Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,460,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Nobody listens to this fruitcake.
He has a 60% approval rating.

Who's listening to you?

Old 01-26-2017, 09:05 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,082,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Jerry Brown has ruined California as have the politicians on the left who have been running it into the ground. When will people on the left in my home state of California wake up and realize that the reason why they cannot get ahead is due to these politicians? Not on the right but the left?

California keeps getting hit with new taxes and we wonder why people cannot afford to live here? My husband and I are blessed but my daughter and her family struggle and complain but favor the left. It makes no sense to me. I just shake my head. Smaller government people and it use to be the churches-charities helped people out. Now the tax payer who works hard to raise his own family must take care of everyone who comes here illegally..Why do people love California? Has a great welfare system but we pay for it. At some point, you have to say no more. Let the churches/charities help - build up the pantries etc.

My husband and I do give to many charities in California. We believe in helping people who need it but I prefer to help American citizens who are struggling like our VETS - Disabled - Homeless. We have a lot of people homeless who have LOST everything. They need to come first. All these countries need to help their own people don't you think?

California is and has driven the productive people from the state...Roughly half of us support the other half

In that other half there are a multitude of illegals dope users potheads lazy scammers and crooks

And the mentally ill and really needy get short changed

Moonbeam is wasting our money on liberal causes that will never be sustainable

Old 01-26-2017, 09:07 AM

25,837 posts, read 16,508,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
He has a 60% approval rating.

Who's listening to you?
60% of Californians read the National Enquirer and think it's real.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,819,899 times
Leave it to Moonbeam

Old 01-26-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
California is and has driven the productive people from the state...Roughly half of us support the other half

In that other half there are a multitude of illegals dope users potheads lazy scammers and crooks

And the mentally ill and really needy get short changed

Moonbeam is wasting our money on liberal causes that will never be sustainable
Haha California is the most upwardly mobile state where more people pull themselves out of poverty and into middle and upper class more than anywhere except the fracking states in the upper plains-but who the hell wants to live there?

The Geography of the American Dream - The Atlantic

The real problem you people have with CA is it's success.

You loathe that such a liberal state can be so prosperous-which shouldnt even be a surprise since most prosperous states are liberal.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:27 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,435,643 times
Quote:
Haha California is the most upwardly mobile state where more people pull themselves out of poverty and into middle and upper class more than anywhere except the fracking states in the upper plains-but who the hell wants to live there?

You loathe that such a liberal state can be so prosperous-which shouldnt even be a surprise since most prosperous states are liberal.
Seriously? California has the highest poverty rate , and you know this because I showed you evidence of it just yesterday .. but you are still in denial .

This is one big issue in CA , too many in denial of the truth and facts , part of the reason the state has gone so downhill.
I was born in CA and live here , id like to see it do better .
Prioritizing illegal aliens over legal citizens won't make it better .

Old 01-26-2017, 10:00 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,795,314 times
Quote:

You're not near as prosperous as you think you are you're also still avoiding the income inequality issue I notice.

You just have a disproportionate number of wealthy white people many of which are retirees. Are they willing to support all the poor illegal immigrants? If they like them so much they should take a few in.

How many illegal immigrants are living on Santa Monica Blvd? You obviously don't get around the state you live in very much. Immigrants are being pushed out of their own neighborhood due to gentrification they can't afford the cost of living. I've been to a couple of the hispanic neighborhoods of Los Angeles and saw it firsthand.

The people in California that support sanctuary cities and all of this other nonsense are either illegal immigrants or out of touch white people that have never even talked to an illegal immigrant.

Last but not least Jerry Brown is a complete wacko just pandering to illegals for votes. Same with the mayors of a few cities.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:06 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,289,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Defend the liberties of illegals . No thanks !

Trump is the one standing up for our people . You know American people .
I could care less about the desires of an illegal .

What are they opposing ? America First ? Wow !

New Sheriff in town and he is going to rip California Libs a new one
Governor "Moonbeam" is at it again. He has ruined the state. San Francisco is turning into a slum, and the whole state is still acting as though they are in a severe drought even though they have been getting drenched. They are sending all that water out to sea instead of irrigating the farmlands that they have allowed to dry up. Walnut trees have been dying for lack of water, and rich farmland has been turned into a wasteland.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:08 AM

LOL@the DENIAL.

I just posted PROOF that California is the most upwardly mobile state in the country-the fact that you are incapable of accepting that is hilarious.

According to the NY Times, the California university system is an 'Upward-Mobility Machine' and it's true as MILLIONS of families in California have been lifted out of poverty and into the ranks of the middle and upper class-because they received an education.

That you dont like that, is your problem

Old 01-26-2017, 10:22 AM

25,837 posts, read 16,508,482 times
Quote:
LOL@the DENIAL.

I just posted PROOF that California is the most upwardly mobile state in the country-the fact that you are incapable of accepting that is hilarious.

According to the NY Times, the California university system is an 'Upward-Mobility Machine' and it's true as MILLIONS of families in California have been lifted out of poverty and into the ranks of the middle and upper class-because they received an education.

That you dont like that, is your problem
I know if I moved to California I would be treated like a king.

Because I would be so much smarter than everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.