Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 02:40 PM

772 posts, read 390,761 times

Advertisements

I agree!

Women don't possess a group mind.

The abortion activist who support an organization that destroys life and then profits from selling baby parts have a right under the constitutional right to march, but I am proud of my sisters who didn't join the p***y hats ( disgusting and degrading).

The privileged celebrities are trying to remain relevant. Madonna, Judd and those other worn out attention starved celebrity women don't represent me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 02:51 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What group of people at any time in history had it better than American women today?

None.
By the standards of today, what do women in say England not have that women in America have? And I really don't think a women have it better than men. In some areas, definitely, but that's true both ways and I personally feel some cross analysis by arbitrarily listing things is a waste of time. The modern citizen of the west has "it" better than anyone who has ever lived by virtue of access to technology and beneficial utilities.

I'm curious what your bigger point is.

In addition, the scale here is important. When we say "group" that can mean a lot. In many ways, the aristocrats of the early 20th century had it better than women as a group, which constitutes roughly 150 million people in the United States. Some of those women have almost nothing and miserable lives. Some are quite wealthy. Talking about the social status of 150 million as if it's somehow the same is bordering on insanity, quite frankly.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:55 PM

1,261 posts, read 951,258 times
I'm one of the women who did not march. This doesn't mean I don't support the rights of the women who did, or that i don't oppose Trump. I do on both counts. I'm choosing to focus my efforts on calling my elected officials and supporting organizations that are fighting against actions of the new administration that go against my morals and my base beliefs. Don't mistake having stayed home for being on Trump's side.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:56 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Those women who marches were vulgar, classless, nasty humans. They were an embarrassment to womanhood. No moral person saw video of those miscreants and thought "I sure hope my daughter grows up to be one of those". There are plenty of hookers who have more class than the **** protestors.

As was mentioned in another thread, a lot of those women were out there celebrating the many abortions they and their mothers and daughters have had. Again, no class whatsoever.
Yup. Can't believe some of the disgusting photos I've seen on facebook, etc from this march. Classless, vulgar, and just plain nasty. My wife was embarrassed for these women.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:06 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
in short, weak sauce from a dude who is scared of women.
In short, grow up and get back to us when you get out of 3rd grade.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
As far as I am concerned, this is one of the best things to come from the protests. We'll see who gets it.
Great poster. BBQ.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
many women who marched were not privileged.
I agree.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
You are completely not getting the point of the march. Women marched to have their voices be heard, the administration is not listening.
What rights has the administration taken away from you?

Quote:
We have rights in America and we are very lucky. Women were marching to keep the rights we have. Women were marching for human rights. Women were marching for health care. Women were marching for LGBT equality. Women were marching for safety. Women were marching as a unified solidarity to tell the administration we will resist.
We already have health care, safety and lots of laws protecting women. And if that is what the march was about, why did the pro-life group get banned?

Do pro-life women not have rights too? Shouldn't you march for their rights too? Don't they have human rights? So why ban them?

Old 01-25-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

I'm curious what your bigger point is.
The OP makes two points;

1. The march was all about abortion rights (which have not been taken away). Nothing else. Otherwise, they would not have kicked the pro-life group out.

2. Rich millionaires that have everything they could possibly want are complaining about their rights being taken away. That is insulting to every woman in the world who really does have real issues to complain about. If they had marched for the rights of women in Saudi Arabia and other countries where they are legally abused it would have been quite appropriate.

Marching for Madonna's rights is pathetic.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
I'm one of the women who did not march. This doesn't mean I don't support the rights of the women who did, or that i don't oppose Trump. I do on both counts. I'm choosing to focus my efforts on calling my elected officials and supporting organizations that are fighting against actions of the new administration that go against my morals and my base beliefs. Don't mistake having stayed home for being on Trump's side.
Good for you. I am quite aware that millions who stayed at home do not support Trump.

But the march was not about Trump. It was about abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies