Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 12:57 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Like the anti-choice marchers in D.C. today, many could care less about people one they pass through the birth canal. MILLIONS of children, including those in the foster-care system, have health insurance, and are receiving much-needed medical care, because of the ACA.
Foster children and poor children do and always have had medicaid.The best insurance in the world. It has nothing to do with ACA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:14 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
I think that the ACA definitely needs some improvements. There are many changes I don't think people realize great benefits of the HCA are being taken away. If you are safely covered behind employer-provided insurance, the protections set forth in the ACA (Affordable Care Act), apply to you too. And if those protections are repealed along with the rest (or any part) of the program, you will also be affected.

That means you may be trapped in a job, because your pre-existing condition may mean you will not qualify for new insurance offered by another employer, and the cost of private insurance would be prohibitive. If your employer shuts down, lays you off, or even changes insurers, well, you are out of luck.

It means that if you have a high-risk pregnancy, or life-threatening illness such as cancer, you may not be able to afford all the care you need, because you may hit lifetime or annual caps. If you have an infant born with any kind of severe medical condition, or premature, they may hit their lifetime insurance cap before they are old enough to walk.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:17 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I have never in my life seen anything promoted more by the federal government than Obamacare. NOTHING. The amount of ads, of every kind, has been something right out of North Korea.
I see the same thing every year on TV about Medicare Part D and prescription drug coverage for seniors.

On the OP Obamacare enrollment ends anyway early next week (1/31). I'm sure that the ads were paid for in advance, which is typical, so Trump hasn't done anything to "pull" the advertising off the airwaves. They weren't going to keep going after the deadline of 1/31/17.

Some of you think Trump is some sort of Superman lol.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:31 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Looks as if Obamacare is soon to be history. Trump has pulled back $5M in ads.

Amazing that Obama had to spent $60M last year to promote Obamacare. Huge waste of money.

Trump Administration cuts HealthCare.gov ads by $5million | Daily Mail Online
"Trump has pulled back $5M in ads."

There are all kinds of places like this that can be pulled back to build the wall.

The next place I would look is all the money we pay for printing everything in Spanish and the extra equipment needed to say everything in Spanish.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Really? You're celebrating the fact that people aren't being informed that they have access to health insurance? Which is something that will help Americans have healthier lives...

Trump supporters have the oddest priorities.
Why should we be paying to advertise something that is NOT going to around much longer?

Only a liberal would be against this.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I think that the ACA definitely needs some improvements. There are many changes I don't think people realize great benefits of the HCA are being taken away. If you are safely covered behind employer-provided insurance, the protections set forth in the ACA (Affordable Care Act), apply to you too. And if those protections are repealed along with the rest (or any part) of the program, you will also be affected.

That means you may be trapped in a job, because your pre-existing condition may mean you will not qualify for new insurance offered by another employer, and the cost of private insurance would be prohibitive. If your employer shuts down, lays you off, or even changes insurers, well, you are out of luck.

It means that if you have a high-risk pregnancy, or life-threatening illness such as cancer, you may not be able to afford all the care you need, because you may hit lifetime or annual caps. If you have an infant born with any kind of severe medical condition, or premature, they may hit their lifetime insurance cap before they are old enough to walk.
All of which has NOTING to do withe issue in the thread.

If you want discuss O Care, start your own thread or you WILL be reported for "hijacking" a thread.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I see the same thing every year on TV about Medicare Part D and prescription drug coverage for seniors.

On the OP Obamacare enrollment ends anyway early next week (1/31). I'm sure that the ads were paid for in advance, which is typical, so Trump hasn't done anything to "pull" the advertising off the airwaves. They weren't going to keep going after the deadline of 1/31/17.

Some of you think Trump is some sort of Superman lol.
"On the OP Obamacare enrollment ends anyway early next week" which is meaningless.

The O admin ran O Care ads ALL YEAR LONG.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:45 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Looks as if Obamacare is soon to be history. Trump has pulled back $5M in ads.

Amazing that Obama had to spent $60M last year to promote Obamacare. Huge waste of money.

Trump Administration cuts HealthCare.gov ads by $5million | Daily Mail Online
Silencing science, eliminating public information, demanding that the National Parks Service state that more people attended his inauguration than attended Obama's. The guy is a freak. More and more, every day, Trump reminds me of North Korea's dictator. Wonder how long it will be before he orders that huge photos of himself be posted in public places.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:59 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Silencing science, eliminating public information, demanding that the National Parks Service state that more people attended his inauguration than attended Obama's. The guy is a freak. More and more, every day, Trump reminds me of North Korea's dictator. Wonder how long it will be before he orders that huge photos of himself be posted in public places.
If you are actually serious, then hopefully someone will say a prayer for you.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Dong Tru Ump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies