Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2006, 09:02 PM

328 posts, read 239,807 times

Advertisements

Rats...I'm not a regular person...I'm ridiculously silly, but I'm not afraid to show it...lucky for you all! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2006, 09:04 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
First one off our dole- Israel. They have nukes, so why do they need our money to help defend themselves?

Dubya does have a lot on his plate, but honestly, so much of it is self-inflicted. I really don't think we could be much worse off. In fact, I think the worst is yet to come.
I agree with you here, and am wondering just what worst things are yet to come.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:07 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
No I didn't say you were ever personally attacked me. I said well educated empty headed people. Do you fit that bill?
I know. I'm trying to keep it light.

And sometimes, yeah, I DO fit that bill. Hey, I can admit it.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:20 PM

421 posts, read 347,810 times
Quote:

Don't be so hard on yourself

Old 12-17-2006, 09:22 PM

421 posts, read 347,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
Personal insults of any kind are just not necessary or appreciated...we are all adults. I still believe that there is common ground somewhere...I'm pretty sure that we all want our country to thrive, be respected and yet retain our ability to defend ourselves. The avenues of achieving those things are the heart of the debate, in my opinion.

I have found some common ground with most on here and I've always acknowledged it

Some extreme liberals too

Old 12-17-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:

Ok, but I still want to know about your thoughts on worst things to come.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:28 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Ok, but I still want to know about your thoughts on worst things to come.
I'll get back to this point tomorrow. My sleepy brain has had enough for one day.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:52 PM

328 posts, read 239,807 times
Quote:
I'll get back to this point tomorrow. My sleepy brain has had enough for one day.
I'm interested also...looking forward to your thoughts.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:37 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,389,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I can't speak for all well educated people, but I will say that no one gets to a masters level without being pretty darn curious, analytical, and asking "Why" a lot. This doesn't lend itself to an empty head.

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I can assure you mb919 does NOT have a empty head. As to his/her level of education, I haven't a clue, nor does it matter.
She wasn't referring to mb919. She was referring to me. Back before she was banned when she was known as a1m1700, she had a habit of going overboard in insulting those posters who disagreed with her, and then in one of my few forays into a political thread, she decided to do the same to me, so I reciprocated in turn and called her out on her inconsistency in how she was able to dish it out to others but not take it. Since she re-registered under her current name however, she hasn't been nearly as abrasive and antagonistic as she once was and has kept the personal insults to a minimum thankfully.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
She wasn't referring to mb919. She was referring to me. Back before she was banned when she was known as a1m1700, she had a habit of going overboard in insulting those posters who disagreed with her, and then in one of my few forays into a political thread, she decided to do the same to me, so I reciprocated in turn and called her out on her inconsistency in how she was able to dish it out to others but not take it. Since she re-registered under her current name however, she hasn't been nearly as abrasive and antagonistic as she once was and has kept the personal insults to a minimum thankfully.
Ok, now I am THOROUGHLY confused.

Wait a minute, have you posted in this thread or did I miss something?

Last edited by movin'on; 12-18-2006 at 01:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies