Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 05:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times

Advertisements

I am for strict immigration enforcement, and mandatory E-Verify. The wall? May curb some of the drugs flowing into the country. Take away the bait and illegals will stop coming here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 05:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since our government didn't enforce our immigration laws as they should have we law abiding Americans aren't going to pay for their negligence by accepting or advocating for another amnesty or compromising. Fool me once.... No one has the right to improve their lives by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. What part of that don't you get? By improving their lives they have made the lives of regular Americans more difficult. Your compassion is so misplaced.

Peaceful or not they have taken jobs from Americans and Americans need those jobs back! Do you also think that we shouldn't penalize American law breakers? Why have any laws then? Deport them, why? Because they violated our laws and have taken jobs, resources and taxes from Americans, that's why! They are a burden to our society not a benefit. They also send billions out of our country not spent in our country and would continue to do so with or without an amnesty. I suggest you start putting Americans first and start respecting the rule of law.

I don't know what issues you think illegal Mexicans are more conservative about but it's irrelevant. Most American citizens of Mexican descent vote Democrat not Republican.
There are no Americans willing to do the jobs that Mexicans do in my area. If that's different in your area then by all means come up with a different solution.

Literally, you cannot hire Americans to do the jobs that Mexicans do in my state at any price. Period. End. Stop.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Bold talk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This wall is not being built because of some new legislation Trump signed.

This wall is FROM legislation passed by CLINTON, OBAMA, BIDEN and SCHUMER. you might recognize those names, they are the Democratic Party leadership.

All Trump is doing is to see to it that the wall Obama and Hilary voted for, gets funded.
Prove it.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The wall is because for over 30 years our government has been promising tighter border security and stopping of the inflow of illegal aliens. It has been promised over and over again since the Reagan amnesty, but it was all BS. Washington can SAY they will tighten up the border, or implement E Verify, but at this point, who in their right mind would believe them?

Maybe if they would have taken care of the problem in the last 30 years, nobody would be calling for a wall now. Unlike policies, you can't lie about a wall. It is either there or it's not.
Stopping the flow of illegals would be done quickly and economically. Just enforce the statutes on hiring illegals. Stiff fines and maybe some prison time for a few CEOs/execs would put a stop to it pronto.

The GOP, in particular, has no desire to do so.

Their corporate masters benefit greatly from the presence of millions of sub minimum wage illegals in the US workforce, holding down wages and benefits for the rest of America.

Ever wonder why the pols never mention taking this obvious step? Instead they want billions for a wall that'll have a negligible impact on border crossers while consuming a tremendous amount of resources much better spent on highways, bridges, airports and other badly needed infrastructure.

How come Pubs hate to spend taxpayer dollars to benefit taxpayers?

Old 01-28-2017, 06:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There are no Americans willing to do the jobs that Mexicans do in my area. If that's different in your area then by all means come up with a different solution.

Literally, you cannot hire Americans to do the jobs that Mexicans do in my state at any price. Period. End. Stop.
What state are you in and what are the jobs?

Old 01-28-2017, 06:16 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I work as a part time cashier at a grocery store. Funny thing, I'm going to say, for every 100 customers that come through with a food stamp card, at least 99 of them were not born here, and are immigrants, quite recent might I add, because they do have very thick accents. Please, tell me where else could I as an American citizen, go and move to another country because I don't like this one, and get a job, benefits and welfare. My life is getting worse and more harder, inflation going through the roof, the paycheck not keeping up, but because I am a responsible adult not popping out kids that I can't afford, don't have any special interest groups to stick up for me, or organizations I can turn to for help. My only option is to either get a third job, or just stop paying some bills and ruin my credit. I'm not against migration, obviously my ancestors were immigrants. But, I just think it's only fair that if my family can come here with nothing, and make something of themselves without asking for handouts, there is no reason why the newer immigrants can't as well. I'm tired of my quality of life going to hell because I am being over taxed and regulated so some immigrant can have the plush life. I can't even afford to run my AC in the summer, but the next door neighbors from one of the island countries seem to run the ac on a big house thanks to vouchers, drive around in Mercedes and BMW's and dress in high end clothes thanks to selling drugs and every night, throw huge parties,thanks to the welfare their baby mama's are bringing in, smoking pot, driving recklessly around the neighborhood with expired license plates on their cars, go to sleep and not have to wake up until noon the next day, just to do it all over again. All of those activities in turn, cause my insurance on the house and car to go up because they are creating unsafe conditions, cost of food is going through the roof, and dread the day I have to actually go to the hospital for some major treatment.
Amen.

You're doing the right thing by working & providing for your family. Good for you! Im sorry you have to deal with the leeches. I see them too at the grocery store. Enraging.

Heres my $50 for the wall & i'll throw in another $50 to end the FS program to anyone other than a proven, hard working ( and I mean really truly working) AMERICAN family.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many more of these wall threads are going to be created?
I'd say thousands over the next 4 years. The more ridiculous the identity baiting left act the more likely it'll become 8 years, and then 12-16 years. So, the answer could be never ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

...and then there's also the false narratives like this that we will be dealt constantly.

I love ones like when an uber-liberal posts that he/she used to be a conservative way back when. Like the post above it is a rarity rather than the norm.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What state are you in and what are the jobs?
Florida.

Jobs are landscaping, agricultural, ferneries, handy man type stuff, fencing, roofing, etc,

Old 01-28-2017, 06:59 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
I'd rather pay for the wall than to pay illegals welfare benefits the same amount as middle class workers.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd say thousands over the next 4 years. The more ridiculous the identity baiting left act the more likely it'll become 8 years, and then 12-16 years. So, the answer could be never ending.

...and then there's also the false narratives like this that we will be dealt constantly.

I love ones like when an uber-liberal posts that he/she used to be a conservative way back when. Like the post above it is a rarity rather than the norm.
You have no idea what you are talking about. My Mexican landscaper who is probably illegal although I don't know as I have never asked him volunteered to cut down the tree I have uprooted by a hurricane 3 months ago at half the price he thought an American would charge. I said no, as I want a real tree guy who knows what he is doing and grinds the stump as well as someone who can thin the canopy of other trees I have, and cut down a couple trees that are unhealthy, etc.

Three months later, multiple Americans who are tree people, scheduled to come out and give estimates and or do the work, and I am no further to getting the work done.

One more month, and I will probably have the Mexican do it.

There is no false narrative here. There simply aren't enough Americans who want to do manual labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies