Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

The guy is a Rockefeller, even 37 billion isn't touching their fortune. They and the Rothschild's make money out of nothing and sell it to the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 07:17 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Nothing to see here:

"Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians
An undercover investigation by Channel 4 News reveals how Cambridge Analytica secretly campaigns in elections across the world. Bosses were filmed talking about using bribes, ex-spies, fake IDs and sex workers."

https://www.channel4.com/news/cambri...-investigation
Just saw it. GOP dirty tricks times 10. Just so a couple of billionaires can put their guy in for Putin

Old 03-19-2018, 07:17 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The stock market is rather expensive right now, a drop may just be a reversion to more realistic prices rather than some exogenous 'event.'
Fair enough.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:19 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
bs

Go read post 121....keep your head in the sand.....

Old 03-19-2018, 07:20 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Did Cambridge Analytica also win the election for Obama when he used their services in 2012
In 2012, he was lauded for his brilliant use for the data that he mined.
In 2018, it's discovered that Trump may have done the same thing, but now it must be investigated as being a crime.
Cambridge Analytica was founded in 2013 Obama's data was mostly gathered by volunteers who canvassed, made phone calls and talked to people who attended rallies. I know that because I was a campaign volunteer and did a ton of data entry.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:21 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
I am not on Facebook and have warned my entire family to guard their personal information. I only hope they have listened to the old guy.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Cambridge Analytica was founded in 2013
In fairness, we don't know conclusively that CA didn't previously function under a different name.

And, as has been pointed out numerous times here, there's no guarantee that other unconnected companies haven't created the same secret sauce and used it for other campaigns. Certainly plenty of other companies, governments, and even individuals had access to the same loop hole in FB prior to FB changing its rules. See, for example:

Facebook’s rules for accessing user data lured more than just Cambridge Analytica

So, I'm totally open-minded to the possibility that this sort of thing was done by Democrat campaigns in the past (not to mention the possibility of other Republican campaigns in the past).

All I know for sure right now is that this and the background information about Manafort taking cash from dictators while serving as a "free" campaign consultant in various campaigns all the way back to the 1980s (and his company also worked for both parties), has made me question whether anything I've always believed about politics, politicians, and voting was really ever true.

Last edited by RosieSD; 03-19-2018 at 07:37 PM..

Old 03-19-2018, 07:25 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,162 times
Quote:
US senators Amy Klobuchar, a Democrat, and John Kennedy, a Republican, have also called for a hearing about data security and said they want to question Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg, and the heads of other tech companies.
This could spell disaster for Mark Zuckerberg. As appearing before any kind of Congressional hearing or any other similar format, is by all accounts not a wise choice for an individual who eschews such grilling. If he does appear before a hearing to answer questions, the resulting giddiness and immature behavior, not to mention profuse sweating attacks, will have Facebook stocks plunging even lower.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:28 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This social-media monstrosity has changed and damaged our whole society immensely. Far more that's false and anti-social, passes through it, than anything resembling truth and goodwill between people.
Truth.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:29 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
To answer your title line - I think that many factors won Trump the election. But all the factors that won him the election had nothing to do with intelligent reasoning. I think all these various internetty aspects, including whatever may have come from Russia, played an important part, both duping ignorant people and fanning the flames of their worst instincts of greed, grievance, and hate.

Like you, I too wonder about the ability to hold a free and fair election these days. The only route for me is to stick with the long-respected reputable news sources, and hope that one day Trump supporters might educate themselves a little.

Great post, by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies