Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 07:05 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times

Advertisements

Yes, Pence is more conservative and I don't relish him being President.

However, right is right and wrong is wrong.

trump has obstructed justice by firing Comey who was getting too close to trump and his russian connections.

trump has to be impeached, and yes, the result is not pretty, but I'd prefer we go back to The Rule Of Law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 07:14 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Although I seriously doubt it, one can only hope this barf-bag "so-called" president will get impeached.

He should go back to being host of another lame offshoot reality TV show.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:15 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Coming soon.The call is getting louder and louder ,what is your opinion?
My opinion is that it will not happen during the 115th United States Congress.

After that ... who knows?

Old 05-11-2017, 07:16 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
So what? A Republican replaced Nixon. Even had an aircraft carrier named after him. People are still stupid enough to vote Republican.
Lol - not the point. The point is they might not like the alternative as much as they think. Plus, I have been absolutely shocked at the number of people who actually think, or at one time thought, if they impeached Trump the new president would be Hillary. We really do need to improve our civics education.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:16 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
trump has obstructed justice by firing Comey who was getting too close to trump and his russian connections.

trump has to be impeached, and yes, the result is not pretty, but I'd prefer we go back to The Rule Of Law.
Nobody who has seen the evidence agrees with you.

The press is pulling a fast one on you again. They fooled you with the election polls, and you are going back for more.

Listen to the people who are trying the case. They have repeatedly stated that there is nothing there with Trump and Russia. If/When they start changing their tune, then you should get your hopes up.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:20 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
To be honest, as a liberal, Pence scares me more than Trump. Pence is about as far right as you can go when it comes to his core values. Trump isn't even a true conservative, he just had to acted like one to get votes.

Still, at least he's a career politician that knows how to act like a president. He knows how the system works. Donald Trump is an ****ing disgrace to the office and an embarrassment to our country.

I'm not looking forward to Pence, but at least if Trump quits/impeached, we'll no longer have an imbecile running the free world. Pence scares me, but at least he won't go on crazy Twitter rampages at 3:00 AM.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:29 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Stop for just a minute and ask yourself why this might be happening , especially with millions and millions of people feeling this way. Get it out of your mind that it has anything to do with "us losing" the election, we have lost before, and never had this level of concern about it. We are fighting back because of WHO is in that office. Donald Trump is uniquely unqualified to be President of this country, and is, even worse, a true danger to our Democracy and safety.

We see so many signs in him of mental instability that your side somehow dismisses. When we say he is bats*** crazy, we are not being funny, we mean it.
I don't know what uniquely unqualified means. He is legally qualified. He doesn't have political experience - and honestly, people are tired of politicians with plenty of "experience" selling the country off to the highest bidder.

I don't understand how he is a danger to democracy and safety.

I totally get that Trump is an amateur. Unlike yourself, I am giving him a chance to learn on the job. Does he make stupid statements, yes. Name for me the person that doesn't. Is he going to do everything I like, no.

One thing for sure - you will not get the best out of Trump by constantly poking at him for stupid stuff and false controversies. On his part - he does need to cut the whiny tweets that he posts.

I know people want to believe he is mentally unstable - he is self-centered, but not mentally unstable. You don't get to where he is being mentally unstable. He is where he is because he is more disciplined in his business practice than 99% of the people. He won the campaign even though he was outspent multiple times over because he is disciplined in what he does.

I just wonder how different the atmosphere would be the if the propaganda news media simply reported the news and did not take an active role in the political process.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:34 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't know what uniquely unqualified means. He is legally qualified. He doesn't have political experience - and honestly, people are tired of politicians with plenty of "experience" selling the country off to the highest bidder.

I don't understand how he is a danger to democracy and safety.

I totally get that Trump is an amateur. Unlike yourself, I am giving him a chance to learn on the job. Does he make stupid statements, yes. Name for me the person that doesn't. Is he going to do everything I like, no.

One thing for sure - you will not get the best out of Trump by constantly poking at him for stupid stuff and false controversies. On his part - he does need to cut the whiny tweets that he posts.

I know people want to believe he is mentally unstable. You don't get to where he is being mentally unstable. He is where he is because he is more disciplined in his business practice than 99% of the people. He won the campaign even though he was outspent multiple times over because he is disciplined in what he does.

I just wonder how different the atmosphere would be the if the media simply reported the news and did not take an active role in the political process.
Bold: Ironic that you would use that phrase..since it appears to many of us that Trump and his family are grabbing as much cash as they can..as fast as they can. The selling of access..the 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' mentality that is so pervasive in Trump's White House, is a big reason many of us feel that he's a danger...how can he look out after our interests when he is so busy looking out after his own?

Old 05-11-2017, 07:35 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
To be honest, as a liberal, Pence scares me more than Trump.
As well he should any liberal or progressive.

Mike Pence should be an outlier, on the fringe of national politics, a dark horse. The reality is he is only a heartbeat from the presidency and he is a true economic and social reactionary.

Plus, as a diehard Republican he will pardon Mr Trump to spare the party of the embarrassment of having their one-time standard bearer convicted.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:35 AM

957 posts, read 757,724 times
Trump is already treading on thin ice as he's obstructing justice. That's what brought Nixon down. Somewhere down the line, Trump's tax returns are going to be subpoenaed and it's going to come to light that he's been laundering money. Then the ****'s going to hit the fan. Bring the lying POS Down!!!
Wouldn't at all be surprised if the defects to Russia to avoid prosecution. They love him over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies