Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 06:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
It's the law Magritte.

If you want to change the law, then tell us why and how.

If not, then you are just spouting nonsense.

Now go away.
Nope. Not going anywhere. Don't like me? Use the handy dandy ignore feature.

Can you link to the policy you are referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:00 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Contrary to Trump’s Claims, Immigrants Are Less Likely to Commit Crimes

Old 01-27-2017, 07:03 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Anti-Trump for me is pro-America and pro-humanity!
We must not be thinking about the same man. He advocates torture and is restricting/banning Muslim immigration from seven countries as we speak.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:06 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Nope. Not going anywhere. Don't like me? Use the handy dandy ignore feature.

Can you link to the policy you are referring to?

Earth to Magritte....

It's not a policy, it's the LAW.

Here it is for you:

https://www.uscis.gov/laws

Don't you know Immigration is governed by written laws? You do know this?

Now on to that handy dandy ignore feature.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Earth to Magritte....

It's not a policy, it's the LAW.

Here it is for you:

https://www.uscis.gov/laws

Don't you know Immigration is governed by written laws? You do know this?

Now on to that handy dandy ignore feature.
That link doesn't support your statement.

You can ignore me as much you'd like but it doesn't mean you are right or understand backing up your statements with documented facts.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
We must not be thinking about the same man. He advocates torture and is restricting/banning Muslim immigration from seven countries as we speak.
Yes, that is exactly why being anti-Trump is being pro-humanity.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:13 AM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times
Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Contrary to Trump’s Claims, Immigrants Are Less Likely to Commit Crimes
A NYTimes article written by someone called RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑA pointing to a 10 year old study?

Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 AM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times
Quote:
I am upset because that wall is a waste of money. Mexican illegal immigration has been steadily declining for the past 8 years. Many have "self deported" because they have found jobs in Mexico. Mexican authorities routinely stop people at the border. Mexico isn't sending anyone here.

I have no problem with arresting and deporting criminal illegal aliens. That being said, there are numerous peaceful illegal aliens that also reside in those cities. I think we need to be careful and judicious in how we handle these people who do contribute to our economy.

I won't apologize for taking a more nuanced look at this situation. Its complex and deserves thoughtful deliberation.
If the wall is a wast of money, so be it. The government is wasting tons of money anyway, so if this even helps a bit it's going to be worth it.

Now to your other point, you can't have it both ways: most if not all sanctuary cities refuse to work with ICE, period. What I'm confused about is the issue with deporting criminal aliens. No, traffic violations don't count: they are violations. However, anyone entering the court system for whatever reason and is convicted did something wrong. PERIOD. You and I have never been arrested or convicted. Why should an illegal alien be protected? If he or she is here ILLEGAL they better be even more careful than you and I to not be in trouble. I just don't see the argument to shield anyone who committed a crime from deportation.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb The President will start building Mexico border wall TODAY

Trump likes to pass himself off as a really bright guy and a brilliant businessman.

Time for him to start acting like it.

While I fully support cutting off the flow of illegal labor into the USA, the wall is a very expensive and not so effective method to achieve it.

A MUCH cheaper and more effective approach is to strictly enforce regulations against the so-called "American" companies that employ these illegals. Hit those companies with crippling fines and jail their executives in the general prison populations for a few months apiece. Then illegals wouldn't be able to buy a job.

So, come on Trump.

Show us your business moxie.

Go for the less expensive and more effective approach. Don't burden the US taxpayers with a big monument to you, which is what that wall really is.

And why haven't other "business-savvy" Pubs realized this?

Old 01-27-2017, 09:37 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
That link doesn't support your statement.

You can ignore me as much you'd like but it doesn't mean you are right or understand backing up your statements with documented facts.

A link to the Laws of the Land does not support my statement regarding the Laws of the Land?

Wow... you are aware we have laws, no? Laws about killing people, discrimination, debts, traffic, and um...Immigration?

Do you know this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies