Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 07:23 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What did Barron do? I wish people would leave the poor kid alone already.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say Bannon.
No, I fully meant the kid...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 07:34 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
If Dems move back to the center, they'll be fine. Given that many moderate Repubs are uncomfortable with Trump, Barron, and his cronies...its a very good opportunity to pick them up.

There's too many extreme sides on both parties....and what america needs is a move back to the center. There is a reason that the best years over the past couple decades occured during the Clinton years. Hopefully after people realize how bad Trump was, along with the far right and far left, we'll get that.
Let me guess........you like to see Debbie wasserman Shultz as the canidate for president.

Hate to break it to you. But Clinton won the nomination. So the party didn't go to what you call the extreme left. They went with a unlikable corporatist.....and lost.

Bernie or bust. No regrets.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Let me guess........you like to see Debbie wasserman Shultz as the canidate for president.

Hate to break it to you. But Clinton won the nomination. So the party didn't go to what you call the extreme left. They went with a unlikable corporatist.....and lost.

Bernie or bust. No regrets.

Being pro-business and moderate will ensure that Dems have plenty of $$$ and continue to push the right policies. Most of us coastal business elites view the Repubs under Trump as worthless, so the Dems are the best option...but only if they keep people like Warren and Ellison from grabbing power

Old 01-29-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Being pro-business and moderate will ensure that Dems have plenty of $$$ and continue to push the right policies. Most of us coastal business elites view the Repubs under Trump as worthless, so the Dems are the best option...but only if they keep people like Warren and Ellison from grabbing power
What are the right policies?

Old 01-29-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
What are the right policies?
More free trade
Less regulation
Let business build products where they want to
Multilateralism
Encourage immigration for those with desirable skills
Cut corporate taxes (1 to 3% would be great, but I also like 0%)

Basically, everything that Trump will not do...but that Dems have pushed in the past.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:59 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
yeah if Democrats campaign on mass Muslim immigration and funding sanctuary cities. I am sure they will win

not to mention attacking white people. A winning strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeoC7P7Wmo

Old 01-29-2017, 08:01 PM

610 posts, read 532,711 times
Doesn't Shumer have a neurotic relative who's an "actress"? Well it must run in the family, he's proven over and over what a phony he is, he just acts the part well.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
More free trade
Less regulation
Let business build products where they want to
Multilateralism
Encourage immigration for those with desirable skills
Cut corporate taxes (1 to 3% would be great, but I also like 0%)

Basically, everything that Trump will not do...but that Dems have pushed in the past.
Uh. I think your going to be S*** out of luck with with the democrats. I don't think most of the voters in the party are in the corporate friendly mood. Might be easier for you to push the republican to get less regulation and corporate tax cuts.

Last edited by baystater; 01-29-2017 at 08:19 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
yeah if Democrats campaign on mass Muslim immigration and funding sanctuary cities. I am sure they will win

not to mention attacking white people. A winning strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeoC7P7Wmo
I nominate this broad to be the national Democrat Spokeswoman for All Congressional Elections in 2018. Republicans can take over senate seats in PA, WV, FL, OH, IN, MI, MO, and WI.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:46 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Leader of Democrat party, Chuck Schumer, cries on National TV.

Tears for a few people detained at airports.

I see more of that "Blue Wall" coming down.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/stat...55130016378881

Honestly, I see just the opposite happening. And I think compassion will win out in the end. If we don't have compassion and empathy towards other human beings then we have lost our soul. I don't know if you are christian, but I am. And any christian who agrees with Trump on this, is not a true christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies