Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Actually, this shooter is like any other mass shooter we have seen the past few decades around the world.

Their ulterior expressed motive may be slightly different. Dylan Roof was supposedly an avowed white supremacist. The Orlando shooter was supposedly inspired by ISIS. So on and so forth.

But aside from those supposed philosophical differences, in reality, all of these mass killers are all quite the same, all cut from the same mold.

While all the 'experts' can endlessly debate over Islam, racism, etc. etc., the true motive for these killers is simply narcissism and a need for ego gratification and attention, a way to combat their insecurities. It's no surprise these killers all have some form of manifesto written somewhere, usually on their FB page or a rant on some website forum.

These narcissists are angry at society, angry in their twisted minds that the world seems to pay no attention to them. So in order to get back at society, a society that seemingly ignores their importance, they plan and execute crimes so heinous it is guaranteed to put a name to their face in the world media. Their crime gives them the attention and publicity they so desperately crave.

And so it goes. All a very predictable pattern, and we'll be seeing more of these fools in the future (the YouTube narcissist generation).
You did a credible job of getting to root cause, here.

I have previously made an analogy to Suicide Clusters in that the last suicide often inspires/ triggers the next.

There is no shortage of evidence that so many of these mass shooters idolize those who shot before them.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I've noticed the stories that originally included the information he was new to the country have all been revised. It's the fog of war, all initial stories are wrong.
Very common for initial reports to be inaccurate.

Those into conspiracy have a tendency to believe them and dismiss the facts once the dust settles.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:59 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Actually, this shooter is like any other mass shooter we have seen the past few decades around the world.

Their ulterior expressed motive may be slightly different. Dylan Roof was supposedly an avowed white supremacist. The Orlando shooter was supposedly inspired by ISIS. So on and so forth.

But aside from those supposed philosophical differences, in reality, all of these mass killers are all quite the same, all cut from the same mold.

While all the 'experts' can endlessly debate over Islam, racism, etc. etc., the true motive for these killers is simply narcissism and a need for ego gratification and attention, a way to combat their insecurities. It's no surprise these killers all have some form of manifesto written somewhere, usually on their FB page or a rant on some website forum.

These narcissists are angry at society, angry in their twisted minds that the world seems to pay no attention to them. So in order to get back at society, a society that seemingly ignores their importance, they plan and execute crimes so heinous it is guaranteed to put a name to their face in the world media. Their crime gives them the attention and publicity they so desperately crave.

And so it goes. All a very predictable pattern, and we'll be seeing more of these fools in the future (the YouTube narcissist generation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I wish more people thought like you on these topics.

Watch however when there is a Muslim involved attack, the person is portrayed as completely rational and normal... only carrying out the strict edicts of his or her religion. Whereas a far right nationalist such as Hans Brevik, Dylan Roof or Bisonette are portrayed as poor disaffected souls whom finally broke one day and need a hug.
Thanks PDX

Could have not said it any better.

We are living in the era of paid bloggers, and mainstream news media that will spin any news to push propaganda for whomever who pays more.

A huge portion of world population has been brainwashed to a point where we pick and choose to believe only in the news that sits in accord with our pre-conceived/stereotype mindset - regardless of whether it's true or not.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:56 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The ulterior motives interest me though. The Orlando shooter and Santa Barbara guy both had sexual frustrations. I'm guessing that is present here too.

So sure these guys have the same common denominator.

I'm just curious about what sends them deeper down the rabbit hole. That's why Roof isn't too interesting. His backstory is just hate on top of hate.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:15 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO Quebec needs to tell those Muslims and Hasidics to leave. Period. Both of their kind can go to the Middle East and stay there.
So, a born and bred white Quebecer RWNJ goes off the rails and shoots 6 Muslims in Quebec and it's the Muslims that should leave...along with Hasidic Jews you just threw in for good measure?

In what alternative universe does that make any kind of sense?

Old 01-31-2017, 04:48 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
So, a born and bred white Quebecer RWNJ goes off the rails and shoots 6 Muslims in Quebec and it's the Muslims that should leave...along with Hasidic Jews you just threw in for good measure?

Agreed! I would like clarification, too.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:58 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Well, he was responding to a post by me where I mentioned that those two groups had butted heads with Quebec on the issue of reasonable religious accommodation.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:03 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
And here we go - attacker called "lone wolf"

Quebec mosque shooting: Vigils held across Canada - CNN.com

See, exactly as I said.

When a right-wing bigot kills a bunch of brown people and/or Muslims, he's a "lone wolf" and we're supposed to pretend he's not representative of a bigger problem. But when a Muslim kills anybody, suddenly he's a "terrorist" - like "all Muslims" - and the only appropriate response is to kill them all. Typical hypocrisy.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:05 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually nobody ever said that, but it is true that these kinds of incidents rarely happen in Canada.

You’re more likely to be shot to death in the United States than you are to die in a car accident in Canada.
But I'm sure more guns in America would fix that problem - it works in the movies, and based on the election of the Slimebag in Chief, Americans can't tell the difference between fact and fiction anymore.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:22 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Well, he was responding to a post by me where I mentioned that those two groups had butted heads with Quebec on the issue of reasonable religious accommodation.
I understand, but if anyone with any kind of moral compass working for them thinks that banning whole demographics of society because they occasionally butt heads with Quebec's legislators, there'd have been a border between Quebec and the rest of Canada erected 50 years ago with travel restricted to and fro.

Banning or ejecting has not worked since before WWII.

Discussion and compromise, while often done reluctantly, is still the ONLY means to reach consenus. No entity can wall itself off in the 21st century and hasn't been able to do that effectively for probably a century or more.

Even those isolated tribes in the jungle are subject to the mores and whims of those who surround them. It is only through co-operation they remain "partially" quarantined.

These kinds of discussions haven't been heard since a very terrible time in the world's history. I'm flummoxed as to how anyone would desire returning to those dark times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies