Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 09:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why? There are plenty of US citizens here who are Muslim. They have every right of a US citizen. If they commit a crime, they go to jail. Otherwise, they are free.
Muslim US citizens in the military too. Lots of proof and productive American muslims being lumped in with a few crazy extremists. Yet heaven forbid white people get lumped in with the crazy militia people. "Not all white people think like Dylan Roof." So hypocritical. Not all muslims are extremist terrorists and they don't have to answer for all the crazies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Oh I get it. Syrians are evil because everyone is bombing their country as destroying it and they would like to live. Got it. They should stay and tough it out. And the rest of the world should ignore it.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:42 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
While I despise the Bush globalist agenda and their wars, Islamic (Shiite and Sunni) countries despise each other and the first Iraqi war was over the invasion of Kuwait and Bush the Elder was very admired in many gulf states. Bush the Younger was a disaster overall, but many Kurds in Iraq love the US.

We are not dependent on middle east oil anymore, we are not going to "win" anything being involved in the middle east and we are not going to be liked by Sunni or Shiite no matter what we do. We need to take care of problems at home and stay out of foreign ventures and wars as much as possible
yes, the US doesn't depend on middle east oil any more, but it still wants to make sure oil will be traded in USD in the world.

One of the reason Gaddafi was vilified was not because human right abuse, but because he DARED not to trade oil with something other than USD.

The reason Syria was vilified was because Assad supports a nature gas pipe line project from Iran to Europe via Syria, not the US supported project from Qatar.

And we pretend all the Middle East wars is about the poor people in the middle east and fancy words like democracy and human rights.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:44 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Could be business ties but it probably more likely his generals and the CIA told him not the to mess with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc.

Or it could be both.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:48 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
I'm against any total ban based on religion but I also understand enough about Islam to know that a devout Muslim would have more problems assimilating into our society than someone of another religion. There's a reason the West has zero problem with Buddhists terrorism but major problems with Islamic terrorism despite similar cultural differences with the West. I've read the Koran and studied about Islam and the central theme is that non Muslims are evil and need to be subdued. The ultimate goal of Islam is to bring the entire world under Muslim control, Jews and Christians would be protected second class citizens while all pagans and atheists would be executed. That is not from a right wing propaganda website, that is what 99.9% of Muslim scholars believe.

Muslims believe the Koran and it's code of laws (Sharia) are perfect and can not be changed or modernized. That means that the creation of additional laws - like the Constitution or Bill of Rights - is apostasy. It also means there is no way Islam and Enlightenment values can no have conflict. The Koran allows and regulates wife beating, first cousin marriage, female genital mutilation, and abuse of non Muslim slaves. Contrary to Western media reports that ISIS is not Islamic when the took Yazidi women as sex slaves they were following what the Koran says and what Muhammad did to people not of the book (Jews or Christians) who refuse to convert. Most Muslims who move to the West are not devout because it's almost impossible to be so in a non Muslim country. Your kid could get licked by a dog in the park, requiring a cleansing ritual. Your food could have come into contact with unclean pork. Your bank might practice haram usury. Often the parents moving to the West are not that religious but when Gen. 2 struggles to fit in they turn to fundamentalist Islam and sometimes use the violence the Koran allows them to.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Sometimes you really have question the intelligence of the Trump haters.

Who writes this stuff, and who falls for it?
Did he, or did he not, exempt countries where he has business dealings?

If he didn't, that should be easy enough to prove.

Clearly the OP has raised a rather important point in this thread.
Otherwise, why so many deflections?

I am not at all surprised by his actions. Trump will do nothing that might impact his bottom line.
Absolutely nothing.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I really doubt there is going to be much , if any, immigration from Islamic countries in the next 4 years unless its Christians or Kurds
Is there a blood test for this?

Old 01-27-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
And where did this medieval revival come from? Research Sykes-Picot and the origins of Al-Qaeda.

In case you didn't know, in the 1970's and 80's the CIA actually brought Al-Qaeda scholars to the US in order for them to recruit in US and Canadian Mosques. I was a kid but remember it vividly.
I suppose many people know it is CIA that created Al-Qaeda in the first place.

Even in history, the Muslim world was much much tolerant (for example of the Jews) than Christian Europe. The Jews were discriminated and persecuted throughout its history by European Christians, not by the Muslims.

And why the Arabe countries hate Israel? Because again, the kind Christian countries carved out a piece of land where the Arabs lived for the past 1000 years and declare "it belongs to the Jews". This is where the mess started.

Honestly, don't blame the Jews or the Muslims. It is all France/Britain's fault.

And after WWII, western powers never missed a chance to prop up any anti-government forces in the Middle East countries other than their own "allies" (aka: the Gulf countries") and created rounds and rounds of chaos and wars.

Let me put it this one: if today all the Muslims decide to start killing each other and form a happy family, the folks in Washington and London will be p#ssed off and do anything to stop that from happening through their security agencies' various "operations".

Old 01-27-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Did he, or did he not, exempt countries where he has business dealings?

If he didn't, that should be easy enough to prove.

Clearly the OP has raised a rather important point in this thread.
Otherwise, why so many deflections?

I am not at all surprised by his actions. Trump will do nothing that might impact his bottom line.
Absolutely nothing.
It is not about Trump's bottom line. It is about the fact that Saudi Arabia has been a US ally since the end of WWII and always served US interest. So whatever sh#t the Saudi kings did, the US tolerates it (unlike to Iraq or Syria).

Do you honestly think Trump got elected to improve his "bottom line“? I know many love to think the worst of him, but this theory is childish.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm against any total ban based on religion but I also understand enough about Islam to know that a devout Muslim would have more problems assimilating into our society than someone of another religion. There's a reason the West has zero problem with Buddhists terrorism but major problems with Islamic terrorism despite similar cultural differences with the West. I've read the Koran and studied about Islam and the central theme is that non Muslims are evil and need to be subdued. The ultimate goal of Islam is to bring the entire world under Muslim control, Jews and Christians would be protected second class citizens while all pagans and atheists would be executed. That is not from a right wing propaganda website, that is what 99.9% of Muslim scholars believe.

so the Bible doesn't say non-Christians are evil and should be killed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies