Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 02:06 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,836,727 times

Advertisements

Crime rates in Chicago are spiking, hundreds of people shot and killed every year in the city, mostly black, a police force under siege, but "remaining a sanctuary city" and fighting Trump on illegal immigration is at the top of Rahm's priority list....

If Emanuel cared half as much about the black population under his jurisdiction who are being murdered on a daily basis, can't even walk to school safely, and go to bed hungry, as much as he cared about the plight of the illegal alien, then maybe something would be getting done.

Why do black voters still so monolithically give their vote to Democrats like this who obviously don't care about them after election day? I am genuinely asking black voters here, what am I missing? Doesn't this tick you off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 02:41 AM

1,544 posts, read 917,289 times
Default Not this again...

Why do some whites here make threads about what Black people do, how we vote, and who we vote for with their fake concern?

Go talk to an actual Black person instead of creating another useless thread. The most you're going to get from us here are side eyes and snarky remarks.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:47 AM

36,858 posts, read 17,216,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Why do some whites here make threads about what Black people do, how we vote, and who we vote for with their fake concern?

Go talk to an actual Black person instead of creating another useless thread. The most you're going to get from us here are side eyes and snarky remarks.
You're Black. You live in a crime-infested location. And the mayor is a Dem who talks about illegal immigration all the time.

Do you vote Dem? Did you vote for the current mayor? Regardless if you did or not do you wish the mayor addressed crime-related issues more than illegal immigration?

You're actually the perfect person to ask. And this is a discussion forum sooooo...

Old 01-26-2017, 03:21 AM

4,648 posts, read 4,079,564 times
Because Democrats promise free stuff, and some kind of chimerical political solution to problems that they are only causing themselves. It is nice to have a bogeyman rather than a mirror, and Democrats always offer them the former, in the shape of Republicans.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:54 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,836,727 times
Quote:
Because I'm genuinely curious and it's called trying to get a better understanding of people. I'm not judging, I'm trying to understand the thinking behind it. If you don't think that's valid, I don't know what to tell ya.

I just don't get why you keep voting for a party who doesn't give a crap about you after they get your vote, doesn't care that you're being murdered en mass, doesn't care that there are no jobs for you, doesn't care that your schools are inferior and underfunded, but are willing to spend millions of tax payer dollars in some cases by setting up defense funds to defend people here illegally in court....

LA Sets Up Defense Fund For Illegal Immigrants

Doesn't this tick you off? It would tick me off and it does tick me off. That's why I don't vote for Democrats. I'm trying to understand why you still do.
Quote:
Go talk to an actual Black person
Aren't you an actual black person?

Old 01-26-2017, 04:35 AM

1,478 posts, read 781,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Because Democrats promise free stuff...
Yes, and in a sense that is a rational reason to vote for Democrats over Republicans who are fiscally conservative other than on military spending.

The problem is the balancing of the weighted scale. The Republicans as well as the Nation of Islam promote social mores and work ethics that if assimilated throughout the inner-cities of black Chicago would result in rightward economic shift for those black communities. The rightward shift on economic graphs being movements towards greater economic efficiency. That is correlated with increased employment rates as well. The more economically efficient the greater the employment rate and conversely the lower the unemployment rate.

In the balance of the weighted scale the Democratic leadership essentially offers what amounts to trinkets, as far as I'm concerned, for Black-Americans. The Hillary side of Democrats anyways. As that party is divided as is the Republican Party. The Bernie Democrats much more radically challenge the distribution of wealth and pursue greater democratization of power rather than consolidating it in the hands of an elite few.

The current Mayor of Chicago already knows blacks there will vote for him or any Democrat.

This successful Chinese businessman at about the 3:40 minute mark of the video says pretty much the same thing I have been saying for years. Which indicates when white collar Democrats claim the opposite of me they are inferior to me as a leader and person with vision. But lots of the most inferior rise to power in the United States. I'm stating that as in the sense if a person rapes women but claims not to be a rapist they are a rapist irrespective of what they say. Likewise, when a person claims to be so smart, but really is dumb, then they are dumb irrespective of what they claim.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lpgYym4L4Cw
Jack Ma on Donald Trump, "I like Him. US should spend money on building America, not wars."

His comments in the video about pointing fingers, about in essence the 3 fingers pointing back at the person on their own hand. That can be applied down to a more micro level in the United States to Black-Americans. It's Black-Americans and their Black-American leaders own fault. As he says in the video: You are supposed to take care of your own people first.

It's not limited to ethnic Black-Americans either. Take two former British colonies in Africa. Nigeria and Botswana. Nearly night and day in contrast. Botswana is orderly and well run with I believe a very low violent crime rate (safer than living in most black Chicago). But Nigeria is corrupt and dangerous. Nigeria has lots of money produced from oil resources but the black government is so corrupt their oil resources don't benefit most Nigerians.

Chicago has incredible wealth too. But where is all the money going? Well... some city governments stash away in case they need it for emergency. Reasonable, but only to an extent. The Bible was no economic text book but even Jesus gives a parable about 3 servants and the master giving all 3 money. The servant that lacked faith entirely hid the money given to him to give back the same amount when the master returned. The other 2 servants invested the money given to them in such away they increased their wealth and had more to give back to their master. Hiding all that money in Chicago when it could be reinvested to actually increase the economic efficiency of Chicago, that is resulting in employment for unemployed black men and increasing their wealth (which results in them spending more money--the circular flow of the economy), resulting in improving the material lives of their children, is more akin to the conduct of the servant that buried the money his master gave him.

But Black-Americans did this to themselves. Like the Nigerians are at fault for their own country.

But Trump might be moved by compassion and purposefully do--specifically for Black-Americans--more in 4 years for them than what all of their black leaders and all Democrats did for them combined over the last 30 years. Or he may not be moved by compassion. In the end it is Black-Americans own fault. Their leader John Lewis is more concerned with spending trillions on conflict with Russians than on spending billions improving the lot of the black people he's supposed to represent in Government.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:14 AM

15,072 posts, read 6,102,037 times
People of African origin are not a monolith. Too many of you have difficulty grasping that. Approximately 20 percent of "black" people have recent ties to other countries.

Do you realize there are black immigrants, some of whom are illegal?

Personally, Chicago has nothing to do with me. Most of us recent people of African origin live on the East Coast. My ties are in the DC area, NYC and Central/South Florida.

I currently live in a U.S territory. Here, illegal immigration is an issue for people who have origins similar to mine.

Illegal and "black" do not necessarily refer to different groups. You don't know why a particularly person votes the way they do just by looking at them.

And I happen to lean Libertarian...

Old 01-26-2017, 06:31 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,889,666 times
Maybe because the republicans are constantly trying to surpress the black vote, eliminate civil rights protections, erode the social safety net AND oppose living wages? Maybe it's because the GOP Southern strategy is overly races in demonizes blacks? Maybe it's because the only time I ever hear Republicans mention black people it's about crime or welfare? Maybe it's because the Republicans are the party associated with states rights and states rights, historically, have a largely centered on the right to oppress.

Black people are smart enough to vote their own interest. We know the Democrats are not our saviors, but they are clearly, and unequivocally the lesser of two evils.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:51 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,266,844 times
Quote:

The media and the democratic party lead b people to believe there is such thing as a monolithic black community. The media and the democrats play the game of race identity politics and sadly it works at some level, but it creates division. The French do not play that game and call people people with no adjectives.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:54 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,266,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

Black people are smart enough to vote their own interest. We know the Democrats are not our saviors, but they are clearly, and unequivocally the lesser of two evils.
The inner cities remain the same despite Obama, democrat mayors, congressmen, school boards, etc. Something is not working! That the democrats say nice things to get their vote is not enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies