Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 08:36 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think there SHOULD BE war crimes in battlefield. Better?

Yeah, the international community disagrees with me. so what?

That is your opinion, are you agreeing with torture and crimes in the battlefield. Lieutenant Calley should have received a pass?

Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 PM

296 posts, read 232,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
That's not what he said. The full ABC interview is coming on in a few minutes. I would suggest watching it, but knowing ABC, it's probably edited to look like something it isn't.

Of course it is! The left are working 24/7 to destroy the new president and to make him look like a monster.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:41 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is your opinion, are you agreeing with torture and crimes in the battlefield. Lieutenant Calley should have received a pass?
go away

Old 01-25-2017, 08:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Trump wants to bring back torture

Well, that explains his choice of Press Secretary!

Old 01-25-2017, 08:42 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
It's not torture when you call it enhanced interrogation .
Lol...Just like lies are alternative truths...

Old 01-25-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
General Mattis said it perfectly: "Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers, and I'll do better than I can with torture" ... and he's right.

I know being a tough guy sounds cool, but in the end the thinker always wins. That's why I like Mattis, he knows how to think. He knows when to be a macho man, and when you need a softer approach.

I think Trump went with Mattis only because he saw the nickname "Mad Dog" and thought he would be a brainless Patton-esque lunatic.
well, glad you brought him up.

General Mattis had a way with combat-centric oneliners that motivated Marines. For his complete lack of political correctness and common sense approaches in his personal and leadership philosophy, he was loved by many who served under him.

He is well loved because he would NOT send his fellow service members to unnecessary wars in the FIRST PLACE.

During a war, he would think of a strategy before acting like uncontrollable trigger happy lunatics.

That is the reason why he was/is loved.

Person 1: Torture is okay, but I won't send the troops to unnecessary war

Person 2: Torture is not okay, but I will send the troops to all the wars I can send them to

I would choose person 1 anyday. Lesser of two evils.

Don't start any unnecessary war is the answer; NOT punishing the so called war crimes when people just want to survive.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Minding our own business.
Yeah, ok.

Like these groups didn't exist way before "we" got involved.

Does minding our own business equal not sending millions of dollars to "help" other countries in every way/shape/ form?

If so, I'm good with that.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:49 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire1 View Post
Of course it is! The left are working 24/7 to destroy the new president and to make him look like a monster.
He's doing pretty well on his own but until this is confirmed I will give him a bye. Mattis, Kelly and Pompeo disagree with torture besides, why woul you admit to covert torture sites.

Spice indicated this didn't come from the White House but seems everyone else had the story, would have been nice for him to offer a bit more.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He's doing pretty well on his own but until this is confirmed I will give him a bye. Mattis, Kelly and Pompeo disagree with torture besides, why woul you admit to covert torture sites.

Spice indicated this didn't come from the White House but seems everyone else had the story, would have been nice for him to offer a bit more.
well, Mattis, Kelly, and Pompeo would perhaps convince Trump to change his mind about "torture" then. Can people have different opinion?

Plus, When applied by a skilled and experienced team of torturers- yes, it does work! But it will never be used in modern warfare, so why even talking about it.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:55 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
President Trump Stands by Campaign Promise to Bring Back Torture Video - ABC News

Another maniacal tendency. Everyone decided it doesn't work, except him because he's smarter than generals after all:
"it absolutely works"

I wonder who's willing to go to prison for him for war crimes when it's all said and done
Just send in the parents of teenagers to interrogate the "detained" terrorists.

We'll get it all out of them & then some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies