Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 03:34 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,200,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The press has become way too complacent and "cocky"
THEY say and print downright LIES all the time and are never called out on them.
If the media wants to treated like adults and NOT adolescents, then THEY need to start acting like adults.

It's a 2 way street.
No, it's a one way street. Donald Trump is loose cannon and an authoritarian demagogue who is
determined to silence anything negative about him. New rule: only believe what he tweets and
Fox News or there will be consequences.

Trump’s Lies vs. Your Brain - POLITICO Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 04:07 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,146,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He talks like a New Yorker who knows how to communicate with the people. You think those Union leaders he met with respect Obama's eloquence? No.

Did you catch the "Sneaky Rats" comment last night? Love it. That's the way a normal New Yorker talks.

Obama talked over the people. Trump talks to the people.
And, yet, so many New Yorkers hate him.

Wonder why? Maybe because he rarely paid people for their services?

Lots of people call others "sneaky" and I bet you can find Obama mentioning something being sneaky at some point over the past 8 years.

Obama talked the way a person with a decent-sized vocabulary should talk.

That people cannot understand more than a handful of words is not the fault of the President. It's the fault of our education system and/or some very lousy homeschooling.

I don't need a President to dumb things down for me.

Especially one that's not exactly a genius. You can talk TO the people without sounding like an idiot.

Bush Jr did this. Yeah... he had gaffes sometimes and he mispronounced "nuclear" but he was a good example of a "regular guy" type of talker.

And, yet... he was largely a good public speaker and he still is.

You can be laid back and approachable and not sound like a rambling dummy all the time.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:08 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,146,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's like a cult, and that's what makes it so scary. They have already displayed that truth doesn't matter, that evidence and logic simply don't matter.
It is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen and it does remind me of the Nazis and/or the McCarthy era rhetoric.

It is a very bad sign.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:39 PM

45,359 posts, read 26,948,512 times
I had not commented here, or seen the interview... was this an interview or a debate?

The OP said Trump owned Muir.

I thought it was an interview. There should be just questions and answers - even though I understand who the press are at times.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:02 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Where were all the left media when Hilary was proven to be a liar by Comey and she went everywhere saying how the FBI said she was truthful?

The left might have mentioned it for 1 minute then went back to Trump bashing for 1 hour.

You wonder why Trump call all these people dishonest.

When their candidate was getting hammered for lying to the FBI, they were more concerned about whose p*ssy Trump grabbed while people died at Benghazi.

You still wondering why he got elected?

Trump is now the President of the United States of America. Not Hillary.

Focus.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Love it when a weak liberal like the head anchor guy at ABC gets it handed to him.

I have to say even though I didn't vote for either major party candidate, now I see how Trump won the presidency in an electoral vote landslide.

He has perfect communication skills and is one of the best persuaders in all the land.

I was loving Trump's world class communication skills, while listening to ABC liberal David Muir asking question after question and time after time Trump had a brilliant answer. Muir sounded like a college level interviewer at best.

Muir kept trying to entrap Trump an Trump kept refusing to be entrapped.

Every time I have my doubts on Trump, I see his amazing interviews and now see why he is the President of the United States.

I never heard of David Muir so I went to ABC for the transcript/ tape of this interview.

What I read and heard was with was a whole lot of double talk, deflection and attempts to pivot when Muir pressed on the 3-5 million and crowd size.

1) Paying for the Wall

Trump: " I never said they ( Mexico) would pay up front".

2) Dreamers

Trump: " They don't have to worry about this. I have a heart and will take care of everyone". He will make an announcement in 4 weeks.

3) 3-5 Million illegal votes

Trump blamed the media as this was said in private.

Dead people and people registered in 2 states ( like his own family and close advisor) are voting.

Trump: " We are going to find out""

Paul Ryan and Lindsey Graham are not buying into it.

Trump: Millions of people agree with me. Smart people".

4) Crowd Size

Trump: Fox and Hannity say it was a great speech. Turn on Fox News. You people, people like you demean my crowds, the biggest ever".

It was not Trump's finest moment.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I had not commented here, or seen the interview... was this an interview or a debate?

The OP said Trump owned Muir.

I thought it was an interview. There should be just questions and answers - even though I understand who the press are at times.
I took the opportunity to read the transcript and listen to the tape.

I did not arrive at the same conclusion the OP did.

Trump came off very defensive on the topics of paying for the wall, 3-5 million illegal votes and crowd size.

He did use this interview as an opportunity to say the Dreamers have nothing to worry about. He's going to take care of everybody.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Well DC it is clear you do NOT know much about how DC and how the fed works or history.

EACH Chamber passes a bill, then the 2 get together for a final bill.

"The Iraq Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107–243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing military action against Iraq.

"PassageAn authorization by Congress was sought by President George W. Bush soon after his September 12, 2002 statement before the U.N. General Assembly asking for quick action by the Security Council in enforcing the resolutions against Iraq.[5][6]
Of the legislation introduced by Congress in response to President Bush's requests,[7] S.J.Res. 45 sponsored by Sen. Daschle & Sen. Lott was based on the original White House proposal authorizing the use of force in Iraq, H.J.Res. 114 sponsored by Rep. Hastert & Rep. Gephardt and the substantially similar S.J.Res. 46 sponsored by Sen. Lieberman were modified proposals. H.J.Res. 110 sponsored by Rep. Hastings was a separate proposal never considered on the floor. Eventually, the Hastert-Gephardt proposal became the legislation Congress focused on."

United States Senate

Party Yeas Nays Republican 48 1 Democratic 29 21 Independent 0 1 TOTALS 77 23

WITHOUT THE DEMS THE BILL WOULD NOT HAVE PASSED

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution
Not only do you not understand how it works, you don't understand what you've read/posted.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,219,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Maybe not in the States but go back about 80+ years to Europe and you'll find a man who (for a while) was similarly adored. He appealed to his country's sense of national pride, promising (and delivering) to get rid of the undesirables that were dragging the country down. Promised to restore lost jobs and economic prosperity to a populace that felt beat down and betrayed by their government, build a stronger military and to win the war on terrorism.

Sound familiar?
Oh absolutely and I was thinking only of the states because that is what I am familiar with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies