Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:48 PM

14,832 posts, read 11,975,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
hmmmm.. looks like voter fraud

"A senior White House adviser to Donald Trump is registered to vote in two different states, a practice that the US president wrongly claimed amounted to electoral fraud on Wednesday as he called for an inquiry."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7Kz&ocid=edgsp
If you read the article, you will note it said that Bannon voted in NY, and did not vote in Florida. The article also states it is not illegal to be registered to vote in two states, and if the main stream media and other left wing minions are using this as yet another weapon to lob at Trump and company, they might want to consider the number of other people who own residences in more than one state, and who also are registered to vote in those locations. I know a number of snowbirds who spend winters in Florida, the rest of the year in the northeast and midwest, and who admit to being registered to vote in both locations.

The fraud comes in when someone registered in more one location votes in more than one location, and unless states do a decent job of crosschecking to see if someone registering to vote is registered anywhere and notifies the old location to take this voter off its rolls, or there is crosschecking between states to see if a voter voted anywhere else, it'd be pretty easy for someone inclined to vote in each location if he/she were so inclined.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,479,588 times
Quote:

"A senior White House adviser to Donald Trump is registered to vote in two different states, a practice that the US president wrongly claimed amounted to electoral fraud on Wednesday as he called for an inquiry."

I have been registered to vote in two states, more than once. Happens when I move from one state to another.

Registering in one state does not magically cancel out the registration in the other state.

I also have a fairly common name and no doubt there are hundred if not thousands of registered voters with my name all over the US.

There's no national database of registered voters.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,599,436 times
Quote:

Yep, they are coming out of the wood work.

As many already knew the "fraud" does not exist in meaningful numbers and if Trump follows up and has an investigation he will either have to fire everyone, find liars willing to risk prison time or be publicly humiliated yet again.

No doubt by the end of the week he will be claiming , he was just trying to get people moving and get an answer on this, effectively walking back his lie and pretending he always knew but needed to get draw attention to it.

or some ducked up version where he gets to build a narrative in his fat head where he is a hero of the nation.

Honestly a freeze dried turd in a suit would be a better president, at least it would not lie to us and would do little harm , hell it might even smell better.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:06 PM

31,342 posts, read 14,102,077 times
Quote:

So what's your solution?
Let me guess, Trump should be impeached, right?

Old 01-25-2017, 07:16 PM

5,106 posts, read 4,874,110 times
I see that I'm not alone in being registered in two states.

I figured that when I moved from one state and registered in another, it would automatically cancel out my prior registration. WRONG! The next election cycle came around and I got an updated voter registration card sent to my old residence. When I sent an email to the election officials in that state (Maryland), I was told that I would need to send in a written letter explaining my move to another state. WTH?? I figured, "Hey, I sent them notice via email and got a reply from one of the election officials. Why do I need to jump through more hoops?". So, end result is that I'm registered in two states. And, NO, I did not, do not, and will not vote in both jurisdictions.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-25-2017 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-25-2017, 07:54 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,337,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What law makes it illegal to register in two states?

Get back to us when you have some facts.
Alternative facts......you can get those from Kelly Conway and Sean Spicer.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:04 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,139,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow more Fake News... I am registered in two states as well only problem is I moved! Nice try with your Fake News... try again anti-Trumpers...
That's the ****ing point!

Any person who has actually moved away from the bubble they were raised in and registers to vote may be registered in two or more locations. That does not equal voter fraud.

Are we denying Trump himself is using multi-state voter registration as proof of voter fraud now? I can't keep up with all the alternative facts and flip-flopping.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:30 PM

35,370 posts, read 20,743,230 times
Yep start with rep snowbirds in Fl and Arizona....

Old 01-25-2017, 09:37 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,337,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
So what's your solution?
Let me guess, Trump should be impeached, right?
Nah, not impeachment. Guess again.

>>>Crash and burn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies