Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 12:02 AM

30,696 posts, read 21,836,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
That isn't ironic, it's totally logical.

The Holocaust occurred in part because U.S. nativists refused to accept Jewish refugees, calling them "anti-Wes. rn terrorists", due to the America First movement of the 1930's (sound familiar?).

It would be insane for Jewish Americans to support a policy that led to extermination of half their religion.
And remember, all the Jews during WW2 that were flying planes into our buildings, killing gays in night clubs, killing people at work parties, cutting heads off, and blowing bombs up at foot races. Whoops, that was the Nazis and Japanese
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 12:04 AM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Less safe"? Is that why we have had a record # of post 9/11 Islamic attacks under Obama?
This has what to do with my response? BUT Obama isn't really applicable.

This sort of thing helps those who oppose us more then it helps us. You should read more history. You should maybe read what Bin Ladens expected result was going to be.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:04 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,621,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They have been on earth thousands of years... What with the fear?
They are OK because they've been around a long time. I don't see the logic in your thinking.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:06 AM

42,764 posts, read 26,048,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I think you misunderstand the ban. The ban is not against Muslims. It's against people from some Muslim-dominated countries.

There is no way to ban Muslims, since the only way to know if they're Muslims is to ask them. Of course they'll deny they're Muslims, if they want entry. So we can ban only an entire area that has a lot of Muslims.

Having said all that, I see the common sense in the ban, since we have seen the death and destruction done by refugees in other countries. Other countries took in the refugees to help them, and what they got in return was terrorists killing them cruelly, instead of a thank you.

OTOH, it saddens me that some needy refugees who are desperate can't seek refuge here. Our country's history is that we take in people who are being persecuted elsewhere. Our forefathers organized our country based on the principle. Our ancestors fled to America for that very reason.

Some have said that the biggest threat to us is not from terrorists, but from the mass shootings we've had. I think that's true. The mass shootings we've had have been done mainly by white males with assault weapons. The politicians who have been shot have been shot by white males with guns, not terrorists.

Still, we had the Boston bombing, that military mass shooting by one of our own who was a Muslim, and there have been other instances.

So, I don't know the answer. Is it better to let in a few terrorists for the sake of saving the truly deserving and desperate people who will die, if we don't admit them? Or is it better to protect ourselves against terrorists and deny admittance to everyone from those areas, knowing that some good people will die? I don't know.
But we allow immigration and travel from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia? I'm sorry but that demonstrates to me that there is NO common sense in this executive order, none whatsoever.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:10 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,280,225 times
Quote:
"Less safe"? Is that why we have had a record # of post 9/11 Islamic attacks under Obama?
What "Islamic attack" have we had in the U.S.? Name one, please.

I can't think of one ISIS or Al Qaeda attack on U.S. soil in recent years. None really since 9-11. There were some attempts, and there were a few killings over the years where the attacker was a radicalized Muslim, but nothing from ISIS or Al Qaeda. Kudos to Bush II and Obama.

And Trump doesn't ban the Saudis, who were the 9-11 hijackers and are the terrorist epicenter of the world. How can anyone take Trump seriously as "fighting terrorism" when he's buddying up with the Saudi king while banning immigrants from countries that have never killed an American?

Old 01-29-2017, 12:11 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,959,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
What really is this suppose to mean? I was born here and I'm a citizen. So eventually they are going to come and deport me? To where? The moon?
If Trump thinks he can take away the rights of those with Green cards, people who are legal permanent residents, then who is to say he won't try to take away some of the rights we have as US citizens?

Old 01-29-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:
And remember, all the Jews during WW2 that were flying planes into our buildings, killing gays in night clubs, killing people at work parties, cutting heads off, and blowing bombs up at foot races. Whoops, that was the Nazis and Japanese
I don't understand this post. There are no Muslims from any of this Trump directive who do any of these things. Trump banned Muslims from countries with 0 such incidents. Not one American has been killed from any migrant from any of these countries. Not one terrorist attack.

But he is allowing migrants from Saudi Arabia, the world's terrorist hotbed, and source of 9-11. Can you explain the logic of allowing Saudis if you want to protect Americans from Islamic Terror, while banning countries with no terror incidents?

And there were lots of Jewish terrorists in Europe around WW2. Jews resisted The Nazis, and many Americans considered the Jews to be terrorists. Jews were assasinating German politicans, killing civillians, setting off bombs, etc. It was very easy for the America First movement of the time to ban Jews from entering the U.S.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:18 AM

[quote=Dequindre;46996626]I'll just drop these here:

Migrants linked to 69,000 would-be or actual crimes in Germany in first three months of 2016: police | Reuters

You realize this shows a very low crime rate for migrants, right?

Germany has like 10 million migrants. If there are 69,000 "would be or actual crimes" for 10 million residents, that would be a significantly lower crime rate than in the U.S. You would actually lower the U.S. crime rate if you moved these migrants to the U.S.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:18 AM

37,091 posts, read 42,078,286 times
It doesn't in any way. People today don't seem to understand how the world works, people and ideas aren't always compatible.. I think we have it so damn free and easy in the USA we forget what kind of place the world actually is. Or people just want to create strife for the sake of watching a train wreck.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:43 AM

322 posts, read 284,938 times
It does because I am a Muslim....with friends from different countries..and also he could put any country on that list anytime he wanted to. He's that type of thin skinned guy, criticism only encourages the orange traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies