Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:49 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Vote Libertarian then. We're quite meticulous about hating the War on Drugs and not being particular about whose gun rights are protected as long as they are protected. I think that black crime rates would need to come down to the same levels as other demographics before racial profiling will end entirely. I agree that it's a bad thing, but it becomes a learned behavior for any police force where blacks are significantly more likely to be engaging in criminal activity than whites or asians or even Hispanics. The only way to change perceptions is for blacks to commit a lot less crimes.

I've been a libertarian since 2004 and voted for Michael Badnarik that year. Black crime rates have declined constantly for 20 years straight. And only 2-5% of all black people commit murders. So your narrarive that blacks need to commit less crime is false.

Also if you promote profiling, then you are not a libertarian. Libertarianism is centered around individualism, profiling violates the idea of individualism. So do not claim to be something you're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 04:17 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,273 times
The question of "why do blacks vote Democrat?" is just a passive aggressive way to call blacks stupid. And when you question people about this, as we've seen in this very thread, people play stupid.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:34 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The question of "why do blacks vote Democrat?" is just a passive aggressive way to call blacks stupid. And when you question people about this, as we've seen in this very thread, people play stupid.
This is something I have suspected. There has not been alot of reason for me to suspect that this is just curiosity. Too many threads about this topic have shown me otherwise.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

The real question you should ask is why do people who probably never interact, or care to interact with black people in their personal lives are so invested in proving how inferior black people are. See there is a reason for everything.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:58 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am curious to why there is a desperation to get Blacks to vote Republican. I can name Republicans who have said some bigoted things. Newt Gingrich, George Allen, Trent Lott, Rick Santorum.
No one has an obsession about who blacks vote for, they may vote for whomever they choose to vote for. I just think some are curious as to why such a large (in the 90's) % of blacks continue to vote against their own best interest.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
No one has an obsession about who blacks vote for, they may vote for whomever they choose to vote for. I just think some are curious as to why such a large (in the 90's) % of blacks continue to vote against their own best interest.
So Republicans with stop and frisk, patriot act, racial profiling, harsh drug sentences, and the war on drugs strong arm is in the interest of blacks?

Old 01-27-2017, 07:28 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So Republicans with stop and frisk, patriot act, racial profiling, harsh drug sentences, and the war on drugs strong arm is in the interest of blacks?
I agree as a middle class Black male, none of those things are in my interestshake. Those things would be harmful to me. S&F, and racial profiling would violate my 4th Amendment rights. The war on drugs has not worked that we'll. New drugs are coming up.

Something else. Why vote for someone who would accuse you of only desiring "entitlements"? Last I checked, a majority of Blacks work. Newt Gingrich made the accusation that Blacks only want food stamps. Rick Santorum made theasy comment "I don't want Blacks succeeding on my tax dollars".

And then I saw a post or two claiming Blacks only vote Democrat for the entitlements. Why would I think it's mere curiosity?

Being viewed as a pest is not going to make want to vote for someone. If anything, I will have resentment. My vote is my business. Some people treat it like it's their own business.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I agree as a middle class Black male, none of those things are in my interestshake. Those things would be harmful to me. S&F, and racial profiling would violate my 4th Amendment rights. The war on drugs has not worked that we'll. New drugs are coming up.

Something else. Why vote for someone who would accuse you of only desiring "entitlements"? Last I checked, a majority of Blacks work. Newt Gingrich made the accusation that Blacks only want food stamps. Rick Santorum made theasy comment "I don't want Blacks succeeding on my tax dollars".

And then I saw a post or two claiming Blacks only vote Democrat for the entitlements. Why would I think it's mere curiosity?

Being viewed as a pest is not going to make want to vote for someone. If anything, I will have resentment. My vote is my business. Some people treat it like it's their own business.

Guys like New Gingrich or Rick Santorum aren't idiots. They know how many black people are hard working in this country. But see they have constituents, and that is what their constituents like to believe. So they love to play on that. There are poor, unskilled, and poorly educated white people who life suck. They're losers in life, and in everything else. So what gives them hope every day is the fact they wake up white and can be secure in the fact that they're superior to black people.

This isn't real conservatism of course. They love to call themselves conservatives, but they don't exalt any of the principals. This is why I became a libertarian years ago. I could no longer support either party because both of them have incredibly contempt for black people. And I've long stop believing that solutions for black people was in the hands of some politicians who never stepped foot in some of these neighborhoods.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Why do I care? Because I've seen such threads before. In my humble opinion, I feel like my vote is my business. It is just my opinion that this might not just be about curiosity. It isn't just the last thread. It is the threads over the years. I suspect it's an obsession about Blacks as a whole. Some of the posts I've seen involve terms like "plantation" and "free stuff". Some posts border on insulting.

This is not me being disingenuous. I really want to know why there is such an obsession. For the record, I do not want to "defend" my vote. I want my vote to be MY vote. I don't want to be in a situation where I have to defend my vote. This is why, outside of CD, I don't discuss politics with most people. I don't want to discuss who I vote for. My vote, my business. FWIW, I'm doing alright for myself. I'm middle class, live in the suburbs, and I have work.
Do you only see insulting posts towards black voters? Have you not seen the plethora of threads about white male voters, and female voters?

Why is anyone concerned about how a white male votes?

Why is anyone concerned about how a female votes?

Why is anyone concerned about how an Hispanic votes?

You are not singled out. Identity politics is a Dem thing. All through Trump's campaign, it was the left screeching how he wouldn't get "the black vote" or "the Hispanic vote" or "the women vote". Hillary ran on getting "the women vote" simply because she was a female. And when 40% of us said, "uh..NO!" we got called all kinds of names from idiots in the media, and as has been pointed out in threads on here, that we "hate" ourselves, that we are "sexist" (??), etc.

White males are said to be idiots, hicks, Rednecks, poor, (yet apparently so wealthy that they steal everything from 'the American people'...you figure that one out), uneducated, low information, deplorables, etc.

I would ask why are you obsessed with what people think when identity politics have been shoved in to our faces for 18 months, and it is still going on even after the election. Any white person who voted for Trump is "racist, homphobic, xenophobic, sexist, blah blah blah"....and many, many threads and posts repeat that crap.

It's not just a black thing.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:40 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,835,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Well,I do admit that the immigration stance of blacks puzzles me,but many are waking up.

Many black Americans now see that some immigrants do not respect them,and at times are more anti-black than some whites.

I find it incredibly rude to disrespect an American citizen who has had ancestors in the Usa since the 1700's just because they happen to be black.

Despite what many say,I do not think anti-blackness came from whites in respect to some immigrant groups.
Many will blame white colonialism but take India for example and their hatred for the "Untouchables" who were of darker skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies