Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 01:08 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
First he has a muslim brotherhood imam perform a muslim prayer for him 1st day in office, and now this.... Can he just make up his mind?
Did you just feel the need to add that - even though it's totally irrelevant?

I'm sure if if Trump would have turned down the Muslim from praying, he would get dinged for that as well.

There are people out there whom Trump will never be able to please. Sounds like you are one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 01:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did you just feel the need to add that - even though it's totally irrelevant?

I'm sure if if Trump would have turned down the Muslim from praying, he would get dinged for that as well.

There are people out there whom Trump will never be able to please. Sounds like you are one of them.
I thought it was worth noting that Trump wanted muslim and hindu prayers as opposed to the traditional Christian ceremony.

Maybe he is planning to "fix" religion too by mixing them all into one.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought it was worth noting that Trump wanted muslim and hindu prayers as opposed to the traditional Christian ceremony.

Maybe he is planning to "fix" religion too by mixing them all into one.
He went to church... he put his face on the Bible... others prayed... I am not reading anything into any of those activities.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:39 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Quote:
Is it an abstract dream that Egypt agrees that the MB is a terrorist organization as well?

Let's go through a bit of history.

Egypt had protests and regime change - who took over? The Muslim Bortherhood (for a short time)

Libya had protests and regime change - who is about to take over? The Muslim Brotherhood

Syria had protests and an attempted regime change. It has been noted that ISIS and Al-Q operatives are involved in removing Syria's leader - that's what Kerry leaked in those audio recordings. Who do you think would take over if Syria's government is overthrown?

Is it a stretch to believe that ISIS and Al-Q were part of the regime changes in Egypt and Libya? No.

They are all working together.

Yep.
Do you have any idea what has happened in Egypt during the last 10 years? In case you didn't know the MB was democratically elected by the people in a landslide after Mubarak fell. Sisi took his powers in the military to perform a violent coupe with a brutal crackdown on dissenters and labeled the MB as a terrorist group because they were resisting the coupe. Again...go back to my original post and read what I said...Sisi, the UAE, KSA do not like the MB because it presents a counter-narrative to their BS.

The MB does not work with ISIS or Al-Q...they view each other as apostates. Stop with the fantasy land 3rd grader analysis of the Middle East...

The Muslim Brotherhood, Terrorism and U.S. Policy | The Huffington Post

"For more than 30 years, Muslim Brotherhood affiliated movements and parties have been a force for democratization and stability in the Middle East. MB affiliated parties promoted and contested elections in Muslim majority countries as far flung as Morocco and Indonesia.

The United States’ official policy has been to encourage democratization and reform. For reasons of realpolitik and national interests, the United States maintains friendly relations with several autocratic regimes.

If the US designates the MB as an FTO, the signal sent to masses of Muslims is that the United States welcomes autocracy, but not democratization."

"The Muslim Brotherhood has long been a strong opponent of oppressive dictatorships and radical Muslim extremists. It led the historic opposition to the regime of Bashar al-Asad’s father in Syria and was the only organized opposition to Qaddafi in Libya. Today, groups associated with the Brotherhood provide support for the Saudi-US supported campaign against the Iranian-supported Houthi in the current conflict in Yemen, as well as opposing the branches of al-Qa’ida and IS/ISIS in that country. Legislation claiming to identify the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization would deny American policy makers access to an important resource in the war against IS/ISIS."

Old 01-25-2017, 02:48 PM

772 posts, read 390,761 times
CAIR and the muslim brotherhood are both terrorist groups. One operates on a covert level supporting their blatantly violent associates.

Huma Abedin's mother is a member of the female branch of the muslim brotherhood.

Thank GOD HRC didn't win the election!

Old 01-25-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Do you have any idea what has happened in Egypt during the last 10 years? In case you didn't know the MB was democratically elected by the people in a landslide after Mubarak fell. Sisi took his powers in the military to perform a violent coupe with a brutal crackdown on dissenters and labeled the MB as a terrorist group because they were resisting the coupe. Again...go back to my original post and read what I said...Sisi, the UAE, KSA do not like the MB because it presents a counter-narrative to their BS.

The MB does not work with ISIS or Al-Q...they view each other as apostates. Stop with the fantasy land 3rd grader analysis of the Middle East...

The Muslim Brotherhood, Terrorism and U.S. Policy | The Huffington Post

"For more than 30 years, Muslim Brotherhood affiliated movements and parties have been a force for democratization and stability in the Middle East. MB affiliated parties promoted and contested elections in Muslim majority countries as far flung as Morocco and Indonesia.

The United States’ official policy has been to encourage democratization and reform. For reasons of realpolitik and national interests, the United States maintains friendly relations with several autocratic regimes.

If the US designates the MB as an FTO, the signal sent to masses of Muslims is that the United States welcomes autocracy, but not democratization."

"The Muslim Brotherhood has long been a strong opponent of oppressive dictatorships and radical Muslim extremists. It led the historic opposition to the regime of Bashar al-Asad’s father in Syria and was the only organized opposition to Qaddafi in Libya. Today, groups associated with the Brotherhood provide support for the Saudi-US supported campaign against the Iranian-supported Houthi in the current conflict in Yemen, as well as opposing the branches of al-Qa’ida and IS/ISIS in that country. Legislation claiming to identify the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization would deny American policy makers access to an important resource in the war against IS/ISIS."
Then what happened in Egypt when they were put in power?

Sharia is the goal. The MB begin implementing it. The people of Egypt didn't like it, and the MB was thrown out.

Libya is about to go through the same thing.

I know you want to set the narrative of MB versus ISIS/Al-Q, but that ain't it.

The point is the rabble rousers played their role. The old regime was removed. The MB played their role, put on a good face, and was democratically elected. All groups played their part and the plan worked... until true Sharia reared its oppressive head and the people of Egypt put them out.

Egypt, Libya, Syria - same playbook. The U.S. aided them via Team Obama in all three cases. They tried to get them all done before Obama's term was up... couldn't do it.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Then what happened?

I know you want to set the narrative of MB versus ISIS/Al-Q, but that ain't it.

Sharia is the goal. The MB begin implementing it. The people of Egypt didn't like it, and the MB was thrown out.

Libya is about to go through the same thing.

The point is the rabble rousers played their role. The old regime was removed. The MB played their role, put on a good face, and was democratically elected. All groups played their part and the plan worked... until true Sharia reared its oppressive head and the people of Egypt put them out.

Egypt, Libya, Syria - same playbook. The U.S. aided them via Team Obama in all three cases. They tried to get them all done before Obama's term was up... couldn't do it.
The MB was toppled via a violent military coupe despite winning the election in a landslide. Plain and simple power grab by Sisi.

Ok and let's talk about Libya...in case you didn't know I'm a dual citizen with the country and have extensive family there. There are 3 primary factions and hundreds of smaller ones. The three primary ones are Fajr Libya, Haftar, and ISIS. Fajr Libya, the group closest to the MB, is the only group actively fighting ISIS.

And in case you didn't know said family is currently fighting ISIS in Sirte, even have people who died. ISIS in all reality is the fall-out of ex-Gaddafi and Saddam thugs, these guys were the type of Muslims who drank alcohol and saw prostitutes 15 years ago but now proclaim to be saviors of the religion because their Arab nationalism is no longer a valid rallying cry.

Sorry to be harsh but I get tired of Americans who've been fed the most insane claims on non-sense about the region and the people.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
CAIR and the muslim brotherhood are both terrorist groups. One operates on a covert level supporting their blatantly violent associates.

Huma Abedin's mother is a member of the female branch of the muslim brotherhood.

Proof that CAIR is a terrorist group? I want to see actual evidence that they carried out an act of terrorism. Not he said/she said....not "oh the cousin's, brother's, uncle's, ex-wife...."... actual evidence that *CAIR* as an organization carried out a terrorist attack.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:28 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post

Enemies have wormed their way deeply into our country. We have to support Trump so he can do what needs to be done.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
The MB was toppled via a violent military coupe despite winning the election in a landslide. Plain and simple power grab by Sisi.

Ok and let's talk about Libya...in case you didn't know I'm a dual citizen with the country and have extensive family there. There are 3 primary factions and hundreds of smaller ones. The three primary ones are Fajr Libya, Haftar, and ISIS. Fajr Libya, the group closest to the MB, is the only group actively fighting ISIS.

And in case you didn't know said family is currently fighting ISIS in Sirte, even have people who died. ISIS in all reality is the fall-out of ex-Gaddafi and Saddam thugs, these guys were the type of Muslims who drank alcohol and saw prostitutes 15 years ago but now proclaim to be saviors of the religion because their Arab nationalism is no longer a valid rallying cry.

Sorry to be harsh but I get tired of Americans who've been fed the most insane claims on non-sense about the region and the people.
Americans are not fed this info. I am just reading and paying attention, and still have a decent memory.

Question - since you have family there... do you know what was bombed there last week?

I hope your family stays safe - condolences for those who have died. They are probably focused with issues on the ground, but from my vantage point - the plan seems crystal clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies