Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 01:13 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If democrats have money to waste on food stamps, than I am fine with the wall. At least we will have something to show for all the money spent. Something democrats rarely get to say about anything they waste money on when they are in control.
So preventing people from starving is not something that can be shown as money well spent? Guess you aren't a "compassionate" conservative. Speaking of that; I've always found it ironic that you have to attach the word "compassionate" to "conservative" in order to keep people from hating you. You'd rather spend money on a wall that will never be built. You know it, I know it, and Trump knows it.

Anyway, all we have to do is sit back, watch Trump drag the country down his s**t hole, and bring the GOP along with him. And you guys think you're going to GAIN seats come next year...LOL! Going to be fun times indeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 01:19 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Food stamps mostly go toward children and the elderly.

You'd rather take food out of their mouths to fund a useless wall in the middle of the desert SMH.

Right-wing conservatism truly is the ideology of psychopaths.

I would love to get off food stamps. I think it's stupid to be on them but I'm certainly not getting off just to entertain Trumps ego in building this wall.
Some people actually aren't capable of working too..as you say the children and the elderly.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:20 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,947,000 times
What about if they build a wall, and the interlopers simply bypass it via Canada, or by sea or air?

Old 01-28-2017, 01:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Food stamps mostly go toward children and the elderly.

You'd rather take food out of their mouths to fund a useless wall in the middle of the desert SMH.

Right-wing conservatism truly is the ideology of psychopaths.

You'd rather take food off the table of Americans in favor of putting it on the tables of illegal aliens.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:21 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
All this wall talk. So, if you have to pay for the wall, would you rather spend the money to physically stop intruders with more border patrol?

Can it even be done?

Which is cheaper in the long run?

Finally, what stops Mexicans et al from simply flying to Canada and walking south? Will we need another wall?
I would have no problem at all if my tax money went to help pay for that wall. The savings in unchecked welfare benefits alone would be huge.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Quote:
All this wall talk. So, if you have to pay for the wall, would you rather spend the money to physically stop intruders with more border patrol?

Can it even be done?

Finally, what stops Mexicans et al from simply flying to Canada and walking south? Will we need another wall?
The cost of poor immigration enforcement would have paid for the wall 20X over. We tax payers have been paying for decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I would have no problem at all if my tax money went to help pay for that wall. The savings in unchecked welfare benefits alone would be huge.
Exactly!

Quote:
What about if they build a wall, and the interlopers simply bypass it via Canada, or by sea or air?
Do you not realize how wild your assumptions are? The places where we actually do enforce our laws are in shipping ports and airports. Coming from the south by way of Canada is so far fetched I can't even dignify it with a proper response.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I would love to get off food stamps. I think it's stupid to be on them but I'm certainly not getting off just to entertain Trumps ego in building this wall.
Some people actually aren't capable of working too..as you say the children and the elderly.

It's not stupid to be on them if you need assistance. You're an American. Americans needing assistance isn't what the thread is about.

62,887 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:

Can it even be done?

Ok, another wall baiting thread. I am willing to pay my fair share of the wall because it has already been proven to work where the double wall has already been erected. It is cost effective because illegals cost us $113 billion a year and the wall at most would cost $25 billion. 700 miles along the most porous areas of our border has already been approved by congress and that's all we need. Fewer will try to get thru in the more dangerous and impassible areas and that's the goal. The Border Patrol can take care of that. A good physical barrier helps the Border Patrol do their jobs more effectively.

If Mexicans or other illegals are coming through our northern border in large numbers we can address that border next. How many more of these wall threads are going to be created?

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:

Can it even be done?

They just snuck in 8c a gallon tax on gasoline and nobody made a peep. I'll pay another dime. It will pay for a double wall with a road in between.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:24 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If democrats have money to waste on food stamps, than I am fine with the wall. At least we will have something to show for all the money spent. Something democrats rarely get to say about anything they waste money on when they are in control.
You're dreaming if you think only Democrats get food stamps. What about all those Trump voters in the rust belt states who gave Trump the election and are on welfare, food stamps and unemployment because their jobs are all gone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies