Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you on Mexico's side or America's side??
Mexico 36 17.56%
America 169 82.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 12:52 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
Do I love America? Of course. Is this really US against Mexico?

Trump wants to stop illegal immigration and I agree with that. Will a wall solve that? I doubt it. They'll come by boats, through airports (tourist visas), through Canada; they'll be inventive and go around it. So we'll spend $14 billion for a wall (Mexico will never pay for it - they can't afford it), and we'll still have illegal immigrants coming in.

We really don't a gripe with the Mexican government, but I can see how the notion of a wall offends them.

Just my opinion. I know that others differ wildly.
Up to this point, we have been offended every day as their surplus population pours through our borders unabated. We are going to stop it, and now they are offended? They are offended because their cut of drug profits will shrink. Also, the trade deficits will start to shrink as more companies stop plans on moving there.

They lost billions in revenue when Ford decided not to build there. <<That is good start to them paying for the wall IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 01:04 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Nope sorry señor wall will be going up. Less refugees coming in. Less illegal immigrants. Criminals will be deported. The country will be safer with less rapists and less religious nutjobs and Anti-Americans that you support.

Time to put America first sorry if you don't like it you can move or go back to Mexico. I'll chip in on your bus fare ok buddy I'll have a burrito from the Mexican restaurant down the road later in your honor.
I doubt even 5% of it gets built before the next POTUS cancels it.

PS: Opposing Trump and his Deplorables is the most pro-American thing you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
They lost billions in revenue when Ford decided not to build there. <<That is good start to them paying for the wall IMHO
Trump supporter logic: hurting Mexico's economy = them paying for the wall.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:11 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
Do I love America? Of course. Is this really US against Mexico?

Trump wants to stop illegal immigration and I agree with that. Will a wall solve that? I doubt it. They'll come by boats, through airports (tourist visas), through Canada; they'll be inventive and go around it. So we'll spend $14 billion for a wall (Mexico will never pay for it - they can't afford it), and we'll still have illegal immigrants coming in.

We really don't a gripe with the Mexican government, but I can see how the notion of a wall offends them.

Just my opinion. I know that others differ wildly.

The wall won't stop illegal immigration 100% but should that be the goal if we can instead deter a good number of them by building it? Those who oppose the wall aren't making any sense.

As for Mexico being offended by it are they worried about offending those from the south of their border with their wall? Kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 01-28-2017, 01:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Trump supporter logic: hurting Mexico's economy = them paying for the wall.
Lame left wing logic = hurt the US economy to help Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I doubt even 5% of it gets built before the next POTUS cancels it.

PS: Opposing Trump and his Deplorables is the most pro-American thing you can do.
At the rate things are going people like you are ensuring the Pubs will hold all three branches for decades.

Feel free to continue living in your alternate reality.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:24 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
If you want to go fight some long, protracted guerrilla war with Mexico, leave the rest of us out of it. It's bad enough that we are constantly sending our young men and women to fight fake wars in places like Iraq; far worse if we send them off to be killed in hostilities with our next door neighbor just because a few disgruntled white boys in the US can't be bothered to go find a job somewhere else in the US that's not in the rust belt or the impoverished rural south.

I'd rather give my state of Colorado back to Mexico then hand it over to the crazy folks on this thread who want to go to war to save great American jobs like digging up rutabagas for 3 bucks an hour. Right now the unemployment rate in this country is around 5%. If anyone here can't go find themselves a job, it's highly likely that they have only themselves to blame. Between the cost of building Iron Curtain II which - make no doubt - we the tax-payers will end up paying for by one sleight of hand or the other and the cost of putting boots on the ground in Mexico City, our national debt will have soared off into the stratosphere somewhere. And for what? So the Bubbas of this country can snap up some terrific job as a landscaper which is only seasonal work at best, pays next to nothing and never ever includes benefits of any sort?

You wanna know who is responsible for the downturn in good middle class jobs in this country? Go look in the mirror. If you want to be a member of a great democracy, you can't sit around the trailer park doing nothing but sniffing glue and guzzling six packs while complaining how terribly wronged you have been by the Commie Liberals and the illegal everyone who doesn't look just like you. Well, at least you got the Commie thing right. I can't wait to see what the esteemed Mr. Putin is going to do when the Idiot in Chief hands him the keys to this country. Anyone here bother to get an education or acquire a skills set that is in demand by many employers? Ever bother to get your information from a source that's not Fox or Rush Limbaugh? Ever bother to write your elected representatives and demand that they stop playing footsie with wealthy CEO's and do something for their constituents instead? Ever call up an elected official and demand a face to face meeting - hell, do a town hall - with you and a few hundred of your friends who are as angry about out-sourcing and wealth inequality as you are?

Nah, never mind. That's too much trouble and there's still another 6 pack in the cooler. So you do what any other American patriot would do. Blame the guy you know you can beat up and avoid looking anyone else in the eye. Why should you when you can have so much fun getting drunk/high/stoned and post diatribes on the Internet to a bunch of your fellow malcontents. How do you "make America great again"? By making America's citizens great citizens in a participatory Democracy. Use it or lose it. Right now you guys are out there hopelessly lost in the kudzu. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Nope, we'll give them California (gladly). The rest is OURS.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:52 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
I'm on the American side, which means it wouldn't be to my benefit if Mexico's economy collapses and suddenly 50 million people are trying to flee to the USA. We need to renegotiate NAFTA but a 20% tariff is too much and will cause food and oil imports from Mexico to have a retaliation tariff. We need a wall that controls who comes in so we can let in the good without the bad, not stop all human migrations between our two nations.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:03 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm on the American side, which means it wouldn't be to my benefit if Mexico's economy collapses and suddenly 50 million people are trying to flee to the USA. We need to renegotiate NAFTA but a 20% tariff is too much and will cause food and oil imports from Mexico to have a retaliation tariff. We need a wall that controls who comes in so we can let in the good without the bad, not stop all human migrations between our two nations.
All human migration between Canada and the US is tightly controlled.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
I'm on the side of whoever we've always been at war with.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I'm on the side of whoever we've always been at war with.
Then please find yourself another country to move TO.

Had you been saying that kind of stuff during WW 2; you probably would've been arrested.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:23 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
the mexican governmebt is a hologram and offensive hologram that shows no embarassment at their people leaving by the millions. They send us the felons we return to them, enable human trafficing which includes child prostitution, deal in drugs and in no way do anything to stop the flow of illegal immigration into the US at great expense to us.

The murder rate in mexico warrants intervention from the UN but not a whimper for the human rights violations mexico enables.

We only hope the shill of a mexican president is offended. If we used his standard, we would have invaded mexico and taken control of it from the drug lords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies