Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 12:48 AM

983 posts, read 738,873 times

Advertisements

Like so many other women that have managed to gain lots of power/money/influence of course one of their largest platforms is being a feminist and helping other women. But honestly, do you honestly think she truly cares one iota for those of us peasant women? She laughs at Madeleine Albright bright saying there's a special place in hell for us that don't help other women, or more accurately, women that don't subscribe to what they want.

Obviously she cares about other women that are in her rank/league, but surely you can see that those of us that aren't fortunate enough to be part of her cool girls club doesn't matter outside of giving her votes and any other support we give her.

I realize there are those that will point out the "good" things she has done and supported, but then again, MANY of the worst dictators and tyrants in history have supported what, even today would be viewed as good things. Hitler was very much against smoking and for animal rights for instance.

Many will bash Trump for someway, somehow, hurting women. But beyond the fact that even as President, he does not have dictatorial powers, he won't be taking away women's right to vote, to own their own property, etc. etc. Yes, I realize in other parts of the world things for women are not great - even horrible, but if you live in the western world and are very hard working, intelligent, knowledgeable, competent etc. etc. nothing will or ever will stop you as a woman from doing what you want or getting a good paying job.

But it really amazes me how many women think Hillary honestly cares about us common women. She is a liar, can't handle criticism, a deceitful person, and puts herself as #1. Let me put it this way: Were she an all powerful queen in the middle ages and you dared to tell her you think she sucks, she wouldn't think twice about putting you on the chopping block.

You can say what you will about Trump, but I'd rather have him than some megalomaniac extremely narcissistic woman that acts like she honestly gives a **** about how us peasant women are doing while at the same time she couldn't care less.

And before you chime in with "But MEN have always kept us down!!!", well, they aren't now, especially with men of my generation and certainly not for my daughter's. And to be clear, I don't have an issue with having a female President, but it would be great for me, and especially my daughter to have a woman President that was at least somewhat decent and managed to get where she was due to genuine hard work, not because she happened to be married to a poor POS adulterer that liberals love so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 01:01 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
They have no idea. Just like the blacks are in better condition under Obama, women's lives won't improve because of Clinton.

I feel sorry for those who voted for her BECAUSE she is female. that is another form of sexist.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:06 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Hillary? We have moved on.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:59 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
I would love to have witnessed a woman president of the US in my lifetime but not Hilary.. no way.. she gives out the wrong messages..

Old 01-26-2017, 12:43 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
I just saw that Madeleine Albright wants to "register as a Muslim."

Now, I don't know what the heck that means, but I sure hope she goes full burka.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
A crap-ton more than Trump, yes.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Nope. I held my nose for that vote. I was for Bernie, and if the Republicans had given me a reasonable alternative I would have crossed the aisle.

Can't stand Hillary. Despised her since the nineties when she whiffed it on healthcare right when the republicans were ready to agree to Medicare for everybody. She got involved with the big insurance companies and that opportunity was gone because the healthcare bill that was actually presented was such a joke it made the ACA look
Like the most brilliant piece of legislation ever written.

But I voted for her anyway because a guy with NPD is too easy to manipulate with praise or criticism, and that's dangerous in a POTUS. Narcissistic personality disorder Symptoms - Mayo Clinic

Old 01-26-2017, 01:07 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
I didn't even look into what Hillary believed in or stood for, because Trump was too dangerous an alternative. It honestly didn't matter to me, because the threat of nuclear war with Trump in power is so much higher. That "trumped" every other concern, period. I truly hope I won't be proven right, but nothing that has happened in the past few days has done anything to reassure me. To the contrary, I'm even more alarmed.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
I don't vote for people because I think they personally care about me as an individual but rather because I think their platform represents what is best for this nation as a whole and because I believe they are qualified to carry out the duties of offices they seek to fill.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:12 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't vote for people because I think they personally care about me as an individual but rather because I think their platform represents what is best for this nation as a whole and because I believe they are qualified to carry out the duties of offices they seek to fill.
I do that too, but unfortunately most people voted from a "what is in it for ME" perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies