Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 01:14 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Reading comprehension is definitely not one of your strong points.

That's OK most read or hear what they want to hear and read.

Insulting me won't legitimize the buffoonery that is your thread. Im sorry you lost that dishwashing job to an immigrant btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 01:28 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Stopping certain immigrants from entering the USA is a start but in no way does it help college educated Americans from landing that good job.

I suggest Trump cut off all immigration to the US until every college educated American has a good job.
Why should some foreigner just because he/she is will to work for low wages get the job ahead of a very expensively educated American.

Buy American
Hire American
Screw those foreigners, just because they are cheaper.

College educated Americans should be working in business and industry, not in retail or flipping burgers. They are plenty of uneducated Americans that can do the menial tasks.

If trump truly wants to make America great get rid of the foreigners.

Make America Great but make Americans first.

No I didn't vote for Trump but not all his ideas are stupid.
To an extent I agree. But lets face it, many "college educated" Americans have no marketable skills, no work experience and no work ethic. We can't wait for every art history major or women's study major to get a real job before we let in foreigners with skills that contribute to this country.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:36 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Insulting me won't legitimize the buffoonery that is your thread. Im sorry you lost that dishwashing job to an immigrant btw.
Actually I am a retired businessman who proudly never hired an immigrant or foreigner.

Hire Americans, buy American made products then you can truly say that you want America to be great.

Unlike trump who manufacturers overseas, hires immigrants to work in his hotels, buys foreign steel to build his hotels.
I am a better American than trump is and proudly did not vote for him.

How many American made products did you buy this year?

Old 01-28-2017, 04:42 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension is definitely not one of your strong points.

That's OK most read or hear what they want to hear and read.
In your original post, you repeatedly talk about college educated Americans. Krichton directly addressed this, challenging your premise that illegal immigrants are having a significant impact on the job market for college educated Americans.

You responded with an insult because you apparently don't have an answer.

I'll ask it again - why are you so obsessed with the impact of illegal immigrants on college educated Americans? Logic - and facts - would indicate they have a far bigger impact on non-college educated workers. Let me guess: You racked up $100,000 in student loans getting an MFA and can't find a job that pays more than $15 per hour? Do you want to know whose fault that is? Yours. We live in era where massive amounts of information is at your fingertips. 5 minutes of internet research would have prevented you from making life-altering bad choices, but apparently you couldn't be bothered. Look in the mirror. The problem is you.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:53 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It feels like we've been transported in time to Germany in the 30s.

Unbelievable.
I hadn't noticed.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:58 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Stopping certain immigrants from entering the USA is a start but in no way does it help college educated Americans from landing that good job.[snip]

If trump truly wants to make America great get rid of the foreigners.[snip]
I don't agree with you at all. Legal immigrants or foreign students who want to apply for American citizenship with college degrees are an asset to our country.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:00 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It feels like we've been transported in time to Germany in the 30s.

Unbelievable.
This ^^^^

Old 01-28-2017, 06:07 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post

The ban (from certain countries) is only temporary until we can come up with some way to properly vet these people. Get a grip.
Your hero, Trump is lying to you as usual.....They are thoroughly vetted already..

Long before refugees make the journey to a new home, they are interviewed multiple times by the U.N. for their vital statistics — including where they came from and who they know — and given an iris scan to establish their identity. After that initial assessment, the U.N. then refers refugees to a country for resettlement.

If that country is the U.S., a State Department resettlement center takes over, runs background checks, and creates a file on the refugee. From there, the Department of Homeland Security, led by specially trained interrogators, conducts additional interviews looking for gaps or inconsistencies in their stories. All that information is then run though U.S. security databases for any red flags. If approved, the refugee goes through medical screening by a team of doctors prior to arriving in the country.
The entire process, Johnson says, takes between 18 and 24 months.

How the U.S. screens Syrian refugees - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies