Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 04:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is not the President I wanted. Sadly, this is what I'm stuck with. He is going after the legal immigrants. Who comes next?
Temporarily stopping entry is "going after" in a manner that you link with violent ethnic cleansing?

Again, you people, for all of your disingenuous lies, deserve the full force of whatever snap-back comes.

You are likely to make things much worse with this type of crying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 04:30 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah but how long is that going to take? They don't even have a waiver in place or plans to address that, as far as I can tell. No form to file, no timeline for how long it will take to process. This should have all been worked out BEFORE the order was signed. What a mess.

If you are a lawful permanent resident you have a RIGHT to work and live in the US and travel outside of the US. The executive branch enforces immigration law. They don't have the right to change it.
Actually NO - a legal resident Non-Citizen doesn't have a "Right" to live in the USA, they have Legal Permission.
When they travel out of the USA - they must use their home Country Passport, they don't have a US Passport. There are a lot of restrictions to their travel, how often they go, how long they stay, how long they have been gone and even where they went. Any time they Travel, they are well aware that they do NOT hold a US Passport & that Travel restrictions can occur.

They will go through a more comprehensive review on their way back in - they won't be "rubber stamped" back in or be able to use the new computer entry. If they are wise - they will wait their turn and not cause a stink. They have ZERO guarantee of re-entry - they have a Foreign Passport.

When I travel abroad - I have ZERO guarantee that I will be allowed into or out of any Foreign Country.
Their Country - I must follow their rules and rules can "change" depending on circumstances.

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
AP source: Trump ban affects all non-U.S. citizens, including green card holders | PBS NewsHour

According to federal officials it does apply to green card holders, at least that's how DHS is interpreting it. They said there is an "exemption" available but they haven't even developed a process yet to consider those requests.
In short, fake news.

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
What planet are some of you on? Obama an embarrassment compared to this loon? This is almost pure comedy gold.
Enjoy it for the next four years while the idiots EOs are dismantled one by one.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
What planet are some of you on? Obama an embarrassment compared to this loon? This is almost pure comedy gold.
Yup. We laughed our way into the White House on the back of Obama's policies. And, with your type of attitude, we'll be there and strong for a long time to come.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:32 PM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
12 refugees detained under ban after Trump's order; one released | Fox News

"A U.S. federal law enforcement official says any non-U.S. citizen from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen is now barred from entering the United States.

That covers legal permanent residents -- green card holders -- and visa-holders from those seven countries who are out of the United States after Friday, when President Donald Trump signed an executive order with the temporary ban. They cannot return to the U.S. for 90 days.
Ridiculous! One his employees, he hired from overseas to work at his hotels, might get angry and fire up ... Never mind- Not calling for violence or destruction of property, but ....

Old 01-28-2017, 04:33 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Sucks to be them.

The bigger embarrassment was the well spoken and clean idiot who thankfully departed.
This executive order is embarrassing, he didn't have the common sense to understand that people were in transit and would bee detained. You need to explain to me what happens to these peoples lives that are suddenly upended, he should have made the date sometime in the future not immediate. We are looking at amateur hour.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Sad. These people came here legally, the right way. They have homes, jobs and families in the US. These people are taxpaying members of our country and many perform high-skilled labor and are productive members of society. Tech workers, engineers, doctors. He could have at least put these people on notice so they could make travel arrangements to return. There was no advance warning about permanent residents being barred entry, just visa applicants and refugees. There will most definitely be lawsuits.

I find it interesting that Saudi Arabia isn't on the list of banned countries, even though Saudi Arabia is the mother ship of radical Islamic extremism and exports it all over the world. And their citizens can still get a visa and come to the US. Didn't really make sense, but then I remembered, Trump does business in Saudi Arabia.

Unknown number of U.S. permanent residents stuck overseas as a result of Trump's immigration ban - LA Times
Life's a ***** when you are from a Muslim country that promotes terrorism. How many that were "here legally" committed terrorist acts in the past? The Boston Bombers come to mind for starters.

We can't take chances. People die when we do that. The Ohio terrorist was here legally too (Ohio state).

Why don't you volunteer to take a Syrian Refugee into your home? I'm sure there are some here that are in need, as Obama, as one of his last acts, admitted another 500.

Side note: Strange that the word "b i t c h" is blocked out, since it is a legitimate word for a female of the canine species. (dog is the male).

Old 01-28-2017, 04:36 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Why don't you head over to Yemen and report back on how nice and friendly they are over there
Irrelevant

We're talking about protecting the US from terrorism.

Do it right or don't do it until you can get it right

Old 01-28-2017, 04:36 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Ridiculous! One his employees, he hired from overseas to work at his hotels, might get angry and fire up ... Never mind- Not calling for violence or destruction of property, but ....
Fake news.

Green card holders have a legal right to enter US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies