Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 08:15 AM

267 posts, read 122,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't understand why this topic gets a sticky. Not as big of a story as most that get stickied, by any means.
It’s not a big story in Breitbart news but as you can see it has almost 700 replies. It’s also being covered in all major news outlets, Fox might be an exception, they are probably talking about Hillary or Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 08:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
It’s not a big story in Breitbart news but as you can see it has almost 700 replies. It’s also being covered in all major news outlets, Fox might be an exception, they are probably talking about Hillary or Obama.
It's not nearly as big as most topics that get stickied, by any means.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
It's not nearly as big as most topics that get stickied, by any means.
It is big. It’s your political bias that doesn’t let you see that. 700 posts is not easy to achieve

Anyway let’s discuss the topic. What do you think about these companies sharing (Facebook) and using your personal data for advertising and political purposes?

Old 03-21-2018, 08:23 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
It is big. It’s your political bias that doesn’t let you see that. 700 posts is not easy to achieve

Anyway let’s discuss the topic. What do you think about these companies sharing (Facebook) and using your personal data for advertising and political purposes?
It's not nearly as big as most stories that get stickied, by any means.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:30 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
IF the election was pushed in Trumps direction by Russian hacking, Cambridge Analytics or illegal immigrants voting for Trump is unlikely to ever be conclusively proven and probably academic at this point.

What is more interesting (and relevant) is what Bob Muller uncovers regarding Trump's campaign activities along with what should be obvious to everyone - Trumps blind spot to Putin and all things Russian.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
It's not nearly as big as most stories that get stickied, by any means.
Are you gonna keep repeating yourself or are you gonna participate? Why don’t you email the mods and give them your opinion? Mods actions should not be discussed in regular threads. It’s not like we can do anything for you. We didn’t sticked this thread so don’t complain to us. You have some misplaced anger.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:34 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
IF the election was pushed in Trumps direction by Russian hacking, Cambridge Analytics or illegal immigrants voting for Trump is unlikely to ever be conclusively proven and probably academic at this point.

What is more interesting (and relevant) is what Bob Muller uncovers regarding Trump's campaign activities along with what should be obvious to everyone - Trumps blind spot to Putin and all things Russian.

Sounds like you’re looking for excuses for why your candidate lost

Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:

I wouldn't like it just like I do not like the fact that every retailer with loyalty cards does the same thing as I'd bet credit card companies do or any business that has a digital presence. The only people that get actual deep information from me are the ones that must have it like loans etc.

The rest get massaged generic info at best...

Old 03-21-2018, 09:02 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I use browser extensions/plug-ins and I've got it set up where what appears in my newsfeed excludes political postings.
Interesting, I didn't know that existed. I use FB quite a bit and I'm mixed about whether I'd want to block the political postings to be honest. It's interesting to see what my FB friends values are, even if they disagree with mine.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
I don't understand why this topic gets a sticky. Not as big of a story as most that get stickied, by any means.
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing this would be a MUCH bigger deal to you if Hillary had won the election using these tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies