Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:01 AM

636 posts, read 392,680 times

Advertisements

From your link
Quote:
The report from the BKA federal police showed that migrants from northern Africa, Georgia and Serbia were disproportionately represented among the suspects.

Absolute numbers of crimes committed by Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis - the three biggest groups of asylum seekers in Germany - were high but given the proportion of migrants that they account for, their involvement in crimes was "clearly disproportionately low", the report said.

The report stated that the vast majority of migrants did not commit any crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Liberals have a reading comprehension problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 12:02 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Default Was hope and change scary?!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
America used to be called "the beacon of hope for the world".

That beacon is being turned off by Donald Trump, and not only in regards to immigration. We are turning the beacon off, closing the borders, ending alliances, starting trade wars, and allying ourselves with those who oppress others.

I do not remember people ever saying "I am afraid", but they are saying it today. After 9/11 we were in shock, but as a nation we always knew we'd get over it. Now we are looking into the abyss of unknown, and some are saying they are afraid.
You live in Miami and maybe some of the locals there, who also despise Israel, are seeing that the liberal democrat agenda of paying Iran to not attack us is bad foreign policy.

If hope and change didn't put fear into Miami residents than making America Great certainly won't scare them.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:28 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'm sorry that so many people are wedded to the idea that an unlimited amount of foreigners from any corner of the world have a "right" to move to the United States. I know most of them don't believe it anyways. Nothing funnier than logging into Facebook and seeing my liberal friends who live in million-dollar homes in 95% White neighborhoods complain about Donald Trump banning Syrian refugees.

I encourage people to read this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor..._United_States
You've made enough posts on this forum on the same topic. Enough with the propaganda.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:52 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
It's hard to be informed these days. We see all these provocative headlines and read comments online from those who promote the same view that things seem SO DIRE. It's only because I go out of my way to seek out sources that aren't getting a lot of play that I know things are never quite as they seem. I hate the collusion and ridiculously hysterical tantrums being thrown every time ANYTHING happens, any real issues can go unseen under the sea of blablabla and that's not good.

There sure are things to criticize and worry about. Yes, your pet issues may actually be challenged and changed but that's because the country doesn't agree on it, not because you have the moral high ground and everyone else is an ignorant loser. I think many people are seriously concerned about things they don't even have a clear view or historical perspective on. Those coming of age under Obama probably don't even know how off kilter certain things have become so doing something as simple as following our own laws or even BEING NORMAL seem like some kind of authoritarian coup.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:54 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
What about the environment that liberals are so worried about? More immigration equals more citizens in the US. Which means paving over more vacant lands for housing developments, schools, etc. Destroy more habitat for endangered species. Unless, of course, they want all citizens stacked like Lego's in rabbit hutch sized apartments in urban high rises.
Kinda reaching on this one-
First-you make it sounds like being worried about the environment is a bad thing-it is not. Second, with or without immigration the wealthy will still exploit the environment for their own gain. Besides do you really think the US will bring in the 500 million or so immigrants (if not more) to cause THAT kind of overpopulation??? REALLY??

So by that derailed train of "thought" America should eliminate minimum wages, and keep every worker in poverty. Because if you pay them decently, think of all the potential injuries caused by car crashes caused by everyone going to the stores, restaurants, and vacations because of the money they have to spend on such things

Old 01-29-2017, 01:02 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Kinda reaching on this one-
First-you make it sounds like being worried about the environment is a bad thing-it is not. Second, with or without immigration the wealthy will still exploit the environment for their own gain. Besides do you really think the US will bring in the 500 million or so immigrants (if not more) to cause THAT kind of overpopulation??? REALLY??
I keep asking the "immigrant advocates" how many "immigrants" would be too many, and they never give me an answer.

So they obviously don't want to set any limit, and couldn't care less about the effect on the environment and our natural resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies