Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 08:34 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times

Advertisements

Ok,reading a lot of these posts and listening to the liberal left on the news is getting old.

Why am I, a white male in his 40's, and every other center right conservative racist? Why are we the bad guy's because we want our country to be improved?

What I'm getting at are a few examples such as illegal aliens. What is wrong with enforcing our laws to lessen the number here and get fewer arrivals? What is wrong with a wall built in places where one is needed? Even Trump has stated that it won't cover the whole 2000 or so miles as much of the terrain is too rugged and a wall isn't needed in those places! Other country's enforce their much stricter immigration laws but they get a pass and we are racist. Why is that? I can't go to Mexico and get a job while sucking off the government tit. If I get sick, I would be on my own for seeing a DR. Heck, I probably wouldn't even get help from the police if needed but Mexicans come here illegally in droves, popping out anchor babies so they can get free money from the taxpayers while working under the table jobs for cash. Clog up the emergency rooms for every sneeze and snivel and don't have to pay a dime and get released from custody for a future court date which they will never show up to. But America is the racist country! We are the bad guys! Why is that?

How about national pride? Again, Us Americans are the bad guys. We wave our flags proudly. Oh, it seems many foreigners take offence. Especially from south of the border. Ironic that those are the ones waving the Mexican flags while in the US. The biggest flag I ever saw was a giant Mexican flag in Mexico, Most Latin American country's the people are very nationalistic and proud of where they're from, but again, they get a pass. We, again are the bad guys and yep, you guessed it! We're racist for waving old glory and loving our country! Why?

What is wrong with us wanting jobs to return to within our borders? Why are we racist for not wanting our jobs offshored. Other country's do what they can to protect their people. But they all get passes as well. Us, again, racist! Why must we look out for everybody else in the world but ignore our own citizens? Oh, I get it, the US just can't have any national pride, can't put their people before others, Can't guard it's borders and can't do many other things that other country's have no problem with . But let there be a natural disaster, or an uprising, coup, or some petty fight between a couple of country's and who is the first to get called upon and expected to help out with money, manpower and supplies? Yep, Us racist Americans. Let the rest of the world know that it is late fall in America and all the hundred dollar leaves on everybody's money tree have fallen off and been raked up. What little we have left needs to spent on us for once!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 11:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Ok,reading a lot of these posts and listening to the liberal left on the news is getting old.

Why am I, a white male in his 40's, and every other center right conservative racist? Why are we the bad guy's because we want our country to be improved?

What I'm getting at are a few examples such as illegal aliens. What is wrong with enforcing our laws to lessen the number here and get fewer arrivals? What is wrong with a wall built in places where one is needed? Even Trump has stated that it won't cover the whole 2000 or so miles as much of the terrain is too rugged and a wall isn't needed in those places! Other country's enforce their much stricter immigration laws but they get a pass and we are racist. Why is that? I can't go to Mexico and get a job while sucking off the government tit. If I get sick, I would be on my own for seeing a DR. Heck, I probably wouldn't even get help from the police if needed but Mexicans come here illegally in droves, popping out anchor babies so they can get free money from the taxpayers while working under the table jobs for cash. Clog up the emergency rooms for every sneeze and snivel and don't have to pay a dime and get released from custody for a future court date which they will never show up to. But America is the racist country! We are the bad guys! Why is that?

It ignores the reality of it being a problem caused and fueled by individual American greed. The laws have been there for decades but due to American greed, were never observed or policed. A wall is an admission of failure to enact E-verify and strict deportation after punishment. Gathering up a hundred or so of the thousands to put them on buses back to the border, only to see them pop up again in lube and tire changing joints all along the 1-8, I-10 corridors the same week was simply pretending to address the problem while encouraging them to continue.

How about national pride? Again, Us Americans are the bad guys. We wave our flags proudly. Oh, it seems many foreigners take offence. Especially from south of the border. Ironic that those are the ones waving the Mexican flags while in the US. The biggest flag I ever saw was a giant Mexican flag in Mexico, Most Latin American country's the people are very nationalistic and proud of where they're from, but again, they get a pass. We, again are the bad guys and yep, you guessed it! We're racist for waving old glory and loving our country! Why?

No one calls you racist for observing national pride and you know this. Strawman.

What is wrong with us wanting jobs to return to within our borders? Why are we racist for not wanting our jobs offshored. Other country's do what they can to protect their people. But they all get passes as well. Us, again, racist! Why must we look out for everybody else in the world but ignore our own citizens? Oh, I get it, the US just can't have any national pride, can't put their people before others, Can't guard it's borders and can't do many other things that other country's have no problem with . But let there be a natural disaster, or an uprising, coup, or some petty fight between a couple of country's and who is the first to get called upon and expected to help out with money, manpower and supplies? Yep, Us racist Americans. Let the rest of the world know that it is late fall in America and all the hundred dollar leaves on everybody's money tree have fallen off and been raked up. What little we have left needs to spent on us for one!

You're forgetting that one of your partners in NAFTA experienced job losses within hours of the ink drying as they watched good paying jobs move out of Canada into those retarded 'right to work' states where people were still living in tarpaper shacks and pooping outdoors. You're also ignoring other countries observed the rule of law to a higher imperative than the availability of a cheap labour pool enabling more profits and unfair advantage in Free Trade deals. Your aggra business in the Imperial Valley would have been wiped out overnight had you not all those illegal messicans to offset the cost of growing veggies and fruit in gravel.

As to natural disasters; Canada has proven time and again to be there with help for the U.S., in some cases before American help arrives, as in Katrina. Canadians actually risked their lives hiding your Iran embassy staffers and providing them with fake passports to exit that chit hole. Canada allowed hundreds of overseas flights to the U.S. with thousands of American citizens to land unhindered on their soil after they were refused permission to land in their own country.
Americans resorting to the pitiable whining we're observing now is disgusting when America has been on the receiving end of so many perks awarded it due to it's economic strength for eons.
My answer has been abrupt for a reason. Americans have recently started viewing themselves as victims with everyone else the recipients of American largesse while they languish. There is more than one perspective with the facts being somewhere between yours and others.

Last edited by BruSan; 01-28-2017 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies