Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 02:33 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
NATO is vital and Trump is messing it up.
NATO is not "vital" and if Europeans want collective defense, they'll have to organize it and pay for it themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:34 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Just watching a little bit of the May, Trump press conference....
May had to school that fool trump.
1 Russia
2 Torture,
3 Nato, .
All three she had to school Trump.
He is a walking turd who does not understand the greater world around him.
May had to explain to him should he try to lift sanctions he would receive zero support from the EU and that they would keep all sanctions in place.
May had to remind him the UK will not support Torture of any kind.
May had to put words in Trumps mouth ref NATO, and she even stroked Trump's insecurities by allowing him an "out" on NATO. ie pretend they would make changes etc.
NATO is vital and Trump is messing it up. trump has May in his corner only until she can turn one. after that she will distance , nobody wants his stink on their party....
It is a full flow SHat SHOW.
Is there some sort of point or queston between your defecation references?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:34 PM

7,679 posts, read 5,524,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I don't understand why liberals don't want our allies to pay their fair share. We are massively in debt.
Simple solution. Reduce your military spending.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:38 PM

736 posts, read 353,346 times
Quote:
I get it. You don't want to discuss the matter at hand so instead attack formatting... good for you.

BUT it does not change the facts, Trump handled himself like a fool and May took him to school...
Perhaps he doesn't care about NATO or Russia? If Trump were to pull out of NATO, then what does it matter what May says on the subject of NATO. Personally, I would rather the US pull out NATO unless Europe foots the bill. I would rather try something new than keep trying what we been doing. Instead of fighting Russia perhaps cooperate with Russia. For example, the Syrian civil war would be long over if Russia and the west were to support one side, the Syrian government. However, the United States and the west have supported the rebels, which by the way a few might be radical Islamist. The United States has removed two dictators, Saddam and the Gaddafi, which has resulted in destabilizing the region and massive immigration. The United States course of action in the region has brought nothing but suffering to the average person. People who were interviewed after the fall of these dictators have done a 180 and now say life was better under those dictators.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:41 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The content was not the issue...he cannot speak so I gave the forum and you an example. So you are thinking that it has changed? LOL

Want a more recent examples? They are all over the freakin' Internet.

I still don't understand what point you're trying to make to me. All I said was that the conference with May/Trump went fine today.

I never made a talking point about HOW Trump speaks. I never said he's a great speaker.

It's as if you're trying to create an argument in your own mind.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:51 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,656,467 times
Quote:
I get it. You don't want to discuss the matter at hand so instead attack formatting... good for you.

BUT it does not change the facts, Trump handled himself like a fool and May took him to school...
You have a link you want to share with the forum?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:03 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
Do you really think that the average American really care about Nato, Russia, or torture? People care more about their pockets and jobs than the problems of other nations. We shouldn't spend any money defending some foreign country. It's their country let them defend it. If they want our security, then let them foot the bill. Nato countries have been taking advantage of us. They don't spend nearly as much in military, which allows their government to better provide for their citizens.

What Russia annex was part of the Russia, but was given to Ukraine by khrushchev. I have no problem with Russia annexing Crimea. As for torture, Trump is willing to torture terrorist for information.

Lets be realistic here. A poor person working minimum wage job. Do you think such a person really gives a fly about NATO or Russia? Spending billions on NATO and several more billions on countering Russia. That person is probably asking why the US government is spending billions on foreign countries. That is what you don't understand.The average person doesn't care about NATO or Russia.
Well, I'm an average person and I care about NATO, about torture, about selling our nation out to Russia.

I have kids and high hopes for grandkids. I have a niece graduating from a military Academy in a few months, a neighborhood kid I watched grow up who is now in the military.

I wish we weren't spending so much on the military too. I wish we had never invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. It's the nightmare that never ends. We had a fool for a president then and we have a a fool for president now.

As to the person struggling along on a minimum wage job, I wish the minimum wage was a living wage. I'm tired of picking up the $6+ billion a year tab to subsidize Walmart employees. Insist that Walmart pay them a decent wage. It's the cost of doing business. Why should my taxes be subsidizing a corporation that made $132 billion profit last fiscal year?

Lot of those minimum wage workers end up in the military where they care a lot about torture, NATO, and selling our nation out to Russia.

For someone calling themselves Logic, there's a surprising lack of it in your post.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:18 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
NATO is not "vital" and if Europeans want collective defense, they'll have to organize it and pay for it themselves.
NATO is still vital if America goes to war in the Middle East, Africa, or anywhere on the European continent. Without our NATO bases, we have no fast response or effective supply lines. We are no more able to adequately supply an army 5,000 miles away from our shores now than we have ever been in the past if we leave NATO.

If a nation does not have protected supply lines, it loses a war. Military fact that's ancient and still as true as ever.

The NATO nations are actually America's first, fastest response to them all. And the participating members are making their own extensive contributions, as they know the U.S. has their back.

The U.S. no longer dominates NATO planning like it once did, either. During the Libyan revolution, the NATO expedition was neither planned or conducted by the United States leading the way and paying the bills. It was planned and done by other NATO nations, who bore the brunt of the costs, and our participation was much limited in comparison; hardly more than a token show of support on our part.

It was that NATO intervention that also made a mess of Libya afterwards, not us.

But Iraq was evidence that we are as co-dependent on them as they are on us. While few of our allies joined Bush in his folly, Bush still had the use of all NATO's supply lines, and our forward based military hospitals, intelligence centers, and electronic warfare stuff was still supplied by our NATO bases.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:43 PM

736 posts, read 353,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Well, I'm an average person and I care about NATO, about torture, about selling our nation out to Russia.

I have kids and high hopes for grandkids. I have a niece graduating from a military Academy in a few months, a neighborhood kid I watched grow up who is now in the military.

I wish we weren't spending so much on the military too. I wish we had never invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. It's the nightmare that never ends. We had a fool for a president then and we have a a fool for president now.

As to the person struggling along on a minimum wage job, I wish the minimum wage was a living wage. I'm tired of picking up the $6+ billion a year tab to subsidize Walmart employees. Insist that Walmart pay them a decent wage. It's the cost of doing business. Why should my taxes be subsidizing a corporation that made $132 billion profit last fiscal year?

Lot of those minimum wage workers end up in the military where they care a lot about torture, NATO, and selling our nation out to Russia.

For someone calling themselves Logic, there's a surprising lack of it in your post.
A logical person doesn't need to insult people. Insults never persuaded anyone. Perhaps if you went to school you wouldn't be working minimum wage jobs and could form proper arguments. By your logical you would be ok calling Obama a fool since he did remove Gaddafi like Bush removed Saddam. How many soldiers care about the consequence of torture, but have no problem with torture specifically? The point is this, many years after Trump has left office, people who tortured might be arrested and charge for torture. That is why many soldier or CIA operative will not openly get involved with torture. Torture is as old as the human race. Torture does extra information from some people, which is why it still done secretly by many governments. For example, the South Korean government used torture to extra information after the fall of the fourth republic to identify people who participated in the failed coup. If torture were ineffective for extracting information, then torture would not still be used today.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Just watching a little bit of the May, Trump press conference....

May had to school that fool trump.

1 Russia
2 Torture,
3 Nato, .

All three she had to school Trump.

He is a walking turd who does not understand the greater world around him.
May had to explain to him should he try to lift sanctions he would receive zero support from the EU and that they would keep all sanctions in place.

May had to remind him the UK will not support Torture of any kind.

May had to put words in Trumps mouth ref NATO, and she even stroked Trump's insecurities by allowing him an "out" on NATO. ie pretend they would make changes etc.

NATO is vital and Trump is messing it up. trump has May in his corner only until she can turn one. after that she will distance , nobody wants his stink on their party....

It is a full flow SHat SHOW.
And now Trump is for NATO and against torture? A man of no beliefs whatsoever. Trump shouldn't do press conferences with other world leaders. They make him sound rather dumb.

Oh yeah--he is. It is becoming quite clear that this twitterhead will not be the leader of the free world. He's just not smart enough and has no principles at all--the other leaders are simply going to brush him aside and let Putin pull his strings. This is what happens when a reality show host is promoted over his pay grade.

The question with Trump is who will be the boss of him? Will he listen to the cabinet or Bannon? Bannon is crazy and doesn't belong anywhere near the WH. Conway should just stay out of world affairs and stick to bashing the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies