Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 02:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Since when do illegals like to follow the law.. they have ways to get around it. False ID.. I remember when Meg Whitman was fooled thinking she hired a legal immigrant and found out that the documentation was all false.
That was to find work.....not to vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 02:36 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
This will not turn out well for dems. Detroit is a small example. California will be a freaking mess.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:37 PM

189 posts, read 110,616 times
I think if this many people voted illegally, we should just do it again.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:38 PM

720 posts, read 500,385 times
Quote:
Does *SOME* voter fraud happen? Absolutely. Is there any evidence to suggest it happens on the scale that Trump is claiming? Not even close.
Eh. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think this matters as much as Trump's main point, which is non-citizens are voting in federal elections, and that is against the law.

It dovetails into three broader theories:

1) It doesn't take millions of votes to affect the outcome of an election, nor does it take a vast conspiracy for those votes to be included in totals. Trump won the Electoral College, but the actual vote totals were in the mere thousands. And given that CA grants illegal immigrants driver's licenses which can then be used to register to vote, it's completely possible that there are people who vote in our elections without being legally able to do so.

2) We've heard weeks of kvetching about Trump acknowledging Russia's role in hacking the DNC, and people speculating that they helped him win and that he's illegitimate because of it. But want to water down any innuendo that Democrats might benefit from illegal votes and that they're generally unconcerned about it.

3) For all the talk that Trump is xenophobic and racist because he wants to crack down on illegal immigration, this kind of thing is a healthy reminder that Democrats in general don't want to show any teeth on the issue because they don't want to risk losing votes.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Since when do illegals like to follow the law.. they have ways to get around it. False ID.. I remember when Meg Whitman was fooled thinking she hired a legal immigrant and found out that the documentation was all false.
If the Clinton's got 3 to 5 million illegals to vote ~ why didn't they ship some down to OH, PA and Michigan?

Someone in charge of the illegal voting machine was derelict in their duties.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:39 PM

189 posts, read 110,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
Eh. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think this matters as much as Trump's main point, which is non-citizens are voting in federal elections, and that is against the law.

1) It doesn't take millions of votes to affect the outcome of an election, nor does it take a vast conspiracy for those votes to be included in totals. Trump won the Electoral College, but the actual vote totals were in the mere thousands. And given that CA grants illegal immigrants driver's licenses which can then be used to register to vote, it's completely possible that there are people who vote in our elections without being legally able to do so.

2) We've heard weeks of kvetching about Trump acknowledging Russia's role in hacking the DNC, and people speculating that they helped him win and that he's illegitimate because of it. But want to water down any innuendo that Democrats might benefit from illegal votes and that they're generally unconcerned about it.

3) For all the talk that Trump is xenophobic and racist because he wants to crack down on illegal immigration, this kind of thing is a healthy reminder that Democrats in general don't want to show any teeth on the issue because they don't want to risk losing votes.
Someone please explain to me how non-citizens register to vote? I had to show proof of citizenship to register. Don't others have to do this?

Old 01-26-2017, 02:40 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Even the leftists claiming there is no vote fraud know it's not true. They just can't help but lie.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:06 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:

Of course it's against the law. Illegal things happen all day every day. THE point is: What is the return on investment for preventing any illegal activity?

Quote:

It would take millions of votes to change the outcome of a Presidential election, yes. Other elections, not so much.

There are no valid studies to even suggest 10s of thousands of illegal votes, let alone hundreds of thousands or millions...

Quote:

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. PLUS there is evidence of the Russian interference, as well as a HUGE consensus among our intelligence agencies.

Quote:
How much is it going to cost and what is a realistic # of illegal votes that it will prevent?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Illegal votes does not mean JUST illegal aliens. The thing that needs to be closely investigated is dead voters.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If the Clinton's got 3 to 5 million illegals to vote ~ why didn't they ship some down to OH, PA and Michigan?
Clever..good point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
Someone please explain to me how non-citizens register to vote? I had to show proof of citizenship to register. Don't others have to do this?
Once I had a difficult time voting when I moved across the street!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies