Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 09:16 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,907,997 times

Advertisements

What if we told Saudi Arabia that we will cut our oil purchases unless they take Syria's Sunni refugees? Then we tell Iran that we will end the Kerry/Obama treaty unless they take Syria's Shia refugees. Then, we take the Christian refugees but we only vet for taking Syria's Christian refugees if the heads of their church identify them and then we vet them. Perhaps Franklin Graham could help with that if he knows the heads of the Christian churches. The heads of their Christian churches must come with them. The Kurd refugees would go to Iraq.

We get only 11% of our oil from Saudi Arabia. Would they feel it if we got that 11% from someplace else? In other words would they miss us enough to make the deal? Can we make up that 11% ourselves in the US? Could we get that 11% from Mexico and Canada instead?

Unrelated to refugees, when are we going to build new refineries?

Tell me why it wouldn't work or could work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 09:19 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times
Oil is a commodity product and trying to tell Saudi Arabia we'd stop our purchases would mean nothing to them.

I have a much better plan. We stop bombing Syria and take none of their refugees.

BTW, we shouldn't buy any ME oil.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:21 AM

25,792 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Oil is a commodity product and trying to tell Saudi Arabia we'd stop our purchases would mean nothing to them.

I have a much better plan. We stop bombing Syria and take none of their refugees.

I like your plan!

Old 01-26-2017, 09:23 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What if we told Saudi Arabia that we will cut our oil purchases unless they take Syria's Sunni refugees? Then we tell Iran that we will end the Kerry/Obama treaty unless they take Syria's Shia refugees. Then, we take the Christian refugees but we only vet for taking Syria's Christian refugees if the heads of their church identify them and then we vet them. Perhaps Franklin Graham could help with that if he knows the heads of the Christian churches. The heads of their Christian churches must come with them. The Kurd refugees would go to Iraq.

We get only 11% of our oil from Saudi Arabia. Would they feel it if we got that 11% from someplace else? In other words would they miss us enough to make the deal? Can we make up that 11% ourselves in the US? Could we get that 11% from Mexico and Canada instead?

Maybe because Saudi Arabia appears to be sacrosanct? Despite their history of funding radical Islamic schools teaching hatred of the west, being the practitioners of one of the most radical forms of Islam, as well as spawning known terrorists, they're conspicuously absent from the list of Islamic countries having their immigration to the US curtailed.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:40 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,014,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

I actually agree with you here. The Saudis and Gulf states should take a bigger share of the refugee population however to be fair they gave all Syrians currently in the KSA extended visa stays.

26,000 bombs America dropped last year...that's an incredible statistic.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:42 PM

37,769 posts, read 40,907,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Maybe because Saudi Arabia appears to be sacrosanct? Despite their history of funding radical Islamic schools teaching hatred of the west, being the practitioners of one of the most radical forms of Islam, as well as spawning known terrorists, they're conspicuously absent from the list of Islamic countries having their immigration to the US curtailed.
I think both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan should have been on the list.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Could this have something to do with it?

Quote:
Trump Only Loves Rich Muslims Who Give Him Money
They’re mostly in the Gulf, and they have a ton of money, and they’re sending some of it The Donald’s way. But what else are they up to?

Donald Trump clearly has issues with Muslims. The latest example is his vow to ban all Muslim immigration to the United States, declaring he wants a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” Before that Trump had called for depriving American Muslims of civil liberties simply because of their faith by way of warrantless surveillance of Muslim Americans. And he has even gone as far as to indict all Muslims by declaring recently that “worldwide the Muslims were absolutely going wild” cheering on the 9/11 attacks.

But there’s one type of Muslim Trump really loves: The ones that make him big bucks. You see, if a Muslim can show Trump the money, then all those concerns he has with Muslims go right out the window of his private jet as he jets off to the Gulf to cash in.

Trump Only Loves Rich Muslims Who Give Him Money - The Daily Beast

Old 01-26-2017, 01:03 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Could this have something to do with it?

You'd think people would realize there are many words for 'friends' that are purchased and few if any have good connotations.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:17 PM

6,253 posts, read 5,052,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What if we told Saudi Arabia that we will cut our oil purchases unless they take Syria's Sunni refugees? Then we tell Iran that we will end the Kerry/Obama treaty unless they take Syria's Shia refugees. Then, we take the Christian refugees but we only vet for taking Syria's Christian refugees if the heads of their church identify them and then we vet them.

What if the United States became energy independent, killed the Iran treaty because they're a POS, and didn't take the word of Syrian churches that their refugees were all good people just hoping for a better life in America?

And what if we didn't try to hold other nations hostage or try to tell them what to do in their own countries?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:30 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I actually agree with you here. The Saudis and Gulf states should take a bigger share of the refugee population however to be fair they gave all Syrians currently in the KSA extended visa stays.

26,000 bombs America dropped last year...that's an incredible statistic.
Yep, 26,000 bombs too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies