Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nobody who has seen the evidence agrees with you.

The press is pulling a fast one on you again. They fooled you with the election polls, and you are going back for more.

Listen to the people who are trying the case. They have repeatedly stated that there is nothing there with Trump and Russia. If/When they start changing their tune, then you should get your hopes up.
So? Did Nixon break into Watergate? He was impeached for obstruction of justice. He resigned to avoid being impeached. Bill Clinton was not impeached by the House for his affair with Monica Lewinsky. He was charged with perjury and obstruction of justice. Regarding a Trump/Russia connection, why has he tried so hard to stop anyone from investigating any Russian ties to his campaign? Why has he praised Putin since he began campaigning and still continues to defend him?

Still, I doubt if Trump will face impeachment. There are rumors that some members of Congress are bringing up the 25th Amendment, Section 4 which allows a majority to declare he is unable to serve. That would be a huge embarrassment so he would resign first IMO.

What amazes me is how his supporters are defending Trump's abuse of power. He invited the Director of the FBI to dinner to ask him to stop the investigation. He asked him to pledge loyalty. If anything, it shows his total ignorance of our government's basic function because he's so fascinated with dictators.

By the way, where are those tapes he threatened Comey with, since they will prove he's telling the truth? Where are those tax returns he kept promising to release throughout the campaign? Why are the people who voted for him when he said "after the audit" giving him a pass? I don't believe everything I hear, but I do wonder about the cover-up which, as the expression goes, is worse than the crime. I never thought Trump colluded with the Russian government, but his behavior puzzles me enough to wonder about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 11:37 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
The GOP won't impeach Trump, they insist on carrying the baby to full term.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:39 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
If up to him he would stay until impeached and removed. It may not be up to him. The GOP would rather have him resign or removed under the 25th amendment than go through a lengthy impeachment. I suspect the family will have a role in his "early retirement."
Yes, possibly. One way or another, he will not remain.

It is crazy, the entire focus having been on him and his dealings, ever since in the WH. The endless accusations and blaming, communication issues, upheavals, firings, his reactions and daily retorts, retaliations, defending.. and those around him being affected, all due to ONE guy and his personality difficulties! Sheesh... exhausting. (If he had been hired in a workplace, he would have been kicked out long ago. He had a previous claimed "success" due to having been in charge in a lesser environment and certainly used to dictating what went on). We have not suffered through a presidency such as this.

The news reporters and officials are having to focus upon this all day, their having to address tweets, for God's sake.. , at times being distressed by it, themselves. Then, of course, the message boards across the world having been lit up with many expressing their thoughts and concerns. (No, we don't have to do this...but I do think it is a way to share feelings, release frustration or get some comic relief -- and those who do this often, are likely more similar in nature). 🤗

And to think, how different it could have been, all the way around, if having had a better, more appropriate outcome.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:46 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My husband came in and said that Trump has hired an attorney -- not WH counsel McGann who didn't serve him such a good turn anyway...
Don't know who...
Can't believe that Trump is still talking to Flynn and vice versa
Flynn is obviously trying to plead his case via media over past couple of days---
Pence is the one who is being shot down in flames now--
Since it is obvious from Flynn's new revelations that the story told to explain his dismissal -- that he had lied to Pence and Trump about his contacts and Pence has believed Flynn and lied to the American people--was so much hog wash...
Pence as head of the transition team would have known about the FBI investigation into Flynn's Turkish connections/lobbying efforts when Flynn's attorney buried the campaign/transition staff....so there was no "lie" to Pence--
There was only a **** and bull story Pence, Trump, and who knows else concocted to explain Trump's overtly bad judgement in pressing Flynn to take the NSA post...which Flynn says now he didn't want anyway...

Pence is going down in flames w/Trump so the GOP in Congress can stop pinning their homes on him as a "rational, conservative politician" to take Trump's place in the Oval Office....
Likely going to be Orrin Hatch because Ryan's involvement in some nasty elements will come out under Bobby Three Stick's scrutiny...
((Whew))... it has been some reality show!

Old 05-18-2017, 11:47 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Not a big fan of the First Amendment, there, are you?
I am certain he is a yuge fan when it comes to people he agrees with.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:51 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

What amazes me is how his supporters are defending Trump's abuse of power. He invited the Director of the FBI to dinner to ask him to stop the investigation. He asked him to pledge loyalty. If anything, it shows his total ignorance of our government's basic function because he's so fascinated with dictators.

Really excellent observation.

It takes a certain level of intellect to understand the depth of this.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:51 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Haters of freedom and the Republic have been trying to overthrow a democratically elected Trump since day one. That's called a coup, and brings with it the risk of civil war.
OMG-- so scared and dramatic-- take the meds! and chill

already said what would happen- he will be sat in a room become a real puppet and only come out when necessary- as he will be partially ill- heart maybe? or chicken pox-- whatever-- and Pence will run it without losing face.. Like the Castros- or any other crazy leader can't govern-

Old 05-19-2017, 06:07 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
If up to him he would stay until impeached and removed. It may not be up to him. The GOP would rather have him resign or removed under the 25th amendment than go through a lengthy impeachment. I suspect the family will have a role in his "early retirement."

I had suggested, last August I believe, that Mr. Trump would resign after two years, for two reasons: 1) he will not really like the job; and 2) he would declare that he had achieved everything he set out to do.

My baseline opinion has not changed. He may move the timeline up some, if he feels growing heat over the investigation.

It is still very possible, of course, that the Republicans will be able to pass tax reform (which appears to benefit mainly the wealthy), and perhaps even healthcare reform (ditto). Get some funding for a Wall (even if only enough to build 100 miles of it), make note of the fact that the number of illegals coming into the country is down, and Mr. Trump may well call it a day.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:52 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Default Impeach Trump then work down the line of succession?

The Dems hate Trump and are willing to make up connections to Russia in an attempt to discredit and destroy him. And of course everything that Trump has done including putting Gorsuch on the Supreme Court will be questioned and pulled apart. I can hear it now "Trump is mentally incompetent so none of his decisions are valid and must be recalled"

Ok so they get their dream and Trump is removed which means Pence will step in but there is already talk brewing that he is unfit for the office primarily due to his connection with Trump.

SO if they can get Trump out they will go to work on Pence and that will give us Paul Ryan. If Ryan is not enough of a puppet for them they will take him out as well.

It is amazing how nasty the Dems have become and I thought they were the party of equality and acceptance of all.

I don't think the Dems, the special interest anti Trump groups and the Lefty media will not stop until the entire line of succession is used up and in a Liberals wet dream Hillary will get the call or even better Obama will come back.

What we are seeing from the Left is their willingness to upend the country, deny the millions of people who voted Republican in their attempt to destroy.

When will it end?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Dems hate Trump and are willing to make up connections to Russia in an attempt to discredit and destroy him. And of course everything that Trump has done including putting Gorsuch on the Supreme Court will be questioned and pulled apart. I can hear it now "Trump is mentally incompetent so none of his decisions are valid and must be recalled"

Ok so they get their dream and Trump is removed which means Pence will step in but there is already talk brewing that he is unfit for the office primarily due to his connection with Trump.

SO if they can get Trump out they will go to work on Pence and that will give us Paul Ryan. If Ryan is not enough of a puppet for them they will take him out as well.

It is amazing how nasty the Dems have become and I thought they were the party of equality and acceptance of all.

I don't think the Dems, the special interest anti Trump groups and the Lefty media will not stop until the entire line of succession is used up and in a Liberals wet dream Hillary will get the call or even better Obama will come back.

What we are seeing from the Left is their willingness to upend the country, deny the millions of people who voted Republican in their attempt to destroy.

When will it end?
The Democrats have no power right now to take anyone out, much less the fantasy scenario you have painted here. If this happens, it will be under the control of the Republicans.

Kinda debunks your whole OP, huh?

P.S. Inserting Clinton or Obama into this "line of succession" b.s. makes you look even more ignorant, if that is possible. If this was a junior high civics class you would flunk. Go read the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies