Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 08:25 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No the left didn't lose bigly as Trump puts it.Hillary lost the EC and that is what matters..
It matters not, Trump won, America won, and you lost..!
Trump will grow on you, if now at the end of four years, surely by the end of eight years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 03:37 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Your right Grumpy ol' Man,thank you for speaking the truth buddy!!

Yes America did lose......... IT IS BEING TAKEN DOWN THE GUTTER AND WE CANT DO A THING ABOUT IT......

Old 02-18-2017, 03:46 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Indeed so!!!!

I have heard Trump will either be impeached or will resign by July...... We shall see......
Although many disagree a Pence presidency will be an improvement over this current embarrassment. I hope you are correct but I predict it will take a little more time than that.

BTW - that video sucked.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:50 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
At least some people are adding a new word to their vocabulary. Next we need a video teaching them to use "impeachment" in a sentence.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:56 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
At least some people are adding a new word to their vocabulary. Next we need a video teaching them to use "impeachment" in a sentence.
They don't even know what "cloture" is, but we'll humor the little ignoramuses anyway.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:46 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Default Democrats seek to quell Trump impeachment talk

Remember this from a day or two ago?

Comey briefs senators amid furor over Trump-Russia ties - POLITICO

Now today we have this headline.

Democrats seek to quell Trump impeachment talk - POLITICO

Headlines like this don't happen in vacuum. The Democrat leadership is using Politico to signal it's base.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:27 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
I just noticed this on conservative site Hot Air. Reince Priebus made it clear in an interview with Chris Wallace this morning that the NYT story this week about the Trump campaign having contact with Russian intelligence agents was complete nonsense.

"The New York Times, last week, put out an article with no direct sources that said that the Trump campaign had constant contacts with Russian spies, basically treasonous type accusations,” Priebus said. “I can assure you, and I’ve been approved to say this, that the top levels of the intelligence community have assured me that that story is not only inaccurate, but it’s grossly overstated and it’s wrong and there’s nothing to it,” he continued. “If I can say that to the American people then what does it say about the story,” he said" Reince Priebus: Top intelligence official says the NY Times story on Russian contacts is ‘complete garbage’ « Hot Air

So the Democrat leadership is getting the word out to their base through Politico to knock off the impeachment talk and Priebus has been approved by the administration to assure Trump's base there has been no wrongdoing.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:36 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
I kind of like the impeachment talk.

I suspect Obama felt the same way about the birther talk. Birther talk made fools of those who promoted it, and it took them years to wind it down. Meanwhile, no harm was done because none of those people would ever vote for Obama, and no one was convinced by their theories. If anything, it drove people away from the Republican party.

Same with impeachment talk. No one with half a brain think Trump can be impeached by a Republican led legislature. And having people march around in funny hats waving signs about impeachment reflects poorly on the intellectual level of the Democratic party. Just drives people away.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:42 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I kind of like the impeachment talk.

I suspect Obama felt the same way about the birther talk. Birther talk made fools of those who promoted it, and it took them years to wind it down. Meanwhile, no harm was done because none of those people would ever vote for Obama, and no one was convinced by their theories. If anything, it drove people away from the Republican party.

Same with impeachment talk. No one with half a brain think Trump can be impeached by a Republican led legislature. And having people march around in funny hats waving signs about impeachment reflects poorly on the intellectual level of the Democratic party. Just drives people away.
Well, the big difference is that Obama had all the mainstream press on his side, and he didn't focus on irrelevant stuff like his election and ratings. Obama stayed on message. Trump can't seem to know when to shut up, but one hopes he does learn within the next few weeks at least. I can't handle four years of this stuff.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:16 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, the big difference is that Obama had all the mainstream press on his side, and he didn't focus on irrelevant stuff like his election and ratings. Obama stayed on message. Trump can't seem to know when to shut up, but one hopes he does learn within the next few weeks at least. I can't handle four years of this stuff.
Can't argue with you much, there. Obama was a pro - no doubt about it.

But I like Trump's cabinet, administration, and message much better. Whereas Obama felt that America was fundamentally unfair and tried to tilt the tables to favor those he felt were disadvantaged, Trump seems to feel that the table needs to be leveled and cleaned up a little, thereby giving everyone a fair chance at success.

In other words, if it was racist to tilt the table one way in 1950, it is also racist to tilt the table the other way in 2017.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies