Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 12:09 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/j...=.ae89de90cb06

Drain the swamp!

New blood needed for a new direction.

CN
I didn't realize that when Trump said: "We're going to win so big, you're going to get tired of winning" that he meant we would keep winning big this early!

Every day I am loving this Trump presidency.

Keep it up, Trump.

Not even a week in, some promises already fulfilled, and the swamp critters are draining themselves.

This is fantastic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 12:09 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Funny... I just referred to him as President Obama.

He was a senator, yes. Senator or Governor are usually stepping stones to a Presidency that have stood the litmus test of "minimum qualifications."

He's also a lawyer who is an expert in Constitutional law.

So, yeah... he had about as much experience as one can reasonably expect from an incoming President.
All a stretch to be kind. Obama had little previous government experience, was a first termer that slacked-off in the Senate like he did as President.
His experience as a Constitutional Lawyer is laughable!

He was the cool Black dude that was excused at every turn because of who he was. He was like a character from the show "Good Times"----Chicago and all!

President Trump's work ethic and progress in just a week only exposes how incompetent your boy Obama was.

Get real if that's even possible!

Old 01-26-2017, 12:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Before the inauguration, I was disappointed at his election, but I thought that maybe, once he was in charge, he'd make some sort of speech, even in Trumpian English, that would indicate that he wanted to be a president for everyone and he wanted to ensure that the things that matter most to ALL citizens would be on his agenda.

But, he just kept right on tweeting nonsense. He was inaugurated and he's been going on and on about crowd sizes and illegal voters (hello! he won) and he has appointed completely inexperienced people at every turn.
You have to ask yourself whether he is dumb for doing this or if people are dumb for not letting it die? It's not something that is going to lose him support. So if it is the headlines, is it harming or hurting him?

Quote:
It's disconcerting. And it's not about party politics at all. I'd say that if a democrat landed in office and said some of the stuff he's said.

Switch this whole thing around and put Clinton there and if she was tweeting nonsense about trivial stuff like offenses over ratings and SNL and she was appointing nothing but high-cash donors with zero experience, signing EOs like mad (last count he'd signed 12 and we're not even at a full week of him in office... Obama only signed 5)... going on interviews and repeatedly pointing out his crowd photos and rambling about the dishonest media...

I'd wonder if she'd had some sort of brain injury or finally buckled to some stress.

I mean it. Billions on a wall?

Good grief.

ETA: never showing his taxes like he promised... not fully divesting and showing proof of this... yeah... if Clinton did that, right wingers would be frothing at the mouth.
Which would be the thing people should concern themselves over? Her rants about SNL or who she was appointing? If people were going off about something irrelevant, does that not make getting the relevant stuff easier?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:13 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump brought an entire swamp into his cabinet, so give us a break please.

And on the lighter side....

Doomsday Clock: Humanity is edging closer to its end - CNN.com
Yeah, give me a break.......

How do you know? It hasn't been a week yet.

The "cabinet" that just left was voted out by the American people. Fair and square.

I can pass my opininated judgement on those that just left. their job is over (thankfully) and they did a miserable job.

On May 1, 2017 (the 100 day mark) Trump will get my first "report card".

Until then, nobody should say a damned thing, there is NO basis upon which to issue an opinion.

CN

Old 01-26-2017, 12:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So true, if things were going so well under Obama, Hillary would be President right now and the Democrats would not have lost the House and Senate. Obama's Left wing Communist and corrupt Chicago buddies need to be packing.
I've pointed this out for months and some take it as a defense of Trump. It is no such thing. (though Obama was extremely far from being a Communist)

Old 01-26-2017, 12:14 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Trump made an election promise over the wall, over NAFTA, the TPP, etc..

And now people seem to be upset because he appears to be keeping those promises.

Would you rather have a President that breaks those promises on his/her first day in office? Or was that what people expected?

Old 01-26-2017, 12:15 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
No "foreign SERVICE experience."

I know he has experience doing secular business in foreign countries. Being the CEO of ExxonMobil would make that nearly impossible to avoid.

But, he's not a diplomat. He has not held an office of any sort.

Ergo, no foreign SERVICE experience.
He knws how to negotiate, manage and deal with world business leaders. That is an awesome resume for secretary of state.. Politics and business are no different. And he is a very intelligent person, who more than likely will understand current policys.. Obama had zero foreign experience, and you voted twice for him as POTUS. think about it. He never had to manage a payroll, ever. No business or foriegn experience. None.

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I didn't realize that when Trump said: "We're going to win so big, you're going to get tired of winning" that he meant we would keep winning big this early!

Every day I am loving this Trump presidency.

Keep it up, Trump.

Not even a week in, some promises already fulfilled, and the swamp critters are draining themselves.

This is fantastic!

For an encore he'll have the illegals self deporting themselves.

CN

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Trump made an election promise over the wall, over NAFTA, the TPP, etc..

And now people seem to be upset because he appears to be keeping those promises.

Would you rather have a President that breaks those promises on his/her first day in office? Or was that what people expected?
He still needs Congressional approval for funding the wall.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:16 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
All a stretch to be kind. Obama had little previous government experience, was a first termer that slacked-off in the Senate like he did as President.
His experience as a Constitutional Lawyer is laughable!

He was the cool Black dude that was excused at every turn because of who he was. He was like a character from the show "Good Times"----Chicago and all!

President Trump's work ethic and progress in just a week only exposes how incompetent your boy Obama was.

Get real if that's even possible!

Obama, an expert on Constitutional law, what a laugh

"Obama never published a single law paper. He was hired by the University of Chicago when they learned he had been given a book contract on race and law directly after graduating from Harvard. There was no book – just the contract, which he later reneged on. This is not the normal level of accomplishment for a University of Chicago professor or even lecturer.

Obama was not capable of writing, and eventually, after failing to deliver, he changed it to a memoir, which he also struggled with. Finally, he asked Bill Ayers to write his memoir for him, using tapes that Michelle dropped off at the Ayerses'."

Blog: Here's what 'constitutional scholar' Obama really taught at law school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies