Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 11:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
My hope is that this shocks the military and the intelligence community to such an extent that they begin to undermine the Trump administration and eventually force Trump out. He's gotta go. There is absolutely no justifying replacing the DOD and Intel leadership with a racist neo-fascist. How can anyone even justify this?
I guess it's easy when you believe you're the smartest, bestest person that ever trod the earth and have the power to fire anyone who disagrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 11:00 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
in one week Trump has done more than Obama did in eight years

Trump is already looking to be massively successful. Dems have a bad map in 2018 which will lead to more Republicans in power. Liberals are dying more and more everyday and they don't realize why.
I keep asking you guys this and get no answer, other than signing his name what has he actually done? All these EO he signed still need congress to become full laws, so what has he actually done? ACA still around, wall still has no real plan or funding,

Old 01-29-2017, 11:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Agree with this completely. It's insane, hopefully the adults in the room grow a pair and put country first at some point. I feel like there's space for an anti trump republican to step up and gain traction among moderates and thoughtful conservatives. Not that I agree with him but I can see Paul stepping out to claim
I entirely hope so. I voted Republican in my first two Presidential elections. I didn't like Obama and liked what I heard from McCain and Romney. The issue is I look at Trump and see an evil, lying, hateful, hypocrite. I can't stand for that.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:06 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
My hope is that this shocks the military and the intelligence community to such an extent that they begin to undermine the Trump administration and eventually force Trump out. He's gotta go. There is absolutely no justifying replacing the DOD and Intel leadership with a racist neo-fascist. How can anyone even justify this?
Spicer made a bold and lengthy attempt to do so on George Stephanopoulos's show this morning. Some bull **** about Bannon being a necessary information filter between all the intelligence and the president.

The average spoken words per minute for a fast talker is 180. Spicer is averaging 250 WPM with his answers. A veritable cascade of diarrhetic expulsion. All of it, meaningless obfuscation.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:08 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Does anybody here actually know what the NSC does?

I admit I have no freaking clue.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:13 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,507,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Really? It's "not surprising" that a blogger of a conspiracy theorist website is elevated above the joint chiefs of staff? To any thinking American this is stunning, and not in a good way. Anyone who doesn't understand this is living in an alternative reality.
With trump....nope.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:27 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Does anybody here actually know what the NSC does?

I admit I have no freaking clue.
" Since its inception under Harry S. Truman, the function of the Council has been to advise and assist the president on national security and foreign policies. The Council also serves as the president's principal arm for coordinating these policies among various government agencies"

From Wiki. Pretty much sums it up

Old 01-29-2017, 11:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Spicer made a bold and lengthy attempt to do so on George Stephanopoulos's show this morning. Some bull **** about Bannon being a necessary information filter between all the intelligence and the president.

The average spoken words per minute for a fast talker is 180. Spicer is averaging 250 WPM with his answers. A veritable cascade of diarrhetic expulsion. All of it, meaningless obfuscation.
Which is why some are now referring to Spicer as "Sphincter"...LOL

Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
Elevating Bannon is akin to a Democratic president elevating Maddow to the position.

Dropping the JCoS and intelligence is downright scary.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:45 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Elevating Bannon is akin to. Democratic president elevating Maddow to the position.

Dropping the JCoS and intelligence is downright scary.
Sounds like the acts of a scared man. Very Nixonian of Trump, I fear this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies