Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you on Mexico's side or America's side??
Mexico 36 17.56%
America 169 82.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:03 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
America, of course! Why would anyone be on the side a government that sends their riff raff across the border, wont life a finger to control illegal immigration into teh united states, won't lift a finger to control drug flow, and benefits greatly from US wealth?
Trump would call that "being smart".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 10:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Since when did this suddenly become a thing? Trump has started all this America vs Mexico nonsense and that's why Mexico has been defensive lately...and rightfully so

it's not so much "pick a side" as it is "Trump is a moron."
Amen.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:12 PM

577 posts, read 512,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
MOST illegal aliens come THROUGH Mexico: I've got a BIG problem with THAT.
You should have a bigger problem with your fellow Americans hiring these illegals. If they didn't have work here, then they wouldn't be here. My family was guilty hiring them on our cattle ranch back in the 80's. I know how it works. Just like the war on drugs....if there wasn't a demand for the product, then it wouldn't be coming across the border. Sometimes it's better to stop the cause of a problem than try to deal with the effects of a problem.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:13 PM

This is just a fake war so that Americans will gleefully pay 30% tax/tariff to pay for Trump's wall. Ya know, team USA!

Sorry, I don't want to pay for Trumps's wall.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
You should have a bigger problem with your fellow Americans hiring these illegals. If they didn't have work here, then they wouldn't be here. My family was guilty hiring them on our cattle ranch back in the 80's. I know how it works. Just like the war on drugs....if there wasn't a demand for the product, then it wouldn't be coming across the border. Sometimes it's better to stop the cause of a problem than try to deal with the effects of a problem.
I'd LOVE to see people who hire known illegal aliens thrown in jail and fined.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:17 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Since when did this suddenly become a thing? Trump has started all this America vs Mexico nonsense and that's why Mexico has been defensive lately...and rightfully so

it's not so much "pick a side" as it is "Trump is a moron."

Considering Mexico has not only not discouraged illegal immigration to the US they have encouraged it and aided in giving advice on how to succeed at it once illegals get here it's "been a thing"..

Old 01-27-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The side that supports globalization aka "cheap labor" and illegal immigrants....

funny how you worry about prices increasing for goods coming in from Mexico but don't care or support rise in costs taken out of your income to support welfare for illegal immigrants. Also you worry about a rise in costs for item coming from Mexico but don't seem to care that many U.S.A jobs have been lost to Mexico.

Maybe if so many jobs hadn't been shipped abroad you wouldn't have to worry as much about tariffs.

So who is being rational, logical in thinking, not to mention for or against America?

when it comes down to it, it isn't about "brown" people or "white" people or whatever , it is about money the only color that matters is green. Some benefit financially by illegal immigration and some suffer financially, human rights has NOTHING to do with it even when they say it does to cover their greed

If you are for globalization and cheap labor then you are obviously not affected by it in your income and thus don't care that it does affect someone, so its easy to chant " no human is illegal" in that case.
1. Who gives jobs to ilegal immigrants? The "job creators" that require juicy tax cuts to "create jobs"

2. Who ships jobs overseas? Big companies that need tax cuts so they can "grow the economy"? They also need to repatriate capital they have stashed overseas without paying taxes on it. Oh yeah, they are really going to bring manufacturing jobs back. They are going to buy back stock.

Wake up

Old 01-27-2017, 11:03 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Three names: Trump, Melania and Ivanka. They make money selling stuff made in a number of foreign countries...including China. That takes jobs away from Americans.

Did you vote for the guy who won't employ American workers because his profit is bigger when he sells stuff made in a country with forced abortions?
I was referring to illegal aliens, not Trump, Melania and Ivanka.

They broke our laws when they entered our country illegally.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:05 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why most likely yes? Because we Americans don't break the law and do no wrong? Not true.

American 'illegals' in Mexico - BBC News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cdd242531f1f
Great "unbiased" sources you posted!

If and when millions of Americans are illegally immigrating to Mexico, get back to me.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:12 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Considering Mexico has not only not discouraged illegal immigration to the US they have encouraged it and aided in giving advice on how to succeed at it once illegals get here it's "been a thing"..
Hell, if I were Mexico and some Putin loving bully pretending to be POTUS came along and demanded that I pay for his very own special wall, I'd tell him to stick his little hand back in his pants before someone cuts it off. Then I'd stop wasting money on drug interdiction across my northern border with my arrogant, extortionist neighbor. I'd tell all the drug runners and cartels to go for it - just not in Mexico. I'd save all sorts of money that way and could probably start some kind of vocational education program for the people of my own country instead of wasting my time trying to keep my next door neighbor off heroin and away from the crack dealers. The fact that the US is a nation of drug addicts would no longer be my problem.

Plus, can you imagine what the reaction of the US border patrol would be if a busload of people with no documents pulled up and the Federales who accompanied them told the US officials that these were all American citizens because - can't you tell? They LOOK American and some of them even speak pretty good English, so here you go, la Migra. Well, given the hostilities that Comrade trump and his gang of rabble rousers have caused, that's exactly what I'd do if I were Mexico.

What's sauce for the goose is good for the gander as well. The Mexican officials will stop playing this stupid game with us. "So, you say these people are Mexican nationals?" they'll start to ask. "How can we know that? Where are their papers? What do you mean they don't have any? Sorry, but under Mexico's brand new version of its very own Patriot Act, no undocumented person is allowed into the country of Mexico. They could be members of ISIS that you US officials are trying to slip into our sovereign land for revenge at not getting your very own Iron Curtain built for free. Up yours, Estados Unidos!

I'd be in the front row, cheering for the home team, drinking tequila and eating Mom's apple pie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies