Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:54 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Quite honestly, I don't give a crap what freaky **** people are into as long as its all consensual. I have enough problems with Trump without worrying about his sexual peccadilloes or those of his detractors.
Geez! I'm always amazed that so many anti-Trumps allow him to live in their heads---and rent free to boot! Trump, no doubt, is having a good laugh about this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:12 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
As a conservative woman, Bill Maher is one liberal I think I can like and respect.

He is generally consistent about his ideology. He stands very strongly for people being able to speak their minds, even if they are extremely disagreeable. He defended Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck on occasions when others, mainly from the left, argued that their TV shows ought to be shutdown for what they've said.

Also, as a Christian girl, I happen to agree with him a lot about religion. His criticism of Christians and Muslims are very entertaining. He is not the there should be a double standard when it comes to religion type of guy. You have to respect this kind of fairness and honesty.

He and Howard Stern, both sound like womanizers. Although I don't know either one of them personally, judging solely by what I have seen, they seem like good men who respect women. President Trump, I think he is
a little bit different.

I don't think Maher is a hypocrite. He doesn't like Trump and he has said very bad things about him in very poor taste. But I normally don't care about celebrity feuds.

Having said that, I grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood. I have said this many times in this forum, the liberals are compassionate TO ME (to me being the keywords) is such a myth. I have heard a lot of cringe worthy crap they said about veterans, minorities, women, etc. Not all of them are the same, but some of them can hide their racism, sexism, etc. pretty well.

Years ago, my friend introduced me to a guy who is an extreme liberal dude. He appears on liberal news network on TV quite often as a financial analyst guy. He is very rich and he is truly just a very narcissistic man.

I remember the first time we dated, he asked me what is my type of man. I answered honestly. "A white military muscle man - like a force Marine recon or an infantry guy" Being completely honest, he was not my type physically because he just didn't look so athletic. Of course I didn't tell him that because I didn't think it was necessary to comment on somebody's looks. The next day he called me and told me this, no lies "Hey, I will be in *** bar in Beverly Hills tonight with couple of friends, get couple of your girlfriends and let's have some fun." I told him I wasn't interested because I had a lot of work to do that night. Plus, I was looking for a more serious relationship. I have been very polite the whole time. He said, "You think I can take you seriously? You are just not sophisticated enough for me. I am just physically attracted to you, that is all. Plus, you will never fit in, it looks like you are only interested in white trash."

Honestly, I have never been disrespected like that by a man. I have always dated Marines, beautiful Marines. They all treated me with 100% respect. They let me be me. I always felt great about myself when I was/am around them..

Couple of years later, I saw this guy in one of the fundraising event; I guess he was helping his friend who was interested in being a local politician. He was talking about equality, minority right, respecting women.. etc. I was like, WOW, pretty amazing. You can never judge a book by its cover.

I like Maher, I think he is an honest guy.
Not a conservative but can't stand Bill Maher. So full of himself and judgmental about everything in the universe. But people (including Jenna Jameson) ignore one thing: he isn't the president of the US, nor running for the position. Donald Trump is.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:00 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
I found the whole thing funny when all the phony, sanctimonious men out their tried to criticize Trump for his comments. Every man on this planet has had similar thoughts and discussions with their friends...

If any man tries to claim otherwise, they are a liar, plain and simple.

Signed, A Man

Old 01-27-2017, 04:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Was what Trump did not consensual?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps you'd be better off asking his first wife who at one time accused him of rape?
Or the woman who accused Trump of raping her when she was 13. She dropped the case in November due to death threats.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Got a journalist friend who covers "The Industry" out in SoCal. States Bill Mahar is the dog of dogs when it comes to hitting on women, often rather aggressively and without concern for any boyfriends who may be standing right there.

There it is. Still, he can be a pretty funny guy.
He's an *******. I'm not surprised.

I'll file this information away for when he runs for president.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Trump didn't say anything like that while President. He said it when he was a regular citizen...just like Maher.

The point is the hypocrisy of the left. Not surprising that the left either defends it or it sails right over their heads.

Then why do you care what Trump said or did when he was a regular citizen just like Maher?

Yep. See the 2 posts directly above mine for proof.

IF AND WHEN Maher runs for president, I wouldn't care as long as this was all consensual.

I do care what Trump did and was accused of because it wasn't consensual.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
While conservatives continue to seem incapable of understanding the differences between sex, adultery, and abuse.
OMG Yes.

Thank you!!!

I'm FAR from a sexual prude but my goodness, yes there are differences between consensual sex (no matter how weird it gets), adultery and sexual abuse.

It amazes me how all of the sudden our Dear Leader can do no wrong in the eyes of his loyal followers. But then you had Obama, who never cheated on his wife, led a scandal free presidency IRT his family, and was really a very good role model for traditional family values. And look how he was treated. That's why I scoff when they start pounded those Bibles and crying about the loss of values in this country. Its a farce.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Ah, if we could only judge every progressive by their own standards, you know... getting private recordings of them and all like they use to attack others.

How well would you fair if you were privately recorded at all times and didn't know it?
If I were recorded when I lost my temper, that would look pretty bad. I yell a lot when I lose my temper. Then I go off in a sulk.

The only other behavior I would probably be embarrassed about would be if I were drunk and that is just because I act really goofy and tell my husband how much I love him --- like 50 times in a row.

What you would not see is me bragging about violating the bodily rights of others, bragging about how I take advantage of others, or forcing myself on someone who is giving off tons of signs that he/she wants to be left alone.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Geez! I'm always amazed that so many anti-Trumps allow him to live in their heads---and rent free to boot! Trump, no doubt, is having a good laugh about this
I won't apologize for reading the news every day.

Thank you for letting me live in your head (RENT FREE) long enough to write this ridiculous empty response. I cleared out the cobwebs while I was there, FYI.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I found the whole thing funny when all the phony, sanctimonious men out their tried to criticize Trump for his comments. Every man on this planet has had similar thoughts and discussions with their friends...

If any man tries to claim otherwise, they are a liar, plain and simple.

Signed, A Man

You sound like an alcoholic who insists everyone else drinks as much as he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies