Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 08:11 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
America needs to put people back to work so there's less interest in politics. People seems to forgot when Bush W was president. Why did we go into Iraq? We killed like over 100,000 Iraqis and other muslims and found no WMD. Is that comprehensible vs what Trump has done?
Well how long was bush in before he decided to attack Iraq? Pretty much nothing was going on until 9/11. Other than people complaining that bush stole the election......wait.........something feels familiar here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 08:16 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'm a right-winger and from what I can see of my left-wing friends on Facebook, they are becoming increasingly violent and vindictive against right-wingers and especially Trump supporters.

One of the more disturbing trends is this "Know Your Local Nazi" thing I see posted by multiple left-wingers. Basically, they go around posting pictures and information about Trump supporters in an effort to get people to try and destroy their lives (easy to do in the Internet Age). There's also this "Punch a Nazi" thing where people beat up Trump supporters in public.

Needless to say, I am buying a gun.

Political intolerance is the reason I deleted my Facebook page. It's one thing when a person disagrees with what you post on their page, but when they go off on you and even threaten you simply for posting political opinion on your own page, that was too much for me.

I wasn't (and am not) a Trump supporter. I'm a Libertarian who supported and voted for Gary Johnson. My posts where I received this treatment weren't even supporting a specific political candidate, rather were simple expressions of my political opinion yet some folks apparently thought (assumed) the posts indicated I supported Trump.

In my cases I even had family members going full psycho on me over my opinion expressed on my own page. I decided Facebook wasn't worth being treated like that and I deleted everything, all the content, photos, info etc., I could then deleted the account.

My thoughts are good riddance Facebook.

Best of luck with your situation.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:28 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
I don't do political stuff on my FB. I don't have that many people on my friends list either. I don't collect and I don't get collected either. I get "friend" requests all the time from people I don't even know. Friends of friends don't get accepted either.

I'm not even going to play around with politics, especially in the current environment, on FB. If I was having issues with the kind of stuff the OP describes I would bid it goodbye.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:33 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

Total bs meant solely to heighten the hate toward Democrats.
Uh huh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnERQIhsCFc

Old 01-28-2017, 08:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
I'm a right-winger and from what I can see of my left-wing friends on Facebook, they are becoming increasingly violent and vindictive against right-wingers and especially Trump supporters.

One of the more disturbing trends is this "Know Your Local Nazi" thing I see posted by multiple left-wingers. Basically, they go around posting pictures and information about Trump supporters in an effort to get people to try and destroy their lives (easy to do in the Internet Age). There's also this "Punch a Nazi" thing where people beat up Trump supporters in public.

Needless to say, I am buying a gun.
Are you freaking kidding me with this? You just elected a fascist right wing dictatorship who is trying to take away people's rights, and you're worried about the left fighting for what little democracy is left in this country?

Old 01-28-2017, 08:35 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Need to beware of scary little old ladies wearing pink hand-knit hats.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:36 PM

[quote=voiceofreazon;46995262]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I guess you ignored the Mosque set on fire in Texas after Trump issued the Muslim ban. Or how about the Muslim woman attacked in JFK by a Trump supporter after he screamed "This is Trump's country now!"?

Old 01-28-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'm not a Nazi, but the left has started to use the word "Nazi" for anyone who doesn't support their agenda of open borders.
If you support the Trump admin, you're endorsing Nazis. You're supporting a fascist regime. This is exactly what it looked like when the Nazis rose up in Germany. Overwhelmingly agreed on by people who lived through that era and those who studied it.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:39 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Are you freaking kidding me with this? You just elected a fascist right wing dictatorship who is trying to take away people's rights, and you're worried about the left fighting for what little democracy is left in this country?

I didn't vote for Trump but we had an election and he's our president. I hope he does well. If not and he breaks the law, we impeach him. We have laws in this country. If you don't like the results of the election, you don't get to carry on like 5 year olds throwing a temper tantram and refusing to follow the law just because you don't like it.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:40 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I didn't vote for Trump but we had an election and he's our president. I hope he does well. If not and he breaks the law, we impeach him. We have laws in this country. If you don't like the results of the election, you don't get to carry on like 5 year olds throwing a temper tantram and refusing to follow the law just because you don't like it.

Amen. Although I voted DT, I felt as you do now when BO won in 2008 and 2012, even though I did not vote for him. I did not like his performance, but like DT, he was duly elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies