Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 07:46 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by volobjectitarian View Post
apparently, hillary voters are still in the denial phase. That's all this thread is - another "since nobody could possibly vote for trump, since everyone thinks like me, it must have been hi tech chicanery and machination that brainwashed everyone!" denial of a simple basic truth.

Trump won because he won more electoral votes that were the result of free thinking americans choosing him over clinton. That's it. That's all.

All these "there's no way anyone could like trump enough to vote for him" conspiracy theories are purely subjective, selfish projections that are the cries of people still in denial. I didn't vote for clinton, and i never look at facebook. Clinton gave me 25+ years in the public eye to know everything i needed to know about her, and i simply refused to consent to her governance. Before a single leak from podesta's treasure chest got leaked, i was in "will never vote for her" territory. Before she was obama's miserable failure of a secretary of state, i was never going to vote for her for anything. My distaste for clinton goes back decades.

I don't think like you (evilcart). I never will. We will probably disagree on 99% of every political topic under the sun, always. Facebook didn't brainwash me, cambridge analytica didn't program me...i am just different from you. Stop being so freaking arrogant that you think everyone either thinks like you or would had they not been brainwashed. People are different. Period. Either trump convinced the majority in the right electoral locations to vote for him, or hillary didn't convince the same folks, or a combo. But it was all free thinking people voting, about half of whom think differently than you.

Accept it.
^^^this^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 07:47 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

I am left wondering how we can even have free and fair elections in the face of such tremendous power. How can we trust ourselves when we know every image, every thought is being filtered sorted and filed. it is a plot pulled straight out of George Orwell's 1984.
I voted for Johnson but with a MSM 96% on the left we will never have free and fair elections. Can't have free and fair primaries with the DNC controlled by the Clinton campaign and super delegates.

Seriously the far left is whining way too much for way too long. Put your effort in to 2018 and 2020 and let the split milk be.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I voted for Johnson but with a MSM 96% on the left we will never have free and fair elections. Can't have free and fair primaries with the DNC controlled by the Clinton campaign and super delegates.

Seriously the far left is whining way too much for way too long. Put your effort in to 2018 and 2020 and let the split milk be.
A complaint about millions of people's personal information being compromised for political purposes is 100% appropriate. Sorry that so many of you have knee-jerk responses to whine about Clinton, rather than to objectively consider the fact that a researcher got Facebook's permission to do a project, and then abused that permission to access personal information of millions of people who never consented to her research, and then further abused Facebook's trust by selling that information to a political consulting company. This isn't a partisan complaint. This is a complaint about a violation of privacy. Privacy, if you don't know, is fundamental to freedom. If you don't have privacy, you don't have freedom. So when people's privacy is violated, it is an issue. Not a partisan issue. Just a simple, straightforward issue.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:00 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
The stock market doesnt care about your politics.
Huh?

What part of my comment was political? Are P/E ratios political now?

Quote:
Valuation is not a catalyst
It may not be the proximate cause of the decline for an individual stock, but it doesn't need to be a "catalyst" in order to be the most important factor.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:01 AM

267 posts, read 121,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I guess you don't like the facts, so you ignore them.

Sadly, it's par for the course.
Facts? Hahaha I already presented you with facts. It’s no secret that the owner of Cambridge Analytica is trumps biggest donor, the Mercer family

It’s also no secret that the Trump campaign paid 6 million to Cambridge Analytica

It’s also no secret that they work through different entities. We already know that the parent company of Cambridge Analytica, SCL group was getting federal contracts thanks to our current president. Bannon was a leader of SCL, and Michael Flynn was an advisor of SCL and Rebecca Mercer was the co-owner. Funny how the same characters keep coming up all the time.

This is just starting...

Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
You don’t have to be a genius to figure out the Mercer-Bannon-Trump connection

Mr Bannon didn’t exactly get hired as an advisor for his qualifications. Rebecca Mercer was also in the transition team. Cambridge Analytica. Got exposed today in the U.K. and they stated they hide their identity through other fake entities.
so what you are saying is "facts don't matter because.... TRUMP"

got it.

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
CA was started in 2013. Go ahead read some more.

So, there were no other companies like CA...EVER...it only started with them? Yes, please, read and use some critical thinking next time....

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I personally feel the relatively minor tariffs were a target gesture meant to generate political leverage etc. and that they have no intention of getting in a big trade war.
Sometimes things happen in spite of intent.

I'll remind you that most people believed Trump initially had no intent to become President. It was a bit of a joke and a PR stunt. At some point it took hold, and even though he tried, and tried hard, to get out gracefully by saying things that would end his run, the morons (and a few smart, but misguided people) that followed him were sucked in by the hate, scape-goating and the simpleton 1-liner 'solutions' to complex problems they didn't understand and they ultimately couldn't let go.

Just saying, I doubt anyone has an intent of trade-war, but that does not guarantee it won't happen.

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
People ask me all the time do you have an Alexa or Google Home? No! Why not? B/c I don't want a listening device in my house. I get this face.
A lot of privacy sacrificed for the sake of convenience.

Amazon may nurture laziness more than any company that ever existed, and that's saying quite a bit considering we're a society that will circle the parking lot at the gym for a parking spot that's closer to the door.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:08 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It’s amazing the difference in coverage when Obama does the same thing Trump should be impeached for.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ebook-election

One's let....one's right....it's o.k. if the left does it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies