Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 12:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 12:53 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
To the not so dumb people, it must feel bad too see what kind of people are there standing in that side with you

Ignorant is an understatement for this people. There are no words to describe some type of utter ignorance and stupidity
Why don't you refute specific ideas instead of continually trying to discredit the human by shouting "ignorant" ad nauseum?

Old 01-25-2017, 01:04 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, no. I defend people's right to protest for any reason they choose. That doesn't take away my right to call them hypocrites.

I have no anti-woman bias. None at all. Did you not read where I applauded 156 million women?

That's like asking "when did you stop beating your wife"? Obviously, there is nothing I can say to rebut your silly statement.

BTW, when did you stop beating your wife?

Yes OP you do have a very clear anti women position you even decided to lay out it and number the various reasons you feel powerless and helpless when confronted by women who see straight through you.

Your post is blatantly attacking women who protest.

Nope you are simply hiding behind praise while you attack people for exercising their rights when they don't meet your arbitrary standard.

Poster after poster has exposed your post for the nonsense it is. Instead of learning you have just dug in your heels like a young child who continues to deny eating a pie while it is all over its face.

in short, weak sauce from a dude who is scared of women.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:12 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
As far as I am concerned, this is one of the best things to come from the protests. We'll see who gets it.
Attached Thumbnails
I'm proud of the 156 million women who didn't march-img_0286-2.png  

Old 01-25-2017, 01:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You missed the point of the OP entirely. It's not about trying to change anything or complaining about the mistreatment of men. It's all about the hypocrisy of the privileged women marching.
many women who marched were not privileged.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
You are completely not getting the point of the march. Women marched to have their voices be heard, the administration is not listening.

We have rights in America and we are very lucky. Women were marching to keep the rights we have. Women were marching for human rights. Women were marching for health care. Women were marching for LGBT equality. Women were marching for safety. Women were marching as a unified solidarity to tell the administration we will resist.

I will not sit quietly by while the new administration threatens to set us back 50 years. I will not be complacent. Part of what makes America beautiful is our ability to have differences of opinions. To belittle someone's actions because they don't align with what you think is right is incredibly narrow minded.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:39 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
You are completely not getting the point of the march. Women marched to have their voices be heard, the administration is not listening.

We have rights in America and we are very lucky. Women were marching to keep the rights we have. Women were marching for human rights. Women were marching for health care. Women were marching for LGBT equality. Women were marching for safety. Women were marching as a unified solidarity to tell the administration we will resist.

I will not sit quietly by while the new administration threatens to set us back 50 years. I will not be complacent. Part of what makes America beautiful is our ability to have differences of opinions. To belittle someone's actions because they don't align with what you think is right is incredibly narrow minded.
Which specific policy from the new administration would set us back 10 years let alone 50 years?

Old 01-25-2017, 01:46 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Which specific policy from the new administration would set us back 10 years let alone 50 years?
Nothing official yet. They are looking to defund planned parenthood.

Trump/Pence ran a conservative campaign and Pence is extraordinarily conservative. Trying to pass a law to force a woman to have a funeral if she has a miscarriage or an abortion is ridiculous.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:49 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Part of what makes America beautiful is our ability to have differences of opinions.
I think that aspect is just about dead, don't you?
Quote:
To belittle someone's actions because they don't align with what you think is right...
I kind of feel that's the fundamental motive, the defining characteristic of the digital age, particularly the past 10 years of it (and the rise of ubiquitous smartphones, Twitter / Facebook / Snapchat / Instagram / Reddit / Tumblr / Imgur, and omni-present connectedness).

Old 01-25-2017, 02:14 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Y Part of what makes America beautiful is our ability to have differences of opinions. To belittle someone's actions because they don't align with what you think is right is incredibly narrow minded.
Oh the IRONY!!
Pro life protesters were banned from the women's marches. A day before, a girl had had her HAIR SET ON FIRE for being a Trump supporter at a protest.

Try walking through any Anti-Trump protest with a red Trump hat and tell me again about this "beautiful thing" about being able to express differences of opinion in America and getting treated with civility.

People like you think that protesting is a beautiful expression of democracy in action and people exercising their rights but will say nothing of the people who are assaulted, threatened and called the most despicable of names for doing the EXACT SAME THING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies