Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 10:09 AM

18,337 posts, read 26,393,318 times

Advertisements

It's kind of backfiring on Trump badly. Look at this: National Park Service launches unofficial Twitter account that Donald Trump can't touch - Palmer Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 10:09 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,083,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, he has already said he favors a national stop and frisk policy. His "alternative facts" stuff, that gives me some reason to believe a police state might come.
You'll be seeing that in Chicago soon! Oh the screams from the Left!

Old 01-25-2017, 10:29 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,390,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Whoever they are, hope they know they are committing a federal crime using that seal to unofficially tweet info. Max Penalty 5 years for each use and up to $250,000 fine.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:41 AM

77,003 posts, read 47,353,135 times
Quote:
It makes him look like a jerk. They are killing projects and programs, and they are refusing to tell the taxpayers even though the tax payers pay for these agencies.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Whoever they are, hope they know they are committing a federal crime using that seal to unofficially tweet info. Max Penalty 5 years for each use and up to $250,000 fine.
Well, who's going to prosecute anything for him when Trump is turning the entire civil service against him? And frankly some of what they are exposing may get Trump in trouble.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:48 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,256,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I can't remember this ever happening in US. This is straight from USSR playbook.

The Congress and Supreme Court needs to step in.

EPA is a branch of the executive.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Well, who's going to prosecute anything for him when Trump is turning the entire civil service against him? And frankly some of what they are exposing may get Trump in trouble.
I'm sure this will come as a shocker to some, but not all federal employees are democrats.

In any case, the director of the FBI is a republican as is the Attorney General. Quite sure if they want to prosecute these rogue employees(if they are even employees) they will be able to find a US Attorney sworn to uphold the law who will be more than willing to do it.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I'm sure this will come as a shocker to some, but not all federal employees are democrats.

In any case, the director of the FBI is a republican as is the Attorney General. Quite sure if they want to prosecute these rogue employees(if they are even employees) they will be able to find a US Attorney sworn to uphold the law who will be more than willing to do it.
They're going to be pretty busy if they have to personally investigate and prosecute every incident of this sort.

I'm no democrat and I've worked for the feds in the past so no shocker there. The thing is this isn't merely a partisan political issue, it's right vs wrong, and trump is in the wrong and stepping in it big time.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
They're going to be pretty busy if they have to personally investigate and prosecute every incident of this sort.

I'm no democrat and I've worked for the feds in the past so no shocker there. The thing is this isn't merely a partisan political issue, it's right vs wrong, and trump is in the wrong and stepping in it big time.
I don't think they will be that busy.

They will make some examples and people will settle down and do their jobs.

Not sure what you are saying is right or wrong.

For what its worth, some news sources are now reporting that the tweets that caused this were posted by a former employee who hacked into the twitter account. If that's true, and I'm not posting sources until it shakes out, then they were right to shut down the twitter account until they figured out how the account was compromised.

This rogue twitter feed if actually done by employees is unprofessional and as I said, they are behaving criminally in the process of using it.

They have other avenues at their disposal that are legal.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:16 AM

19,526 posts, read 22,407,589 times
Scientists targeted. Makes sense. Science searches for answers, using a method to develop facts.

Facts run contrary to alternative facts.

So shut down people who deal with facts.

Unprecedented. And quite unnerving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies