Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you on Mexico's side or America's side??
Mexico 36 17.56%
America 169 82.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 08:31 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,952,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
o.k. so you are a Republican or independent that wants NO wall and want to DEPORT all ILLEGALS (MASSIVE DEPORTATIONS)......Is this correct?
I'm an independent who wants this handled in a way that maximizes utility we all PAY for this. What is the cheapest and most effective way to remediate the problem? It's not a wall.

Drones and surveillance, laws that make it harder to expat here. But the single most important? Penalties on those hiring them. I live in AZ and if this were to be the rule, they'd have nowhere to work and leave. Get rid of or make work visas harder to obtain, additionally make the naturalization process quicker so we know who is here.

Heck our SB1070 was on the right track but was preempted by federal law. Well, then enforce it Feds, deport criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 08:33 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Since when did this suddenly become a thing? Trump has started all this America vs Mexico nonsense and that's why Mexico has been defensive lately...and rightfully so

it's not so much "pick a side" as it is "Trump is a moron."
Trump hasn't started anything. Illegal immigration and the trafficking of drugs has been an issue for decades, Trump is one of the first to want to seriously put his foot down.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:43 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm an independent who wants this handled in a way that maximizes utility. What is the cheapest and most effective way to remediate the problem? It's not a wall.

Drones and surveillance, laws that make it harder to expat here. But the single most important? Penalties on those hiring them. I live in AZ and if this were to be the rule, they'd have nowhere to work and leave. Get rid of or make work visas harder to obtain, additionally make the naturalization process quicker so we know who is here.

isn't cheaper and makes more logic to try to stop the massive immigration at the BORDER than letting them get across the border and letting them mix with the population and hide which makes it harder and more expensive to deal with especially if they have babies on U.S. SOIL because those kids will be U.S. Citizens and are entitled to benefits for life?

60% of all illegal immigration get here by the border, 90% of the illegal drug trafficking from the Mexican drug cartels comes in by the border which causes all kinds of problems to our communities and expenses.

doesn't make sense to secure the border first before it gets to our population which makes it harder and more expensive to deal with?

again, the wall and more security on the border will NOT solve all the problem but it will bring the numbers down. The U.S. has every right to secure our borders and control the flow of who enters our country and if the border is the source of most of our problems then you start there.

At least Trump has a plan....what is the Democrat plan again? if you get here you get to stay, Democrats don't break up families, that's their policy.....Bernie Sanders and the Progressive wing of the party wants to give them free healthcare and free college.....that's not going to bring down illegal immigration down it will make it worse.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:45 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm an independent who wants this handled in a way that maximizes utility we all PAY for this. What is the cheapest and most effective way to remediate the problem? It's not a wall.

Heck our SB1070 was on the right track but was preempted by federal law. Well, then enforce it Feds, deport criminals.
Geezus, it's not just the wall all by itself. Why can't you guys grasp that? I have already posted links denoting how the double layered wall has been very effective where it's already been erected. Posting proof and then denying that it would work? How do you even describe such a ridiculous mindset?

We've already discussed going after the employers and yes that needs to be a part of the solution also but criminals and terrorists aren't looking for work. Unless we rescind birthright citizenship and benefits for them and their kids removing just the job incentives for them won't work either. It has to be an all inclusive solution including the wall!!

It's not just the "convicted" criminal type that should be deported it should be all of them and I'm not talking about mass round ups either. I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall in here. You just can't get through to the clueless.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
poetic justice be all the Mexicans run back with their machetes and retake the southern states. I of course would not want to see that --or anyone hurt in any way-- just thinking of karma--
There'd be NO Mexico left IF those people were acting THAT stupid. NEVER bring a knife to a gun fight.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:55 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
if we don't secure the border first, the rest doesn't matter.....its like trying to fix the bathroom tiles from the mold without dealing with the water leak first.

its cheaper to control the flow of illegal immigration at the border than letting them join the population and hide,,,,,then its harder and cost more money and if they have babies on our soil then it really complicated that will tie the courts for years another expense for the taxpayers.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
This cowgirl from Kentucky has been riding the US job roller-coaster for probably more years than you've been alive. Landscape jobs paid peanuts in 1973 and they pay even less now. I had to get a crappy low paid job of my own just so we could scrape by on that and my hubby's landscaping job pay. Construction is a whole different thing - at least around here. A good carpenter or contractor can make a pretty decent wage in my part of the world. Colorado is booming and they can't build Denver's new suburbs fast enough. Get the hell out of your rust belt town and go somewhere that offers sweeter fare than your bitter whine.

All the more reason for the American people to hold Congress and the Giant Corporations accountable for their shady, wink-wink, nod-nod backroom mega-buck deals which rob the American worker of decent jobs at decent pay. But if you're really that desperate, DM me and I'll have a word with the ranch foreman and see if he can't give you that minimum wage center pivot irrigation job I mentioned in my previous post. Show up here in SW Colorado no later than mid-April and knock yourself out. If you're lucky and the water keeps flowing, you might be able to make 8 bucks an hour until around October sometime. After that you'll be on your own, and I suspect you won't have made many friends to turn to. But knock yourself out. BTW, Ritchie don't like boys with an attitude, so I'd tone it down when you're around him. Another great American job for another great American. Go for it, buddy.

YOUR source? What damn source? The dog? The ISIS recruitment web page? I don't play games with people who can't even name a source and give a link to it. MY source says I'm the Queen of the Nile, and don't you forget it, pal. It's been real, but I'm getting bored with all this fake information - yours included.
FYI, I don't live in the rust belt I live in So. Calif. where illegals have flooded our state and I have seen the devastation to our state's blue-collared American workforce because of illegal immigration. It's not about me as I'm retired but I care about my fellow Americans in this state and every state in the union. Objecting to illegal immigration is a bitter whine now?

Why should Calif. construction workers have to move to Colorado to get a job and leave their families behind when there are enough of them here that have been taken by illegal aliens? I'm sure there are plenty of illegal aliens doing those jobs in Colorado also and unless you speak espanol and are willing to work for dirt wages you don't have a chance at them anyway. You just don't get it do you or your agenda whatever it is doesn't allow you to get it. People like you always have a vested interest in illegal immigration for personal reasons.

My source for what illegal aliens cost us is below and I have already posted it numerous times. Sorry, that you have missed it. What does ISIS have to do with illegal immigration? You're got a nasty, snarky attitude. I don't debate with uncivil people who act like juveniles. Welcome to my ignore list!

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

Old 01-28-2017, 09:10 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Since when did this suddenly become a thing? Trump has started all this America vs Mexico nonsense and that's why Mexico has been defensive lately...and rightfully so

it's not so much "pick a side" as it is "Trump is a moron."
No offence, but, your comments reveal a level of ignorance regarding the Us vs Mexico situation that is evident to anyone reading your post. There has always been problems between the two countries and now that a true patriot is the President of the United States of America, he is going about setting things straight. Do a little research into the history of the usa/mexico. For crying out loud!

Old 01-28-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if we don't secure the border first, the rest doesn't matter.....its like trying to fix the bathroom tiles from the mold without dealing with the water leak first.

its cheaper to control the flow of illegal immigration at the border than letting them join the population and hide,,,,,then its harder and cost more money and if they have babies on our soil then it really complicated that will tie the courts for years another expense for the taxpayers.

Exactly! Excellent post!

Old 01-28-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
You blame politicians when you really should be blaming corporations. Corporations got greedy and wanted more profit margins, so they moved production overseas.

Also, blame technology as well. Before the internet and live television, it was difficult to keep up with news in other countries, so people kept to themselves. In today's world with social media, it's easy to keep up with what's going on in the world.

Lastly, blame inexpensive air travel. Decades ago, you needed to be rich to travel abroad. Nowadays, just about anyone can travel abroad.

There are radicals everywhere. Instead of worrying about Islamic radicals, why not get rid of American radicals first? They pose more of a threat to our safety than some bozo in the Middle East.

There are three guilty parties here in regards to illegal immigration. Those who hire them, our government/politicians and the illegals themselves. Liberals only want to blame the firs two but that latter blameless according to them. Why is that? These illegals know they are breaking the law but they do so anyway. I just don't get it.

As for your remarks about terrorism they are so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. We can't get rid of our own home grown terrorists because as citizens they are allowed to be in this country. All we can do is to make them face justice for their dirty deeds and be more vigilent in reporting suspicious activity. We can however prevent those from known terrorist countries from coming here by not allowing them in here in the first place. Why is it so hard for liberals to understand that? They allow their bleeding hearts to rule them with emotion rather than common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies