a deficit.

How far we have come in a year.

Regardless of the position one takes on trade (the best-possible decision, you know) ... what's wrong with using REAL data?

It's sort of the natural progression from the crowd-size thing many mentioned at the beginning of the thread last year.

And this is where I now disagree with OP ... it matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All these stupid controversies about crowd sizes, false media, his son Barron, his tax returns, etc...not worth my time. Folks should just drop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies