Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:46 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Idiocracy and fascism has come to the USA in the form of an orange turd.

Now why would the administration want to gag the scientific community? Thankfully, people are fighting back against this corrupt and slimy swamp of reptiles and it's money driven agenda.
Isnt this directed at the EPA and USDA to stop communications with social media and press on policy related issues until they are vetted?
Not actually gagging all scientists or the scientific community. Sounds more like some biologists and administrators from talking about government policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 11:52 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Thee's no such thing as "science denying."

Science is meant to be questioned.
This ^^^^^ but science has become like a religion to some people.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:56 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Are you talking about the fascists left that are shutting down free speech, and are assaulting those that have different political views?

The complete irony of the left calling Trump a fascist.
Political discussions are clearer if you use the right terms and understand the political spectrum.

There is no such thing as " fascists left ". Fascism is an extreme RIGHT WING ideology. Extreme LEFT ideology would be Communism.

Carry on.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:00 PM

45,385 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Isnt this directed at the EPA and USDA to stop communications with social media and press on policy related issues until they are vetted?
Not actually gagging all scientists or the scientific community. Sounds more like some biologists and administrators from talking about government policy.
What's funny about all this is when I was teaching and there was an incident which attracted the press the only person permitted to speak to them was the Principal or school system spokesman. Had I answered a question from a reporter as just a teacher, and I knew a few of them, I would have been fired.

I was interviewed one time about a program I had designed and implemented and the spokesdrone was there. He tried to answer the questions until I asked him if he knew the square root of **** about the program. He spent the rest of the interview sitting quietly and behaving himself.

Teachers are fired all the time for posting work related matters on social media.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
This ^^^^^ but science has become like a religion to some people.
As it should be. Without science, you & I wouldn't be here. Electricity? Science. Medicine? Science. Agriculture? Science. Roads? Science. Technology? Science. And on & on. But go ahead & continue to spout that science is irrelevant.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:09 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I hear a lot of squealing sounds from frightened liberals...

Yeah, it seems to be getting more and more cacophonic as time goes on.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:18 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What's funny about all this is when I was teaching and there was an incident which attracted the press the only person permitted to speak to them was the Principal or school system spokesman. Had I answered a question from a reporter as just a teacher, and I knew a few of them, I would have been fired.

I was interviewed one time about a program I had designed and implemented and the spokesdrone was there. He tried to answer the questions until I asked him if he knew the square root of **** about the program. He spent the rest of the interview sitting quietly and behaving himself.

Teachers are fired all the time for posting work related matters on social media.
We do some subcontracting for EPA, and thus communicate with employees from field workers to program directors from matters from shipping samples to contract specifications. I'm assuming the gag order prevents any of these employees from speaking on any changes in current government policy they may have heard about.
I have to say the requirement to pull information concerning global warming/climate change from their websites is disturbing.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Political discussions are clearer if you use the right terms and understand the political spectrum.

There is no such thing as " fascists left ". Fascism is an extreme RIGHT WING ideology. Extreme LEFT ideology would be Communism.

Carry on.
Please, things are much more complex than that. By and large the left today has dropped government ownership of production for government control of production.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Thee's no such thing as "science denying."

Science is meant to be questioned.
Yes, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You're exactly right.

Quote:
  • No press releases will be going out to external audiences.
  • No social media will be going out. A Digital Strategist will be coming on board to oversee social media. Existing, individually controlled, social media accounts may become more centrally controlled.
  • No blog messages.
  • No new content can be placed on any website. Only do clean up where essential.
The Trump Administration is taking steps to ensure that all offices and agencies are on the same sheet of music.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:14 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
At this point. I couldn't be prouder of NPS. I'm glad an impromptu twitter page of the NPS came out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies