Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 08:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,761,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If you were offended by Trump's comments, are you also offended by RAP lyrics

I don't listen to RAP but I wouldn't vote for Trump OR a Rap singer for POTUS.

Does that count?
This.

The OP question will only be relevant if somebody like Kanye West actually decides to run for President. Rappers are artists, not politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 08:39 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,421,158 times
If that's the worst thing a rapper says, he's about 1/4 as offensive as Donald Trump.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,142,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, do you think the misogynistic lyrics passed to millions and millions of young men has absolutely no effect on them?

I must have missed all the concerned feminists marching about that.

Oh, wait, they were essentially marching on the orders of the DNC.
My young man doesn't listen to rap, I have no control over other young men or what they listen to.
I also believe in the first amendment so I may not agree with what they are saying, but they have the right to say it. I won't be voting for any rappers for any elected office just like I didn't vote for Trump.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:44 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,378,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Curious if the people so offended by Trump's comments on the bus about grabbing p$$$y are equally offended by the many rap lyrics that objectify and demean women!

You might say it doesn't matter because rap stars aren't running for president but neither was Trump when the conversation on the bus was recorded. That argument also does not help you because the wife of our last president as well as Hillary Clinton made no secret of their love for Beyonce and Jay-Z and other rappers while they expressed hypocritical outrage at what Trump said.

Jay-Z uses n-word, drops f-bombs at concert while Hillary looks the other way – it’s okay, it’s a Dem thing | BizPac Review

https://70news.wordpress.com/2016/10...st-in-history/

I'd love to know how many women (and men) who were out protesting Trump's language are fans of rap and think nothing of the misogynistic lyrics that objectify and demean women.

http://spanishnewstoday.com/images/a...1778_large.jpg

http://thesexysinglemommy.net/wp-con...013/05/hoe.jpg
Jay Z is one of my favorite rappers of all time, i think he has a great business mind, But I have not and never will cast a vote for him as President.

Why is it so hard for you to make the distinction ?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,719,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Yes. Misogyny is misogyny. Wouldn't want my daughter to be exposed to DMX lyrics or a Donald Trump speech.
Since Trump speeches contain no misogyny, we have to assume that either you never actually listen to them, or you don't know what misogyny is.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Which doesnt mean squat!!!!!!

HE IS NOT 1 BIT SORRY.........
Hard to believe you are actually a dude.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:37 PM

6,335 posts, read 5,429,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Since Trump speeches contain no misogyny, we have to assume that either you never actually listen to them, or you don't know what misogyny is.
mi·sog·y·ny
məˈsäjənē/
noun
dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

that last part....yeah...that's all over Trump's expressions, mannerisms, micro-aggressions etc.

Calling Megyn Kelly a bimbo and insinuating she was menstruating because he felt he was treated unfairly in a debate...... that's mysogyny.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:39 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,649,654 times
I wouldn't vote for those rappers either, so what's the point of this post?

I'm not "offended" by Trump's words OR the words of the rappers quoted in this thread. Being "offended" has nothing to do with it. I just think they are ALL unfit to be president, Trump included.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
mi·sog·y·ny
məˈsäjənē/
noun
dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

that last part....yeah...that's all over Trump's expressions, mannerisms, micro-aggressions etc.
How can I take anything you say seriously when you use a ridiculous term like "micro-aggressions" unironically?

Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 PM

6,335 posts, read 5,429,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
How can I take anything you say seriously when you use a ridiculous term like "micro-aggressions" unironically?
Why would I be using that term ironically? Are you unfamiliar with what micro-aggression is?

You will find them all over internet forums....and within most of the sentence fragments that make up a Trump speech or side of the conversation...

mi·cro·ag·gres·sion
ˌmīkrōəˈɡreSHən/
noun
noun: micro-aggression
a statement, action, or incident regarded as an instance of indirect, subtle, or unintentional discrimination against members of a marginalized group such as a racial or ethnic minority.
"students posed with dry-erase boards documenting their experiences with microaggressions on campus"
indirect, subtle, or unintentional discrimination against members of a marginalized group.
"they are not subject to daily acts of microaggression"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies