Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 11:56 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
The US Supreme Court does make law when it interprets the Constitution. That's what common law is. It is rare that SCOTUS reverses itself, but it does happen: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brow...d_of_Education
I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 01:59 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,001,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
Good for him !
100 % of federal employees salaries go straight to the federal deficit , and they contribute Zero to the country's GDP.

The EPA Costs American's 10's of thousands of jobs, and costs corporation billions.
That's what you think will happen? Lol. That money will be spent on something else. Your taxes won't go down.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:55 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I can't believe one federal agency needs 15,000 employees!
Especially when states have their own environmental orgs. See TCEQ in Texas.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:36 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
That was 1990. the EPA, like most govt agencies have expanded GREATLY since then and are doing things way beyond what that 1990 objective was and MUCH bigger then when they statred in 1970

In 1970 they had 4,084 employees, with a budget of $1,003,984,000
In 2016 they had 15,376 employees with a budget of $8,139,887,000

https://www.epa.gov/planandbudget/budget
Congress has given them more responsibilities since 1970. And a dollar today buys less than a dollar in 1970, everyone knows that I think.

Federal employment has not grown but shrunk under Obama.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...nt-since-1962/

Old 01-28-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Unbolding your stressed part of that comment and bolding another part.
Do you see the word WILL rather than "would likely'?
Trump's EPA nominee is against the clean water and clean air acts. He's been involved in many lawsuits to attempt to allow for more pollution. He's against the existence of the EPA. I think it's safe to say that unless Congress or the courts stop him, Trump and his nominee will do what Trump's team member there said.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
WOW, liberals have such poor reading comprehension problems.

"Not without the EPA."

Trump may layoff as many as 7,500 - 10,000 EPA employees according to Head of EPA Transition Team

Do you see ANYWHERE it says he is going dismantle the EPA?

I wish he would but, that is NOT what the article says, now does it?

Take the programs that are needed, like some of those mentioned in previous post, clean air, etc. and keep those.

We do NOT need an ENTIRE over bloated agency to accomplish these needed programs.
It appears to me you only read the headline and nothing else.

Did you catch this:

"President Trump said during the campaign that he would like to abolish the EPA, or 'leave a little bit,'" Ebell said."

Trump to Slash the EPA's Workforce and Budget: Official | Time.com

Old 01-28-2017, 11:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Two things, I believe Trump understands that we need to protect our environment. I also believe, based on his success in business, he understand resource needs. With that said, cut onerous regulations and the bodies that were needed to enforce them AS LONG AS we continue reasonable regulations that protect our environment.
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't trust someone who builds hotels to tell me how many regulations we need or don't need to protect the environment.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:00 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Congress has given them more responsibilities since 1970. And a dollar today buys less than a dollar in 1970, everyone knows that I think.

Federal employment has not grown but shrunk under Obama.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...nt-since-1962/
"Federal employment has not grown but shrunk under Obama."

How many contractors have been added?

I worked for Uncle Sam and went through this with Clinton.

His admin boasted about how they had "shrunk" gov't employment when in actuality all the did was change many managers to "Team Leader" and hired contractors.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Trump's EPA nominee is against the clean water and clean air acts. He's been involved in many lawsuits to attempt to allow for more pollution. He's against the existence of the EPA. I think it's safe to say that unless Congress or the courts stop him, Trump and his nominee will do what Trump's team member there said.
"Trump's EPA nominee is against the clean water and clean air acts."

That is a GROSS exaggeration.

He is FOR clean air and water.

He is AGAINST the far reaching regulations that the EPA has ADDED since its inception.

Yours is the typical dem attack.

Whenever the repubs want change things in the their mibs fir the better, the left goes bonkers with wild accusations and exaggeration.

just like when the repubs were tryi g to make some changes a few years ago and the dms aired a TV ad showing granny in her wheelchair being pushed over the cliff, claiming the repubs did not care for the elderly.

Yhey, and you, deal in emotion, NOT facts.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
It appears to me you only read the headline and nothing else.

Did you catch this:

"President Trump said during the campaign that he would like to abolish the EPA, or 'leave a little bit,'" Ebell said."

Trump to Slash the EPA's Workforce and Budget: Official | Time.com
Candidates during elections say all sorts of things.

Do you want me to start posting all the things Obama, Hillary and all the other dems have said during a campaign.

like I said, I AM for abolishing the EPA.

Take the NEEDED programs and put them under another agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies