Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you on Mexico's side or America's side??
Mexico 36 17.56%
America 169 82.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 02:00 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I believe that all of the Americas should belong to the people who were here first.

and how are you going to settle that? before the Europeans arrived thousands of native tribes invaded and conquered each other to control their spot.

so unless you have some official document that proves a particular tribe was here first and then how you are going to reward everything to the "original" natives which they are all dead......good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 04:00 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I'd like a bit of clarity before I pick a side please.
Me too. I'm not a blind loyalist.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:36 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Poll speaks for itself.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:55 AM

30,137 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
who are the 25 traitors from this forum that sides with Mexico?.....damn!......lol
I would say they should move to Mexico but Mexico does not make it easy to work in their country:

https://www.justlanded.com/english/M...s/Work-permits

This is what it takes for an American or any foreign national to legally work in Mexico:

Since a change in legislation in 2012, you need to have a job offer or work contract from a company registered in Mexico to apply for a work permit. The company has to apply for the work permit with the INM and you can stay in Mexico on a tourist visa until you are cited to collect your visa in the Mexican consulate of your home country. You then have to leave Mexico and pass an interview at the consulate abroad, after which you get your work permit.
For the application, the company has to submit various documents, e.g. a proof of tax payments, a list of employees and their nationalities, the personal identification of a designated representative. Furthermore, a copy of your passport or other ID has to be submitted.
Once the application is accepted, the INM will process the case and make a decision within 20 days. If the application is approved by the INM you will have to go to your Mexican consulate and pass an interview to collect your work permit.
After your arrival in Mexico you and your family members must register at the INM within 30 days. Your spouse and children will normally get dependant visas but they are not automatically granted a work permit. If your spouse wants to work in Mexico he or she will have to apply for their own work permit separately.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:15 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I would say they should move to Mexico but Mexico does not make it easy to work in their country:

https://www.justlanded.com/english/M...s/Work-permits

This is what it takes for an American or any foreign national to legally work in Mexico:

Since a change in legislation in 2012, you need to have a job offer or work contract from a company registered in Mexico to apply for a work permit. The company has to apply for the work permit with the INM and you can stay in Mexico on a tourist visa until you are cited to collect your visa in the Mexican consulate of your home country. You then have to leave Mexico and pass an interview at the consulate abroad, after which you get your work permit.
For the application, the company has to submit various documents, e.g. a proof of tax payments, a list of employees and their nationalities, the personal identification of a designated representative. Furthermore, a copy of your passport or other ID has to be submitted.
Once the application is accepted, the INM will process the case and make a decision within 20 days. If the application is approved by the INM you will have to go to your Mexican consulate and pass an interview to collect your work permit.
After your arrival in Mexico you and your family members must register at the INM within 30 days. Your spouse and children will normally get dependant visas but they are not automatically granted a work permit. If your spouse wants to work in Mexico he or she will have to apply for their own work permit separately.
Not saying this is a good or bad thing, but it's similar to most European nations. You have to obtain a job in most Euro nations before you arrive in order to get a work visa, for a company in that nation to be able to hire you and get a work visa issued to you, they have to justify to their government why they need to hire a foreign worker for a position rather than give it to one of their own citizens, etc.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:27 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
Mexico's side of course !

How will we survive without Tequila and Tacos?

Run for the border !

Old 01-28-2017, 07:30 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Great "unbiased" sources you posted!

If and when millions of Americans are illegally immigrating to Mexico, get back to me.
BBC News is biased?

Sorry--I'll get back to you with alternative facts from one of your 'trusted' sources like Breitbart, Gateway Pundit or WND.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:31 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I believe that all of the Americas should belong to the people who were here first.
Set an example: leave.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:34 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,025,987 times
poetic justice be all the Mexicans run back with their machetes and retake the southern states. I of course would not want to see that --or anyone hurt in any way-- just thinking of karma--

Old 01-28-2017, 07:37 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Set an example: leave.
Trump lemmings are such cowardly crybabies.

"Waah...brown people are scary! Let's spend tens of billions to build a fence to keep them away!"

"Ooh...you speak out about our Fearless Orange Leader! Get out of here!"

pfft. Pantywaists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies