Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 06:16 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
America making "islam the enemy" will bring the country down a dark path. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightening than getting killed by terrorism. Why are people so afraid? Too much right wing propghanda?

So many people responded with complete nonsense.
1) Islam has already made America and the West the enemy. Not the other way around.

2) How can a ban that affects 6 countries be a ban against Islam or Muslims?

3) I proudly support this temporary ban until we can get a proper vetting process in place.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yep. But leftist snowflakes said nothing about that "ban" as Barack held the keys to the White House.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. But leftist snowflakes said nothing about that "ban" as Barack held the keys to the White House.
The article cited above dates to 2013. I live in Kentucky and remember when the story broke. There was very little to it, ultimately. Vetting has been improved quite a bit since then, and anyone coming to this country has already undergone a rigorous investigatory process.

Trump is playing on fear and xenophobia.

Right now, large protests of Trump's actions are taking place at major airports around the country, as newly-landed refugees are welcomed. Peaceful and determined crowds of Americans are chanting, "This is what democracy looks like!"

I am glad no one tried to send back my own refugee ancestors back in 1700, when they fled religious persecution in France to come to Virginia.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:35 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
1) Islam has already made America and the West the enemy. Not the other way around.
Really now? This is quite interesting. Tell me...who speaks for the 1.6 Billion Muslims around the world in total? And then cite where that person said it. Not what some leader of a specific group said.

I'll be waiting.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:38 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What's funny is that even if a terrorist was able to get a gun and plan some horrible isis plot to kill as many americans as he could, he'd just blend in with all the americans doing the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Most likely they'll come here after the ban is lifted. Yay more welfare recipients for us to take care of.
Trump has been a welfare recipient most of his life.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The article cited above dates to 2013. I live in Kentucky and remember when the story broke. There was very little to it, ultimately. Vetting has been improved quite a bit since then, and anyone coming to this country has already undergone a rigorous investigatory process.

Trump is playing on fear and xenophobia.

Right now, large protests of Trump's actions are taking place at major airports around the country, as newly-landed refugees are welcomed. Peaceful and determined crowds of Americans are chanting, "This is what democracy looks like!"

I am glad no one tried to send back my own refugee ancestors back in 1700, when they fled religious persecution in France to come to Virginia.
Very little to it? Its very significant that Obama instituted a ban on Iraqi immigrants for 6 months. Its very significant that the left didn't decry that ban with mass protests or other rhetoric. Vetting may have improved, but it can still be better.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:02 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
To do the things Trump wants:
25 billion for a wall
Rebuild nuclear arsenal (we already spend 20 billion a year on it)
Rebuild military (trillions?)

He's going to have to increase the national debt.
Yet you are complaining about our debt?
Do we really know how this will be funded? I've heard it will be by us the taxpayers. Again, I"m not talking specifically about the wall, but about Trump's overall thought process.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:02 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
We are $20 trillion dollars in debt. 7% of our tax dollars goes to interest on that debt. If Clinton won, she would have continued paying the so called NGO 'religious' groups $2700 per head for 'hosting' the refugees for four days until they are dumped into small rural towns all over the U.S.
110,000 x $2700=$297 million And that doesn't include the free plane ride from Lebanon or whatever country.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Really now? This is quite interesting. Tell me...who speaks for the 1.6 Billion Muslims around the world in total? And then cite where that person said it. Not what some leader of a specific group said.

I'll be waiting.
Read the Quran:

Quote:
"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" -Quran (2:191-193)
Quote:
"Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". (Its clear where Christianity fits into this verse) -Quran (3:151)
Quote:
"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." -Quran (4:74)
Quote:
"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement" -Quran (5:33)
It only gets worse . . . the list goes on and on. And people wonder where Jihadists get their motivation from

Note, I took care not to write that Muslims have declared the West their enemy. No, there are many, many peace-loving Muslims. But that doesn't mean that Islam has not declared the West its enemy. The proof is right there for those who choose to see it.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:30 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Remember those 110,000 Syrian refugees that Obama & Hillary wanted to bring to the USA? They aren't coming now.

Trump suspends the Obama Refugee Program for at least 4 months. Unlimited for Syrians.

President Trump Signs Executive Order Temporarily Halting All Refugees - Breitbart
This is not winning at all. Trumps executive order has created chaos in our country and the world. What happened to our compassion. This is not what our country is about. Our country has been a power house and the leader of this world. Under Trump our status in the world is greatly diminishing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies