Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 01:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I never said Obama owned a business. Not sure what your point is. Obama earned most of his money from book royalties and speaking fees........all traded off the fact he was president or running for president.

Trump is not required to liquidate his business and convert it into some other passive investment. He would be stupid to do so imo. Look at what happened to Jimmy Carter. He put his peanut farm into a blind trust which ended up mismanaged and when he left office he was over a million dollars in debt. Not something someone who is willing to serve the country should have to face imo.

I seriously doubt Trump's empire could even be liquidated in a 4 year term.

As for tax returns, I don't care. And even if I did, there's no point in seeing them and having the press pick them apart until his accountants and the IRS reach agreement on what the final tax return is.
Don't attempt to walk it back and that is exactly what you inferred when you posted a false equivalency. Support a swindler and fraud and make excuses for his lies and corruption if that does it for you but do not expect others to be as gullible and agree with and not give it to you straight.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:16 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Of course you don't have a problem with this b/c you're okay with Trump taking bribes. I just don't understand why you guys are fighting so hard when you could just end the discussion with that admission.

"I don't care about Trump taking bribes." How hard is that?

Right. A slush fund that she and her family get nothing out of, but some goodwill is done on the other side of the world is a bigger threat than someone legally giving Trump $200,000.

Why are you trying to sound absurd when you could sound honest by admitting you don't have a problem with Trump being bribed?

Don't put words in my mouth.

I don't believe he will be bribed.

As I said before people who can afford to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for club memberships are wealthy enough that they already know people who can get them access to Trump. No bribe needed.

I also think given his wealth, he is less in need of bribe money .........than say uhmm those other people with that foundation that I will just let remain nameless.

I don't believe he ran for the presidency to enrich himself. If you are starting out with the opposite viewpoint, well then clearly we will disagree.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
President Trump is not in charge of the Trump organization.

Thread fail
Don't kid yourself.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:18 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Don't attempt to walk it back and that is exactly what you inferred when you posted a false equivalency. Support a swindler and fraud and make excuses for his lies and corruption if that does it for you but do not expect others to be as gullible and agree with and not give it to you straight.
Produce the post where I inferred Obama had a business. I never did any such thing.

You are just wrong and now spouting gibberish to avoid admitting that.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Don't kid yourself.
They are not kidding themselves. They are allowing a known and proven fraud and con man to do that for them. Difficult to believe that they take this joker at his word.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:22 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So you're telling me that someone paying $200K directly into Trump's coffers isn't going to get first dibs at a meeting? Or if they're someone who represents a group of very wealthy people, who could all pay that "fee" they wouldn't get some extra love from the man up top?
LOL, you must have that confused with Hillary and donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:28 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So far there has been no physical proof of him legally separating himself from his business interests.
LOL, I imagine it would take him personally burning all those businesses down (and himself along with it), to satisfy people that hate him as much as you and your ilk.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, people that hate him as much as you and your ilk.
Is that like people of your ilk who hate Hillary Clinton as much as you do?

Old 01-26-2017, 02:42 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Did you purposely avoid the point of the thread? Or were you just not quick enough on the uptake to grasp it?

And I must say that the false equivalency comparison of the dire necessity for healthcare for people in need and a golf resort membership makes me go with the not quick enough on the uptake choice...
No, I merely rejected the original point out of hand owing to its sheer vapidity, then placed the whole matter in its proper context.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
No, I merely rejected the original point out of hand owing to its sheer vapidity, then placed the whole matter in its proper context.
The original point isn't vapid at all.

No one minds a businessman making a profit.

But people do mind politicians who craft public policy making a profit from the policy they craft.

While doubling the membership fee at a private club doesn't seem nefarious, the fact is that the private club in question acts as a private retreat for our current President, and access to that club could stretch to access to our current President. That raises ethical questions.

More than that, the fact that profit drives the Trump business organization, and Trump does stand by to profit personally when the Trump businesses profit, will Trump craft policy that enhances the profitability of the Trump businesses. That raises ethical questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies