Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2006, 07:13 PM

421 posts, read 347,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Like invading Iraq?
How many more have to die for Bush's "legacy"? And how much more money must be spent?
And where is Osama?
After 17 Un Resolutions I'm glad we followed up on it. Why do we have UN resolutions if we don't follow up on any? What kind of message does that sent to these terrorist?

I don't know how many more people have to die but I do know we had thousands die here on 911. The point I was trying to make was I believe if a democrat had been in power they would have continued to gutt the military and intelligence and continue to raise taxes. I believe Bush did what he thought was right. After the first WTC attack and the attack on the USS Cole our President at that time did absolutely nothing. He was offered Osama and refused to take him. The planning for 911 was done on the former Administrations watch. I believe they were busy planning on Clinton's watch because they knew their was a possibility of a Republican coming in and tighening up and they had to act fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2006, 08:16 PM

454 posts, read 905,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Hey I am on your side too!!! How are you in Washington? My family is in Oregon and lost some the roof and trees. Not to mention the power!!
Western washington was hammered. My company (the power company) had 700,000 out of 1,000,000 without power at the height of the storm. The destruction is massive. Been working storm duty since thursday night.

We have crews coming in from as far away as Kansas! But all in all we are doing well considering the circumstances.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuban View Post
With all do respect to the moderator that has definitely earned more points than I have ever seen so far. We are over taxed. There is nothing anybody can tell me other wise. There are plenty of programs that we can trash other than keep on taking from the American people. Lets start by taking some of these politicians first class rides away. Or stop these crazy programs that make no sense. We spend billions helping countries that in turn let us down when the fog gets thick. Your right things do have to change but not more taxes. As far as China is concern they need us as much as we need them. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever seen a President since WW2 that has gone through so much at one time? I know he is far from being perfect but we could be worst off.
First one off our dole- Israel. They have nukes, so why do they need our money to help defend themselves?

Dubya does have a lot on his plate, but honestly, so much of it is self-inflicted. I really don't think we could be much worse off. In fact, I think the worst is yet to come.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 PM

311 posts, read 618,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
Western washington was hammered. My company (the power company) had 700,000 out of 1,000,000 without power at the height of the storm. The destruction is massive. Been working storm duty since thursday night.

We have crews coming in from as far away as Kansas! But all in all we are doing well considering the circumstances.
Hi, dufferz, have been wondering how you were! Hope things improve out there....

Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
I get jumped all the time on here and it's usually by well educated empty heads but I don't let it bother me.
Should I feel attacked?

Put forth some good points, and we won't jump you. Blanket insults and non-stop talking points- well, then we gotta do what we gotta do

Old 12-17-2006, 08:48 PM

328 posts, read 239,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Should I feel attacked?

Put forth some good points, and we won't jump you. Blanket insults and non-stop talking points- well, then we gotta do what we gotta do
Personal insults of any kind are just not necessary or appreciated...we are all adults. I still believe that there is common ground somewhere...I'm pretty sure that we all want our country to thrive, be respected and yet retain our ability to defend ourselves. The avenues of achieving those things are the heart of the debate, in my opinion.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
Personal insults of any kind are just not necessary or appreciated...we are all adults. I still believe that there is common ground somewhere...I'm pretty sure that we all want our country to thrive, be respected and yet retain our ability to defend ourselves. The avenues of achieving those things are the heart of the debate, in my opinion.
No, insults are never cool, but this is a political forum, and you have to expect that it will get somewhat salty at times.

I think we all have the tendency to overly identify with our political viewpoints on this board, and thus overly identify other posters with their political viewpoints. My left-leaning viewpoints are actually a very small part of who I am, even though I'm pretty passionate about them. That's why I try to consciously visit other parts of this forum- so that I can see posters as people with whom I have some things in common.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Should I feel attacked?

No I didn't say you were ever personally attacked me. I said well educated empty headed people. Do you fit that bill?

Old 12-17-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
No, insults are never cool, but this is a political forum, and you have to expect that it will get somewhat salty at times.

I think we all have the tendency to overly identify with our political viewpoints on this board, and thus overly identify other posters with their political viewpoints. My left-leaning viewpoints are actually a very small part of who I am, even though I'm pretty passionate about them. That's why I try to consciously visit other parts of this forum- so that I can see posters as people with whom I have some things in common.

Yeah me too! I'm actually a regular person too.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:01 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
No I didn't say you were ever personally attacked me. I said well educated empty headed people. Do you fit that bill?
I can't speak for all well educated people, but I will say that no one gets to a masters level without being pretty darn curious, analytical, and asking "Why" a lot. This doesn't lend itself to an empty head.

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I can assure you mb919 does NOT have a empty head. As to his/her level of education, I haven't a clue, nor does it matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies