Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 05:58 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm a liberal who did not vote for Trump but honest to G*d I hoped for the best. Trump's early rhetoric about bridging the Congressional aisle made sense. He was a voice for the Rust Belt and those who have been overlooked by both parties. Unfortunately, the messenger isn't up to the message.

This may well be "fake news" and the source (Daily Kos) sure isn't up there on the reliability index. Frankly, though, this may well be the state of affairs. Yellow showers no, this yes.

West Wing leaker goes dark after pulling back the curtain: Trump "irrational", staff "demoralized"

Highlights:

* Trump has no idea how to fix Obamacare. He still doesn't know what a high risk pool is.

* Trump wants to start leaking directly to wikileaks to corner opponents.

* Priebus wants to resign but Ryan so far has talked him out of it.

* There's no idea even how to begin to deal with the difficult terrain issues to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

* He has no interest in or ability to absorb factual background on issues that staff provides.
The Trump administration is going to leak like a sieve.

The people who say the worst things about him - are those who work closely with him. His aides, for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I am 100 percent sure he knows what a high risk pool is in regards to health care.
I doubt it. He sure didn't seem to grasp the concept that his own employees have insurance through his company vs the ACA. Remember that one?

Old 01-26-2017, 05:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
I'm a liberal who did not vote for Trump but honest to G*d I hoped for the best. Trump's early rhetoric about bridging the Congressional aisle made sense. He was a voice for the Rust Belt and those who have been overlooked by both parties. Unfortunately, the messenger isn't up to the message.

This may well be "fake news" and the source (Daily Kos) sure isn't up there on the reliability index. Frankly, though, this may well be the state of affairs. Yellow showers no, this yes.

West Wing leaker goes dark after pulling back the curtain: Trump "irrational", staff "demoralized"

Highlights:

* Trump has no idea how to fix Obamacare. He still doesn't know what a high risk pool is.

* Trump wants to start leaking directly to wikileaks to corner opponents.

* Priebus wants to resign but Ryan so far has talked him out of it.

* There's no idea even how to begin to deal with the difficult terrain issues to build a wall between the US and Mexico.

* He has no interest in or ability to absorb factual background on issues that staff provides.
I completely believe this. Completely. Trump basically elected because of his ability to incite anger at rallies. He has no clue beyond that.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:00 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
The attention span thing rings true too. Did anyone see him on Air Force One today? He was having a photo op and the jingle from Empire flooring was blaring in the background.

In the office watching TV.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:02 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
This gave it away for me too.

I don't know why these phony stories have to go over the top.
Yeah after that the rest lost all accountability.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Notice how the unnamed sources information always fits and often uses the same words of the left. What a surprise. NOT !!!!

Old 01-26-2017, 06:12 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"White House whistle blower tells how bad it is"

Ridiculous nonsense. I know it sucks to lose, but get a grip.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:

This seems like a giveaway that it's fake. What serious person working at the White House would think that Trump himself, or his staff, must resolve the technical issues related to constructing a wall? That's obviously a job for engineers and not, I would imagine, a terribly difficult one. Much more complex structures than walls are routinely built in all kinds of terrain, all over the world.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:19 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
I don't know if it's real but it's funny as h***.

He wants to "corner his opponents" by leaking to Wiki Leaks.

Haha, what a crap show.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:19 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I am 100 percent sure he knows what a high risk pool is in regards to health care.
I have employer-provided insurance and sure didn't know what high risk pools were - not specifically until the term again came up in news articles about the possible post-ACA insurance environment. Sure Trump isn't a moron and, like me, he certainly can grasp the concept readily enough once he came across it. Or it was explained to him.

But it wouldn't surprise me at ALL that he got up and talked at debates and in rallies about the "beautiful" health care plan he had without beginning to understand the implications of altering the ACA. Or that, overwhelmed by the job, he continues to space out about the details when being briefed about ACA planning.

There are a multitude of policy changes underway - and all promised immediately. Frankly, it would be *normal* for the WH to fall apart under these conditions.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:20 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Hooray for fake news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies